Will clements be a bill next year?

Will clements be a bill next year?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Will clements be a bill next year?

• Yes - The bills will franchise him
    • Yes - The bills will fork over money and resign him
    • Yes - Other
    • No - The bills just let him walk
    • No - The bills franchise him then trade him
    • No - Other

These are all the scenarios i could come up with. Please let me know if im missing anything.

I think the worst thing levy can do is let him walk.

At least give him the franchise tag and trade him for a draft pick.

You have to use every tool at your disposal to win in the NFL and you can't care if you hurt someone's feelings. And Levy would be a sappy moron if he doesnt use the available franchise tag on clements unless someone can think of a free agent that will be more valueable in the offseason.

These are all the scenarios i could come up with. Please let me know if im missing anything.

You have to use every tool at your disposal to win in the NFL and you can't care if you hurt someone's feelings. And Levy would be a sappy moron if he doesnt use the available franchise tag on clements unless someone can think of a free agent that will be more valueable in the offseason.

856464[/snapback]

Didn't we "promise" him that he would not be tagged?

Marv being a man of principles will not go back on his word.

856464[/snapback]

After three weeks of watching the Bills literally getting run over up the middle by opposing runningbacks, I really don't care much about where Clements will be next season. We're in desperate need a player that can stuff the middle.

After three weeks of watching the Bills literally getting run over up the middle by opposing runningbacks, I really don't care much about where Clements will be next season. We're in desperate  need a player that can stuff the middle.

856472[/snapback]

But the two aren't mutually exclusive, are they?

This is what i mean about him being a sappy moron.

If Marv can't make this tough decision, then he has no business being an NFL gm.

I think what you say makes sense and it is the primary rreason that

im very skeptical of marv as a gm. making a promise like that is just like a police officer promising a victim's family member that you will find the person who did this. You can't make that promise and if you do, then you have ot realize you made a mistake and franchise him anyways.

You don't win in the NFL unless you are a cold hearted SOB like bellichek.

And Marv just doesn't measure up.

Didn't we "promise" him that he would not be tagged?

Marv being a man of principles will not go back on his word.

856468[/snapback]

But the two aren't mutually exclusive, are they?

856473[/snapback]

Maybe if we had a lousy corner teams would start throwing the ball instead of running it. I really don't care about Clements today when there's a hole the size of a Mack truck in the middle of our defense.

If that is the case then i think you should franchise him anyways, trade him for a draft pick and make his outrageous demands another team's problem. But just letting a valueable assett like that just walk away would really tell me that this team isn't serious about winning. You can't just give up value like that. These are the kind of moves that kill GMs.

I voted for No they let him walk.

I would like for him to stay but I can't see us paying him the money.

856486[/snapback]

I have been very critical of Clements over the years and very often think he is overrated. That said, he has been a monster the last four games or so and has been making play after play. If he keeps it up I would pay a lot for him. There is always the chance, however, that the big money contract will make him play hard but not like a man possessed, which is how he is playing now. It's impossible to gauge, however.

I also think that, contrary to popular belief, Nate isn't "all about me" and I think he likes playing in Buffalo. I don't think he has ruled out returning.

I'd like to nominate 1billsfan for 'Tard of the week'.

Talk about being short sighted.

We would have gotten annihilated yesterday without the strong corner play clements offered.

What a thankless position he plays.

I promise you'll notice the difference he makes if we don't resign him next year.

Maybe if we had a lousy corner teams would start throwing the ball instead of running it. I really don't care about Clements today when there's a hole the size of a Mack truck in the middle of our defense.

856485[/snapback]

You don't let proven talent leave that are still in their prime & still with upside. Marv's an idiot if he doesn't do everything in his power to keep Nate ... including reneging on the stupid promise he gave him to get him into training camp on time. :D

After three weeks of watching the Bills literally getting run over up the middle by opposing runningbacks, I really don't care much about where Clements will be next season. We're in desperate  need a player that can stuff the middle.

856472[/snapback]

And then next offseason can we look forward to your post saying that over the past 12 weeks you are sick of seeing the Bills get torched for long TD passes...and we're in desparate need of a CB that can cover WRs?

:D