Phillip Rivers never played a game in snow!

'The high is forecasted at 35 degrees with a 40 percent chance of snow. While that could be worse for upstate New York this time of year, it's also a far cry from San Diego. Rivers, an Alabama native who played his college ball at North Carolina State, has never before played a game in snow.'

What we need is a good old-fashioned Buffalo white-out starting around the 2nd quarter. Throw in winds 30+. And everyone needs to get as LOUD AS HELL! Welcome to Buffalo, Phil.

PTR

'The high is forecasted at 35 degrees with a 40 percent chance of snow. While that could be worse for upstate New York this time of year, it's also a far cry from San Diego. Rivers, an Alabama native who played his college ball at North Carolina State, has never before played a game in snow.'

What we need is a good old-fashioned Buffalo white-out starting around the 2nd quarter.  Throw in winds 30+.  And everyone needs to get as LOUD AS HELL!  Welcome to Buffalo, Phil.

PTR

853772[/snapback]

Christmas come early?

I would love a blizzard. I would want it to start about halfway through the first and accumulate quickly. I know i'll be drunk so the decipal output level will increase by about 30-50%

Bad elements favor the underdog, but don't always make a huge difference.

If footing gets sloppy that would reduce the value of a quick back and increase the value of a pounding back, but I don't see the artificial turf getting sloppy enough for LT to have any disadvantage.

That said, the worse the weather is the better it is from the Bills. In perfect conditions without the ball bouncing our way, the Chargers are clearly a better team. Anything that gets in the way, whether a specific game plan (like against Indy) or bad weather, will help us. A tough passing environment will be hard for JP and Rivers, and makes it easier for us to stack the box against LT.

Bad weather would tend to lead to a lower scoring game where one special teams break or turnover could change the game, which isn't the case on a sunny game where LT is getting into the end zone five times.

So it won't necessarily make a huge difference, but I think Bills fans should root for the bad weather and San Diego would definitely prefer 72 and sunny and weather not being a factor at all [author looks out his window in San Diego].

Now thats a good woman right there in that picture. Hopefully dinner was put in the oven before she went outside to shovel.

853828[/snapback]

:D:lol::lol:

I'll take three!

Bad weather would tend to lead to a lower scoring game where one special teams break or turnover could change the game, which isn't the case on a sunny game where LT is getting into the end zone five times.

853831[/snapback]

Snow in paticular tends to favor wr's over db's as it's much easier to run foward on a snowy surface then it is to change direction and speeds backpeddling. A Snow game is a perfect time to air it out. Rain and Wind Is a better time to run the ball. As far as bad weather generally meaning low scoring thats somewhat true although It could turn into another dolphins/bills game circa 2002.

P.S: Almost forgot the biggest question that you mention special teams if it's a snow game Will Roscoe Parrish take the field? :D

Snow in paticular tends to favor wr's over db's as it's much easier to run foward on a snowy surface then it is to change direction and speeds backpeddling.  A Snow game is a perfect time to air it out.  Rain and Wind Is a better time to run the ball.  As far as bad weather generally meaning low scoring thats somewhat true although It could turn into another dolphins/bills game circa 2002.

P.S: Almost forgot the biggest question that you mention special teams if it's a snow game Will Roscoe Parrish take the field?  :D

853839[/snapback]

The Roscoe comment was pretty good! :lol: Wonder if he's lived that one down yet?

Qualifier on "air it out" - I can see the short and intermediate stuff (it gags me to reference Marcia, but he doesn't seem to slow down through the air in a similar environment), but the long balls move around a lot upon landing.

Now that I think of it, the two big Evans bombs in Houston were really high, you know? Especially that first one. Homey don't wanna try THAT crap on Sunday. It'll end up in the press box if we're lucky.

Bad elements favor the underdog, but don't always make a huge difference.

If footing gets sloppy that would reduce the value of a quick back and increase the value of a pounding back, but I don't see the artificial turf getting sloppy enough for LT to have any disadvantage.

That said, the worse the weather is the better it is from the Bills.  In perfect conditions without the ball bouncing our way, the Chargers are clearly a better team.  Anything that gets in the way, whether a specific game plan (like against Indy) or bad weather, will help us.  A tough passing environment will be hard for JP and Rivers, and makes it easier for us to stack the box against LT.

So it won't necessarily make a huge difference, but I think Bills fans should root for the bad weather and San Diego would definitely prefer 72 and sunny and weather not being a factor at all [author looks out his window in San Diego].

853831[/snapback]

it probably is naive of me, but i am counting on the PASSION of the fans and players to keep it close enough that a lucky break swings it our way...is that so wrong?

Snow in paticular tends to favor wr's over db's as it's much easier to run foward on a snowy surface then it is to change direction and speeds backpeddling.  A Snow game is a perfect time to air it out.  Rain and Wind Is a better time to run the ball.  As far as bad weather generally meaning low scoring thats somewhat true although It could turn into another dolphins/bills game circa 2002.

P.S: Almost forgot the biggest question that you mention special teams if it's a snow game Will Roscoe Parrish take the field?  :thumbdown:

853839[/snapback]

But can Rivers throw the ball in swirling winds ?