Tix for sunday's game

rolly

Just curious. To those who have bought scalped tickets prior to a game, what's the lowest you've spent and how soon did you get them before kickoff?

I'm tailgating sunday and would like to go in the game if I can get a deal. (college budget)

Thanks in advance.

I paid $50 for a pair to Jacksonville-33 rows up at the 30 yard line....heres what you do.

first, DO NOT EVER EVER BUY FROM A SCALPER....at least not yet

second, Go up the main walkway between the parking lots about 30 mins before kickoff-sometimes on the parking lot side sometimes just passed the road. look for an INDIVIDUAL who is selling tickets. You can spot them a mile away....make sure you have a stadium seating chart with you to make sure the seats are ok....most of the time they are selling them for their buddy and will take what ever they can get for them....offer $40 a pair....if they say no, say ok, sorry, I just don't want to spend that much and walk away to the other side of the road to get a better deal. Have patience and faith and you WILL find someone who will give you what you want. Sometimes you may have to cross the street a time or two or even walk a little by the stadium and look the that same guy who is just trying to get rid of them. If all else fails, wait 5 mins before kickoff and the scalpers will be fighting over you....do not pay more then $50 pr. You can do it. Keep telling yourself that when they try to get more $ out of you...The key is finding the individual to buy from. If your parking in the lots keep your ears open...an individual may be walking by trying to sell them...hell, just for your confidence, ask a scalper and when they say $50 a ticket tell them nooo, thats too much...it will make you feel good. If you have a buddy with you play good cop/bad cop. You ask how much and when they tell you have your buddy say...no lets go dude we can do better than that....shake your head, say allright, and walk away....

Good Luck...let me know what you get them at....you can always go up in your offer...if they look drunk offer $30 for the pair and tell them that will by you 4-5 beers in there....they just might go for it.

YOU CAN DO IT!! Good luck my apprentice.....

PS...if your a San Diego fan then pay double the face and be happy about it.

Edited by THE TOMCAT

I paid $50 for a pair to Jacksonville-33 rows up at the 30 yard line....heres what you do.

second, Go up the main walkway between the parking lots about 30 mins before kickoff-sometimes on the parking lot side sometimes just passed the road.  look for an INDIVIDUAL who is selling tickets.  You can spot them a mile away....make sure you have a stadium seating chart with you to make sure the seats are ok....most of the time they are selling them for their buddy and will take what ever they can get for them....offer $40 a pair....if they say no, say ok, sorry, I just don't want to spend that much and walk away to the other side of the road to get a better deal.  Have patience and faith and you WILL find someone who will give you what you want.  Sometimes you may have to cross the street a time or two or even walk a little by the stadium and look the that same guy who is just trying to get rid of them. If all else fails, wait 5 mins before kickoff and the scalpers will be fighting over you....do not pay more then $50 pr.  You can do it.  Keep telling yourself that when they try to get more $ out of you...The key is finding the individual to buy from.  If your parking in the lots keep your ears open...an individual may be walking by trying to sell them...hell, just for your confidence,  ask a scalper and when they say $50 a ticket tell them nooo, thats too much...it will make you feel good.  If you have a buddy with you play good cop/bad cop.  You ask how much and when they tell you have your buddy say...no lets go dude we can do better than that....shake your head, say allright, and walk away....

Good Luck...let me know what you get them at....you can always go up in your offer...if they look drunk offer $30 for the pair and tell them that will by you 4-5 beers in there....they just might go for it.

YOU CAN DO IT!!  Good luck my apprentice.....

853133[/snapback]

do you use this same technique for negotiating at the Sundowner?

Just curious. To those who have bought scalped tickets prior to a game, what's the lowest you've spent and how soon did you get them before kickoff?

I'm tailgating sunday and would like to go in the game if I can get a deal. (college budget)

Thanks in advance.

853118[/snapback]

$40 for a pair of tix in the McGuire club for the Cinncy game before we signed Takeo

I always wondered what up with the guy hold the "Tickets wanted" sign and 5 feet from him is a guy selling tickets. Why don't they just sell to each other?

:) 

yeah my scalper knowledge does not exist.

853254[/snapback]

we stopped once, while driving into the stadium...pulled up to them and said..look next to you...He has tix...he was not amused..

thanksgiving weekend about 5 years ago we were playing the dolphins and I bought a pair of tickets 5 minutes after kickoff from a scalper for $30 (it was rainy and we sucked and there were lots of tickets). Get inside and we realize the tickets were about 10 rows apart (my bad, you always have to check this). I say f it, leave the stadium and go buy another pair of (decent) seats for $20.

