The Refs--AGAIN!!!

richNjoisy

Nuts and bolts......we got SCREWED!  ^_^

I'm still fuming.

BTW.....my fellow season ticket holder brought her Dad to the game with us today. Before the game started he saw two of the refs over at the Charger sideline and a couple of Charger coaches and Chargers players gave them a hug. Wonder what that was all about.

0:)  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, !@#$ you Merriman.....you steroid-using, unsportsmanlike-conducting !@#$.  :thumbsup:

856051[/snapback]

HOLY CRAP!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no anti-buffalo conspiracy. There were bad calls, and they all seemed to go against us this game. I did see the game, with Tivo to review the plays in question:

1) Hargrove recovered. I blame Dick for not challenging us. It cost us 7 points as the field position game let them get a short field touchdown before half on their next posession.

2) Price was forced out and should have been ruled that. His toe was in and he heel was out, which I guess means out (new rule to me), but he was pushed more than four inches worth.

3) Cleary interference on the 3rd down play in the 3rd quarter.

JP was not ruled down on the completion / sack. He was ruled in the grasp. Bad call in my judgement, but he was being grasped and the whistle blew. Had nothing to do with him actually being down.

All of this could have been made up if they had somehow blown the onside kick call and missed the ball being touched (but I'm sure a review would have fixed that anyway), or if any other significant call went in our favor, but when you lose a tough one with all the calls coming up tails for you it is very frustrating.

Also on the first half PI not called, there was a ball that they said might have been uncatchable and that was why no flag. It was definitely catchable, and should have been a flag. And the impact is deeper than the individual plays. If the dbs are being flagged, they get more apprehensive and back off a little creating more space.

For once I actually got to see a Bills game. :D and the officiating was just horrible, I still can't figure out how the hell that first sack on JP was a Sack. JPs knee was not down, and the ball was caught, yes Merriman had ahold of JP, but I've seen Brady, Farve, McNabb, hell even Bledsoe in the same situation, where they get the ball out and it wasn't a sack.

The catch by price which was ruled out of bounds was another bad call. Price was pushed.

the no call PI was rediculas, as were some other calls.

as for the fumble non-recovery in the first half, I think they wanted to challenge but were told it was non-reviewable, which I noticed a couple of plays by the Bills were "non reviewable"

I was at a sports bar with a bunch of games going at once, the volume down on our game. There was a Chargers fan, and he agreed with your assessment on just about every call. It was puzzling. Hochuli looked frozen with fear out there.

The worst call, to me, was the one where they called Losman down on that great toss to Cieslak. Great play, great throw, great catch. First down, momentum lost on a really bad call. It was 10-0 at the time, who knows what would have happened had they made the right call. I'm pretty sure the game would not have been 17-0 at the half, though.

Peerless's catch was a catch, but they ended up scoring a couple minutes later anyway.

The better team won. LT was great. At the end of the half, his average was higher than Willis's total.

I was at a sports bar with a bunch of games going at once, the volume down on our game.  There was a Chargers fan, and he agreed with your assessment on just about every call.  It was puzzling.  Hochuli looked frozen with fear out there. 

The worst call, to me, was the one where they called Losman down on that great toss to Cieslak.  Great play, great throw, great catch.  First down, momentum lost on a really bad call.  It was 10-0 at the time, who knows what would have happened had they made the right call.  I'm pretty sure the game would not have been 17-0 at the half, though.

Peerless's catch was a catch, but they ended up scoring a couple minutes later anyway. 

The better team won.  LT was great.  At the end of the half, his average was higher than Willis's total.

856268[/snapback]

My bad. They punted after the bad call on the Peerless catch. It was a difference maker. I couldn't keep up with all the horrible calls.

The bottom line is this, whether it is intentional or just psychological it happens every year.

There's no such thing as a "home job", instead it's a "have job" in the NFL (& NBA, I don't follow hockey, so I can't say whether it's the same in the NHL).

By this time of year the haves & have nots are established.

The "haves" get the breaks. It's been that way for years.

For whatever reason, awe of superstars, unintentionally expecting the better team to actually be better, or just plain incompetence, the refs give the breaks to the team they EXPECT to win.

As a result, the team that is expected to win gets the breaks from the refs.

It may just be as simple as they are fans of the game and get carried away admiring the good teams.

A more sinister thought would be they want to prop up the best teams so that they are more interesting come playoff time. Two 14-2 teams meeting for the AFC championship, might appear to be better than two 11-5 teams. I don't believe that, but a conspiracy nut easily could.

Think about it, we seldom have had games to remember as poorly officiated, years later, when we were an elite team. We seem to get screwed when the team is perceived as mediocre or worse and the other team is better or has a popular player loved by all (officials?).

When we get good again, the refs will be on our side-right now with our current non playoff string, we'll be playing against more than 11 guys when an elite team is our opponent.

That is mostly what im talking about. Almost like the refs were trying to stick to the bills just cause they could. That one PI near the end on whoever was playing evans was so obvious it made me think that ed hoculey was on the take or something. Its hard to beat both chargers and refs in one day.

855759[/snapback]

It was Hochuli.

Every one seemed to hit a majority of the plays that were terrible...I saw the Chargers LT hold Schobel on at least 2 occassions on LT runs that were not called.

When SD was driving in the 4th, the fans were going nuts, the play clock expired and Hoculi stopped the clock said oops...there was no foul on the play and gave them 10 secs on the play clock...my gf's unlce, a giants fan, even said that the Bills got hosed big time by the officials...he was telling everyone calling him with giants vs cowgirls updates....he said it was some of the worst officiating he's ever seen...

what is ironic is that we were talking in the stands, at the beginning of the game, we were lucky we had Hoculi officiating as he is a god ref...opinions definately changed quickly...it was just pathetic...

I am not into the black helio thing in all... Well, maybe... :D:beer: But why is it so easy to dismiss that the NFL is quietly trying to "job" the Bills?

The have an old school owner that is ready to croak... What better way to disenfranchise the fans and move the team to a cherry location. You already hear the bitchinig here that the fans "aren't" supporting the team... Heck, it is almost dead of winter and only a few k tix aren't sold in the upper corners of the upper deck... After a run of numerous sellouts... Get real people... Look at Rock's history for today... Now this day in 1977 was BAD, 22k fans... :nana::lol:

Now this (the refs) might not be a "grand scheme"... Yet, you have to say that the Bills get very few benefits of doubt when it comes to calls.

How do you explain chronically bad officiated games for the Bills? Wow, they must be on a string of really bad luck... :beer::doh:

Ed COCKUBREATH should be fired for the way his staff called that game. Total disgrace.

I don't mind as much when we lose as long as its our own fault. But when the game is taken from you by the zebra clown side show it is horrible.

I've seen a lot of "non-calls" all season long. I'm guessing the officials have been told to keep the games going so they don't run over and mess up the tv folks.

856719[/snapback]

Except for did you watch the Giants-Dallas game? Probably the biggest game of the week in terms of national exposure, big-market teams and the zebras couldn't keep the flags in their pockets for all of 5 seconds.

It's the wild inconsistencies that are the problem. If the DAL-NY crew was calling the Bills game things might've been entirely different (not necessarily to the benefit of the Bills). And that's a huge problem. It means there is no transparency among officiating crews. Whatever their agenda, they are impacting games. Perhaps that's inevitable. But it's a complete drag.

Not to mention the PI calls that were ignored, in crucial situations.

855622[/snapback]

The only PI call I thought they missed was the one on Reed in the 4th quarter and supposedly, the ball was tipped on the way and once that happens, there is no such thing as pass interference. Anything goes once the ball has been tipped. I have no idea if it really was tipped as I was at the game and couldn't check replays carefully. If that was the case then the referees got that call right. Does anyone know if that ball was tipped?

Did Buffalo review... Again, I wasn't watching...

Or was it a Buffalo coaching cluster-eff?

:blush:

855598[/snapback]

That one was on our coaches, they did not ask for a review. On replay it looked like Hargrove had it between his legs and then a Charger jumped in there and grabbed so that they both had their hands on it. I can understand why they called it the way they did if they didn't see Hargrove in the pile with the ball in his sole possession for a second or two before the Charger jumped in and created the "simultaneous possession" problem. Offense wins ties is nothing new, that rule is as old as the hills. It was a hard thing to see but if we has asked for the review, the tape did show Hargrove alone with the ball for short time so we might have won that one. Can't if you don't toss the hanky though.

Except for did you watch the Giants-Dallas game?  Probably the biggest game of the week in terms of national exposure, big-market teams and the zebras couldn't keep the flags in their pockets for all of 5 seconds.

It's the wild inconsistencies that are the problem.  If the DAL-NY crew was calling the Bills game things might've been entirely different (not necessarily to the benefit of the Bills).  And that's a huge problem.  It means there is no transparency among officiating crews.  Whatever their agenda, they are impacting games.  Perhaps that's inevitable.  But it's a complete drag.

857002[/snapback]

I saw about 5 minutes of NYG - DAL. The Giants looked like a bunch of red polyps with those jerseys. :blush:

Yes - a lot of inconsistency. In the same game, it's not unusual to see a receiver get his teeth pulled out, but no flag. And then later, a pinky-finger tap draws flags from 2 or 3 officials.