Ready for all the "We should have drafted Cutler!"

sven233

I don't think the Bills should have drafted Cutler, we weren't in the right situation to draft a quarterback and taking one would make absolutely no sense.

That being said, I do think that Cutler is going to be one hell of a quarterback, and it's not based on what he did last night, yes he did struggle but first game so don't be too quick to judge.

I think Cutler is the quarterback for Denver and regardless of what's going on with him, Losman is our quarterback and he's going to be great as well.

857037[/snapback]

Agreed. I think Cutler will be a very good QB in the league. But he is not what the Bills needed last year (some may argue, including me, that Whitner was not what we needed last year either), but we are where we are. We are getting better as a team, but we do need more talent.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Holcomb was starting we' d make it to the playoffs. (I don't care how much weight he's gained or how old he is 66.7% > JP's 63% accuracy, Holcomb+Moulds=Success....wait a minute)

If we had drafted Cutler we'd win our division (don't let his performance fool you, he's intentionally playing poorly, everyone knows that if you start out really bad for your first game and play great afterwards you'll be heralded as the next Montana)

If we had drafted Leinart we'd win the superbowl (don't tell me that the conditions of Arizona and Buffalo are different, this is America, we are one country, with one weather condition, period)

If Nall was starting...who the hell am I kidding, he's #3 on the chart for a reason, and he left Green Bay b/c he would never get to play and then Farve leaves a game and Rodgers goes on IR. what a sap!

We need to draft Brady Quinn  :blush:

856963[/snapback]

Add to it:

If we had traded for Tony Romo, we would have been in the superbowl this year.

Deluca is the French term for "Wilted Flower."

Funny how he only appears when the Bills lose and he can rip on Losman. We need more Bills fans like him.

Viva DeLuca :doh:

856407[/snapback]

I've been here all week.

Loseman's three turnovers cost the Bills the game. I guess that doesn't matter to "Bills fans like you".

If you're happy to waste another year or two in the hopes that Loseman can raise his game to average. Go ahead. The owner is old and on his way out and the NFL wants every team in the league to have a new stadium. So excuse me if "Bills fans like me" want the Bills to win a Super Bowl before they move and don't want to waste anymore time on a QB who may someday grow up to be average. :blink:

I've been here all week.

Loseman's three turnovers cost the Bills the game. I guess that doesn't matter to "Bills fans like you".

If you're happy to waste another year or two in the hopes that Loseman can raise his game to average.  Go ahead. The owner is old and on his way out and the NFL wants every team in the league to have a new stadium. So excuse me if "Bills fans like me" want the Bills to win a Super Bowl before they move and don't want to waste anymore time on a QB who may someday grow up to be average. :doh:

857410[/snapback]

OK. So, if Losman is not the guy, who is? You can't just come in here saying that Losman is terrible, that he is not the future, that he will never get the job done, and not have a plan.

So, you must KNOW who will turn the franchise around. So, who is it? You have to have a plan if you are saying Losman is not the guy. This team, after a couple of key pickups in the offseason (if they do pick up some talent) WILL be a playoff team next season with Losman as QB. They are on pace for where I thought they would be this season......8-8. Give or take a game, this will be a successful season and will put this team in a great mindset heading into next season.

If your plan does not include a playoff birth next year, an old QB, or a new project, then your plan is crap. Who are you going to bring in that is better than Losman and that will be our QB of the future (the next 5-8 years)? We don't need any short term solutions.

I've been here all week.

If you're happy to waste another year or two in the hopes that Loseman can raise his game to average.  Go ahead. The owner is old and on his way out and the NFL wants every team in the league to have a new stadium. So excuse me if "Bills fans like me" want the Bills to win a Super Bowl before they move and don't want to waste anymore time on a QB who may someday grow up to be average. :blink:

857410[/snapback]

Oh....I get it.....JP has a bad day and he will never make it to average? I'll let you in on a little secret.....There were not 12 QBs with better performances than JPs this week.....and that is with JP having a 'bad' day.