As I'm buying the seats, I tell the guy I'm buying from about what just happened to me. And he says (without missing a beat) "Did you buy them from a (um, lets say .."scalper") and I didn't say anything and he says "I knew it...you can't buy from the "scalpers"...i gave him my $20, took my 2 tickets and walked into the stadium laughing at the whole situation on several different levels...

thanksgiving weekend about 5 years ago we were playing the dolphins and I bought a pair of tickets 5 minutes after kickoff from a scalper for $30 (it was rainy and we sucked and there were lots of tickets). Get inside and we realize the tickets were about 10 rows apart (my bad, you always have to check this).  I say f it, leave the stadium and go buy another pair of (decent) seats for $20.

As I'm buying the seats, I tell the guy I'm buying from about what just happened to me. And he says (without missing a beat) "Did you buy them from a (um, lets say .."scalper") and I didn't say anything and he says "I knew it...you can't buy from the "scalpers"...i gave him my $20, took my 2 tickets and walked into the stadium laughing at the whole situation on several different levels...

853297[/snapback]

Are you sure he didn't say "Scalggers"?

Oh no I dinent!!!!!!

I always wondered what up with the guy hold the "Tickets wanted" sign and 5 feet from him is a guy selling tickets. Why don't they just sell to each other?

:) 

yeah my scalper knowledge does not exist.

853254[/snapback]

The guy who says "I need tix" needs tickets wellllll below face, the guy selling tix has the for face or above usually.

generally for a game like this, there will be an abundance of tickets. the closer to game time, the cheaper the tickets get. once the game goes off, the tickets are worth zero, so if you want to wait until 10 minutes before, you can buy seats for 10-15 each sometimes.

second, Go up the main walkway between the parking lots about 30 mins before kickoff-sometimes on the parking lot side sometimes just passed the road.  look for an INDIVIDUAL who is selling tickets.  You can spot them a mile away....make sure you have a stadium seating chart with you to make sure the seats are ok....most of the time they are selling them for their buddy and will take what ever they can get for them....offer $40 a pair....if they say no, say ok, sorry, I just don't want to spend that much and walk away to the other side of the road to get a better deal.  Have patience and faith and you WILL find someone who will give you what you want.  Sometimes you may have to cross the street a time or two or even walk a little by the stadium and look the that same guy who is just trying to get rid of them. If all else fails, wait 5 mins before kickoff and the scalpers will be fighting over you....do not pay more then $50 pr.  You can do it.  Keep telling yourself that when they try to get more $ out of you...The key is finding the individual to buy from.  If your parking in the lots keep your ears open...an individual may be walking by trying to sell them...hell, just for your confidence,  ask a scalper and when they say $50 a ticket tell them nooo, thats too much...it will make you feel good.  If you have a buddy with you play good cop/bad cop.  You ask how much and when they tell you have your buddy say...no lets go dude we can do better than that....shake your head, say allright, and walk away....

YOU CAN DO IT!!  Good luck my apprentice.....

853133[/snapback]

That's awesome man. Thanks for the advice. And I am most definitely not a chargers fan.

Go to the bus lots...paid as low as $5 for a ticket there...there's always some dope(s) who overslept or was out late the night before, and didn't make the trip...and the group leader is stuck with the tickets. Usually they're already paid for and the leader is glad to get rid of them.

Thanks in advance.

853118[/snapback]

week 14, 2005 season, Bills v. Pats. I was selling 4 tickets, I couldn't stay for the game. I got a guy from foxboro to take the tickets, and it only cost me $20. ah, the joys of the mularkey era... :)

Just an update:

So I tailgated last sunday and at about 12:45 went searching for tickets. First stop was the bus lots, probably talked to every soul over there, and no one remotely selling.

Me and my buddies walked around the stadium and moreso for about 45 minutes with the best deal being 300 level for face value. The scalpers were very stingy and they were the only ones selling.

Around 1:50 a couple guys hangin out in the parking lot offered me and my buddy tix for $10 bucks each- section 335 (around 30 yeard line or so.)

All in all it ended up a success (although we missed a quarter and a half).

I was very surprised by the lack of sales as well as the face value prices for the most part.

I have tix locked up for the miami game so thankfully I don't need to do a 5k around the stadium again. Thanks to all who gave me pointers.