Poor Freddie Smerlas

bills_fan

From today's D&C

The NFL's New England Patriots reportedly have revoked about 40 season tickets owned by Buffalo Bills Wall of Famer Fred Smerlas in a crackdown on selling game tickets to a third party. Smerlas, a five-time Pro Bowl nose tackle, has for 12 years co-hosted popular $250-per-head Patriots pre- and post-game tailgate parties across the street from Gillette Stadium. According to The Boston Globe, a tailgate party, game ticket and parking space package was available for $625. The season tickets currently owned by Smerlas will go to some of the 50,000 people on the team's season-ticket waiting list.

Choke on it you blowhard.

From today's D&C

Choke on it you blowhard.

857746[/snapback]

Here's the Boston Globe article:

Patriots play tough

Smerlas sells a food and beverage tailgate package at Patriots home games for $250, while a nearly identical plan with parking and a game ticket included costs $625, according to Smerlas's website, Patriotstailgate.com. In effect, Smerlas charges an extra $375 for a parking space and a game ticket with a face value of $125. Smerlas said the website information is somewhat misleading because prices fluctuate, and tailgate packages are often sold as part of broader sponsorship packages.

(emphasis added)

He's a notch up from pond scum only because he's screwing Paytoilet's fans.

where is the problem...if you do not want to pay extra for the package, then do not...

857791[/snapback]

Yeah, but if he's using his influence and capacities to get tickets that people might otherwise buy and then selling them at a huge profit, it's kind of unfair. I'd be pissed about people doing this at a Bills or Sabres game. As it is I had to pay quite a bit to get tickets to come home for a Sabres game in Feb.

Season tickets should not be an opportunity for fans to make money. You either want them and you go to a bulk of the games, or you sell them for a reasonable price to cover the hassle, maybe 10-20% more, tops.

I hate that it's become really prohibitive in terms of both pricing and atmosphere for families and your average joes to go to and enjoy games.

Season tickets should not be an opportunity for fans to make money.

858015[/snapback]

A friend of mine (lives in Toronto) has 10 Sabres Season Tickets.

He scalps the the tickets for the 8 home games per year with Leafs/Canadians.

He says that the money he gets for the tickets for these 8 games is more than the total cost for the season tickets.

A friend of mine (lives in Toronto) has 10 Sabres Season Tickets.

He scalps the the tickets for the 8 home games per year with Leafs/Canadians.

He says that the money he gets for the tickets for these 8 games is more than the total cost for the season tickets.

858037[/snapback]

While I appreciate ripping off Leafs fans, this is also the reason our house gets taken over whenever Toronto comes into town. Personally, I think real fans would want to see that game.

While I appreciate ripping off Leafs fans, this is also the reason our house gets taken over whenever Toronto comes into town.  Personally, I think real fans would want to see that game.

858046[/snapback]

then they should have bucked up for season tickets...

then they should have  bucked up for season tickets...

858095[/snapback]

I suppose, but I feel like I'm a real fan but there's no way I could afford season tickets + travel from NYC to make a reasonable number of the games. I can, however, afford the single games. But it gets way out of hand when a profiteer is trying to make triple the value of the ticket. All I'm saying. Thankfully there are usually enough Buffalo fans that aren't greedy who have seasons, and are willing to sell off a game or two that they aren't going to at a reasonable price.