The truth is that there are not many good QBs left in this league....and every week some of the good ones will have bad days. There is a bunch of potentially good young ones.....but legitimate 'good' or 'great' QBs???? Not many at all.

McNair(last legs)

Palmer

Rivers(is he really this good?)

Brady

Vick(????)

P.Manning

Bulger(?)

Brees

Favre(last legs)

Green(or KC QB)

Roethlisburger(????)

Romo(?)

Hasslebeck

Delhomme(?)

McNabb(out for season)

The fact that once JP was 'cut lose' he has had 2 come from behind victories & a third late TD drive shows him minimally in the 'average' bracket.

....but there is really no point in responding to you is there? :doh:

OK.  So, if Losman is not the guy, who is?  You can't just come in here saying that Losman is terrible, that he is not the future, that he will never get the job done, and not have a plan.

857468[/snapback]

He can and does. It's tiresome, but he doesn't care. It's the crusade, love it or leave it, baby.

His plan = give the ball to another QB who will struggle and whose head he would be calling for in another year.

Talk about finding comfort in misery and vice versa.

Cutler is the greatest!!!!!  Just lead his first 4th quarter comeback in his FIRST GAME!!!!!  HE IS THE GREATEST!  HE HAS "IT!"

I know.  He threw a 7 yard pass and the WR broke a gazillion tackles.  But you know people are going to say he is already better than Losman.

Fast is, he has been awful tonight, but if Denver ends up winning this game, get ready for all the "See........I told you we should have drafted Cutler" threads!  He has "IT!"

856227[/snapback]

But some idiots won't tell you he's still a rookie. Much like JP. It's going to take time for Denver to enjoy that selection. Their offensive problems can't be blamed solely on Plummer either but I'm sure their forums are filled with similar geniuses too.

:doh:

But some idiots won't tell you he's still a rookie.  Much like JP.  It's going to take time for Denver to enjoy that selection.  Their offensive problems can't be blamed solely on Plummer either but I'm sure their forums are filled with similar geniuses too. 

:doh:

857574[/snapback]

It will take some time for Denver fans to enjoy this selection. But, I do think that he will be a good QB in the future. And, I also agree that all of Denver's problems can't be put on the QB, but that is how the average fan thinks.

I mean, look at people on this board and other boards. There are a lot of people who say it is JP's fault when we lose and then give him too much credit when we win. It is somewhere in the middle, but the QB is the MOST WATCHED person on the team, so I guess it is to be expected.

The fact is, Losman is improving and Cutler will improve as well. I think they both will be very good QBs in this league.

OK.  So, if Losman is not the guy, who is?  You can't just come in here saying that Losman is terrible, that he is not the future, that he will never get the job done, and not have a plan.

So, you must KNOW who will turn the franchise around.  So, who is it?  You have to have a plan if you are saying Losman is not the guy.  This team, after a couple of key pickups in the offseason (if they do pick up some talent) WILL be a playoff team next season with Losman as QB.  They are on pace for where I thought they would be this season......8-8.  Give or take a game, this will be a successful season and will put this team in a great mindset heading into next season.

If your plan does not include a playoff birth next year, an old QB, or a new project, then your plan is crap.  Who are you going to bring in that is better than Losman and that will be our QB of the future (the next 5-8 years)?  We don't need any short term solutions.

857468[/snapback]

Your playoff dreams are just that, dreams.

As far as QB's? Plummer to start until Quinn is ready to go. It worked out well for Denver with Plummer and Cutler. Plummer would be an upgrade right away and then you have Quinn ready down the road when this team gets serious about making a push.

Problem solved.

Oh....I get it.....JP has a bad day and he will never make it to average?  I'll let you in on a little secret.....There were not 12 QBs with better performances than JPs this week.....and that is with JP having a 'bad' day.

The truth is that there are not many good QBs left in this league....and every week some of the good ones will have bad days.  There is a bunch of potentially good young ones.....but legitimate 'good' or 'great' QBs????  Not many at all.

