Bush Worst president ever?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Gore and Kerry would have been far and away better president than this idiot Bush. THey have brains and that puts them a few steps ahead of Bush to begin with.

857342[/snapback]

This is, quite possibly, the most childish post I have ever seen on this board. You even beat out your previous post that implied Carter's decisions were responsible for the strong economy during Reagan's years in the White House. :D:lol::lol:

One man's list of the worst presidents ever:

1. FDR - Most dictator-like president in U.S. history. Moved toward a centrally-planned economy. Insistence on "unconditional surrender" in WWII discouraged the German generals plotting against Hitler, it prolonged the war for years, and ultimately resulted in Soviet control of most of Europe.

2. LBJ - Great Society program an utter disaster. Vietnam War. Open border immigration policy.

3. Woodrow Wilson - Got the U.S. involved in WWI based on false Allied propaganda about German atrocities. WWI failed to achieve the stated goal of making the world safe for democracy.

4. Truman - Snubbed the British after Churchill gave his "Iron Curtain" speech. Republicans had to pressure him to enact the Marshall Plan. Destroyed two Japanese cities with nuclear weapons. Fired General MacArthur for wanting to win the Korean War.

5. George W. Bush - has asked American soldiers to die to "fight terror" while refusing to fight terror by securing America's borders. Sold out to corporations, and reduced civil liberties. Poor environmental record. Iraq war.

6. Grant - Deeply corrupt administration

7. Clinton - More corruption and lack of moral leadership. Weak environmental record. Bungled military efforts. Failed North Korean policy.

1. FDR - Most dictator-like president in U.S. history. Moved toward a centrally-planned economy. Insistence on "unconditional surrender" in WWII discouraged the German generals plotting against Hitler, it prolonged the war for years, and ultimately resulted in Soviet control of most of Europe.

857956[/snapback]

:D

I would rank FDR as the best president. He lead this country through its most difficult historical period, aside from the Civil War.

2. LBJ - Great Society program an utter disaster. Vietnam War. Open border immigration policy.

3. Woodrow Wilson - Got the U.S. involved in WWI based on false Allied propaganda about German atrocities. WWI failed to achieve the stated goal of making the world safe for democracy.

4. Truman - Snubbed the British after Churchill gave his "Iron Curtain" speech. Republicans had to pressure him to enact the Marshall Plan. Destroyed two Japanese cities with nuclear weapons. Fired General MacArthur for wanting to win the Korean War.

5. George W. Bush - has asked American soldiers to die to "fight terror" while refusing to fight terror by securing America's borders. Sold out to corporations, and reduced civil liberties. Poor environmental record. Iraq war.

6. Grant - Deeply corrupt administration

7. Clinton - More corruption and lack of moral leadership. Weak environmental record. Bungled military efforts. Failed North Korean policy.

857956[/snapback]

No love for Jimmy Carter?

I'd take Truman off the list. Dude had BALLS to drop those bombs on the yellow menace. Payback's a b!tch! Konichiwa homies!

I figured as much. An answer with no substance and merely insults. Nothing but a parrot of right wing mumbo jumbo. I guess the 197o's energy crisis was all Carter's fault, too.

857612[/snapback]

Whose fault was 911 and the market crash of 2000?

:D

I would rank FDR as the best president. He lead this country through its most difficult historical period, aside from the Civil War.

858081[/snapback]

Suppose the Supreme Court struck down a number of George W. Bush's laws. Now suppose he responded by trying to increase the number of justices on the court to 16. How would you feel about that? That would be many times worse than the Patriot Act, no? Well FDR tried the same thing back in the '30s.

Suppose the Supreme Court struck down a number of George W. Bush's laws. Now suppose he responded by trying to increase the number of justices on the court to 16. How would you feel about that? That would be many times worse than the Patriot Act, no? Well FDR tried the same thing back in the '30s.

858209[/snapback]

He tried to start the constitutional amendment process - and guess what - the process worked and his idea never got off the ground.

So - what's your point? You just don't like his politics (BTW, he was a supply-side advocate until the last minute- until common sense prevailed).

He tried to start the constitutional amendment process - and guess what - the process worked and his idea never got off the ground.

So - what's your point? You just don't like his politics (BTW, he was a supply-side advocate until the last minute- until common sense prevailed).

858332[/snapback]

He has a point?

That would be a first...

858332[/snapback]

And what idea was that? Packing the court? There never was any "constitutional amdendment process" because the Constitition does not specify the number of Justices

Is someone going to seriously blame a president for these things?

Stay tuned.

858377[/snapback]

On the wacko front, doesn't FDR get the slack for pushing Japan over the "indignant brink" and "knowing" about Pearl Harbor in advance?

Henry Ford made the list and he was a huge anti-semite... And wanted to go to "bed" with Hilter... :doh::lol:

On the flip of the above sentence... And ya... Like X Benny said... Why the heck was Woody Guthrie left off the list?

:P

YOU'RE.  A contraction of "You" and "are"  YOU'RE=You are.

These mean the same thing:

1) You are not free.

2) You're not free.

"Your not free" means nothing.

As for your question, I do feel less free.  Our country survived without surveillance and data mining, etc.  But I also feel less free when my name and information and buying preferences can be sold to anyone, and that is more often what this kind of information is used for.  I think we are, on the whole, less free than when this nation was founded because there is much more money in allowing corporations to be free to use people and their information.

Before anyone goes taking this as a "corporations bad!" post, I don't see it that way 100%.  I've entered into most of these contracts to curtail my freedom either knowingly or without reading all the fine print, as it were.  I do this because I value the goods and services I'm purchasing enough.  But I will say that it's been made much easier for one to lose the freedom to isolate oneself from this system.

857222[/snapback]

Ha. OK. Since this board has turned into a grammar critiquing clinic ...

That was a great post of YOURS. :doh: