Losman is half Mexican?

The Big Cat

I just read JP's entry on Wikipedia and was fascinated to find out that he was half Mexican.  In all honesty, the only nationality I ever assumed was that shared by Robert Zimmerman and Adam Sandler... 

Is there a precedent of ANY kind of Mexican quarterback in the NFL?

Ole, JP!  Y en este domingo, vaya con dios!

853958[/snapback]

Not that I'm the most politically correct person in the world I think that the point should be made Hispanic does not always equal Mexican. The southwest of the US was originally settled by the Spanish (thus places named Los Angeles and San Diego). I'm an ardent supporter of a very restrictive immigration policy but we should not lose sight of the fact that there are a substantial number of people of Hispanic decent that are just as American (and maybe more so) than us. Just for the record I am of English/German origin so I am not grinding any axes here.

Tom Flores tossed 93 TD passes in his career-

JP's father Greg is a white guy and an exceptional athlete- MLB quality. His mom is Mexican and American Indian, and proud for every reason about both. That makes JP an All-American.

Not to mention that he's the first Bill's presumed starting QB in over 20 years to fully embrace the community from the onset and hope to make the town his own. I love JK, but we all know he had to warm up to Buffalo over time. JP has gotten into the town, bought a home in the downtown area, and publicly considered investment in the area near Children's Hospital. Forget the field- this kid is the real deal off it and no one should be confused. As with all Bill's QB's, I hope he matures into a historic Field General. At the same time I'm absolutely proud that the man starting at QB in our offense is clearly a huge asset to our community.

I just read JP's entry on Wikipedia and was fascinated to find out that he was half Mexican.  In all honesty, the only nationality I ever assumed was that shared by Robert Zimmerman and Adam Sandler... 

853958[/snapback]

Of coarse thats why he has such a good work ethic

853958[/snapback]

JOE KAPP

853958[/snapback]

Jeff garcia??? not sure.

Sorry!  I never bothered to pay attention to the man's nationality!!  I always just assumed he was Jewish!

peep the longevity of my TSW membership, then you'll know "where I've been!"  :thumbdown:

854182[/snapback]

Is Judaism a nationality? I thought Losman was 100% American (as well as Adam Sandler and Bob Dylan).

Is Judaism a nationality?  I thought Losman was 100% American (as well as Adam Sandler and Bob Dylan).

854381[/snapback]

Yes, Judaism IS a nationality. Nationality doesn't neccesitate statehood, it embodies common traditions, beliefts, language, and in some cases (Judaism not withheld)- similarities in physical traits.

Yes, Judaism IS a nationality.  Nationality doesn't  neccesitate statehood, it embodies common traditions, beliefts, language, and in some cases (Judaism not withheld)- similarities in physical traits.

854384[/snapback]

Well, you seem vociferous enought that you must be knowledgable, so what nationality are Russian Jews, Polish Jews, German Jews, etc.?

Aren't you confusing religion - and possibly ethnicity as well, from your mention of physical traits - with nationality? Are Ashkenazi Jews a different nationality than, say, Sephardic Jews? (They have different physical traits and languages.) Is Christianity a nationality as well?

Just wonderin'.

(And, BTW, the question was rhetorical - of course Ashkenzi Jews and Sephardic Jews are of different nationalities - because Judaism is not a nationality!)

853958[/snapback]

Jim Plunkett. Tom Flores.

Couldn't agree more. Hard not to root for the guy.

Forget the field- this kid is the real deal off it and no one should be confused. As with all Bill's QB's, I hope he matures into a historic Field General. At the same time I'm absolutely proud that the man starting at QB in our offense is clearly a huge asset to our community.

854253[/snapback]