McNair(last legs)

Palmer

Rivers(is he really this good?)

Brady

Vick(????)

P.Manning

Bulger(?)

Brees

Favre(last legs)

Green(or KC QB)

Roethlisburger(????)

Romo(?)

Hasslebeck

Delhomme(?)

McNabb(out for season)

The fact that once JP was 'cut lose' he has had 2 come from behind victories & a third late TD drive shows him minimally in the 'average' bracket.

....but there is really no point in responding to you is there?  :)

857531[/snapback]

Each QB you listed is better than Loseman. QB's do have bad games. You have to balance them against the good games. Most of those QB's have had far more "good" games than bad. Loseman has had over 20 starts. Not more than a handfull could be considered "good" games. Last week he had three turnovers. But I guess you would file that under his "good" games.

But you continue to run to the stats after every game and hope that there are QB's that played worse the Loseman. Go ahead. I understood a long time ago that it's what you need to trick yourself into thinking Loseman has a future.

And about Loseman's comebacks? The first was needed after Loseman through an INT for a TD that a highschool QB wouldn't throw. And the two "completions" that you are going to hold to so tightly were poorly thrown balls that the wide receivers made great catches on.

If you are willing to hang on to a hope to be average QB go ahead. The Bills time in Buffalo is running out. Who knows how many seasons of NFL football we have left. It's time for the franchise to start taking big steps towards the ultimate goal. This season has been just another bad season in a string of bad seasons. :)

Each QB you listed is better than Loseman......

859170[/snapback]

That's exactly right....the list was a list of the 'good' or 'great' QBs in the league.

Your point was that JP is well below 'average' & won't be 'average' for another two years.

My point is.....

There are only around 12 good or better QBs in the league.

JP is in the 'average' catagory now.....& improving.

Like it or not, JP is getting the job done as well or better than around 19 of the other 31 QBs in the league.

He has a decent QBR.

He has 2 come from behind victories

He has a 5-7 record as a starter......there are only 13 teams 2 games or more ahead of us.....not surprisingly, 10 of those QBs who are 'good' or better have teams in that 13.

I am not saying JP will progress to the 'good' catagory.

I am saying you are definitely wrong to view him as below average.

The average is quite low in the NFL at the moment & JP fits right into the middle of it.

Your playoff dreams are just that, dreams.

As far as QB's? Plummer to start until Quinn is ready to go. It worked out well for Denver with Plummer and Cutler. Plummer would be an upgrade right away and then you have Quinn ready down the road when this team gets serious about making a push.

Problem solved.

859159[/snapback]

Plummer an upgrade? :) I want some of what your drinking! :)

Based on what , your opinion?????

859309[/snapback]

How about common sense? How about an area that can't keep businesses, parks and hospitals open. An area that sees the population shrinking and the unemployment numbers rising can't afford an NFL franchise.

From what I have been hearing is that the NFL wants all of it's teams to have new updated stadiums. Ralph isn't going to make that investment. There are ZERO public dollars available for a new stadium.

And yes Dan. You should feel smarter after reading my posts. It means you are learning something. :)

How about common sense? How about an area that can't keep businesses, parks and hospitals open. An area that sees the population shrinking and the unemployment numbers rising can't afford an NFL franchise.

From what I have been hearing is that the NFL wants all of it's teams to have new  updated stadiums. Ralph isn't going to make that investment. There are ZERO public dollars available for a new stadium.

And yes Dan. You should feel smarter after reading my posts. It means you are learning something. :blink:

860023[/snapback]

DeLuca, you're awesome. You know so much about football it makes me want to put you in place of Tony Kornheiser on the ESPN broadcasts. I bow to your superior football intellect, and your ability to spend so much of your free time posting about how you'd make a better GM than most of the current employees in the NFL.

Come back with some of your snappy wit. I will stay awake waiting for your response.

Oh, BTW, JP sucks. Draft Quinn!

:)