Sit Down???

mvbillsfan

I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HAVING THE RIGHT TO STAND UP JUST CAUSE I PAID MONEY.

Like I said the more you talk the more you prove my point...

Hey keep standing for no reason because you paid your money ....guess what, so did everyone els and your rights end, where ours begin.........

And whats your point, that you paid and some how standing to make noise, scream and yell is some how more effective because you are standing the whole time....good luck winning that argument around here or at the stadium........

852397[/snapback]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?? The more you talk the more you prove my point.

You better bring more than one friend.

852389[/snapback]

WOW?! I've only been on this board for a little while but if its people like mv chiming in with sh-- like this maybe I should go...buddy you need to calm down. Standing up the whole game (or even most of the game) is not only a waste of energy, it's idiotic. I'm only 25 with no kids but the earlier poster was right man you've got to show a bit of courtesy to those shorter than you..especially children. God willing these are the people who will be buying tickets to see the bills 25 years from now when you are too rickety to stand the entire game anymore. Get over yourself you don't prove you're a die hard fan by standing the whole f'n game and ruining the experience for those behind you who very well may be at their very first bills game...And people wonder why we don't sell out recently (sabres have something to do with it). I tailgated next to a father..single parent from canada last game (jax) who was there with his 7 year old. It was their 1st football game EVER. Luckily I saw them in the parking lot after the game and they said they had a great time and I encouraged them to come back to the Ralph...needless to say, I'm glad they weren't sitting behind YOU. = D-BAG

Very rare when some one is blocking the view of a child.

Get a new job so you can afford a club seat to take your child to.

Like i did when i took my son to a raiders bills game...

I don't watch TV sorry.

You just dont get it do you, my 10 year old son, cannot see over you, or my 12 year old daughter.  So, they should be denied the oppertunity to go to a game and SEE IT because jerks as yourself think your the best fans around by standing up?  :nana:

You should take  your own idea, Get the ticket and you can stand infront of the TV all you want  Heck get a 62 inch screen so you can think your on the field. :beer:

852398[/snapback]

I never said anything about standing up the whole time.

My point was if I stand up I shouldnt be told to sit down.

WOW?! I've only been on this board for a little while but if its people like mv chiming in with sh-- like this maybe I should go...buddy you need to calm down.  Standing up the whole game (or even most of the game) is not only a waste of energy, it's idiotic.  I'm only 25 with no kids but the earlier poster was right man you've got to show a bit of courtesy to those shorter than you..especially children.  God willing these are the people who will be buying tickets to see the bills 25 years from now when you are too rickety to stand the entire game anymore.  Get over yourself you don't prove you're a die hard fan by standing the whole f'n game and ruining the experience for those behind you who very well may be at their very first bills game...And people wonder why we don't sell out  recently (sabres have something to do with it).  I tailgated next to a father..single parent from canada last game (jax) who was there with his 7 year old.  It was their 1st football game EVER.  Luckily I saw them in the parking lot after the game and they said they had a great time and I encouraged them to come back to the Ralph...needless to say, I'm glad they weren't sitting behind YOU. = D-BAG

852402[/snapback]

I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HAVING THE RIGHT TO STAND UP JUST CAUSE I PAID MONEY.

Like I said the more you talk the more you prove my point...

852399[/snapback]

No, you just said that you ignored the people behind you and did it anyway...........

Well hey then, maybe you should be more respectful to those seated behind you and sit the fu@k down so that we can enjoy the game??.....Just a thought ....

Ilove the Bills as much as anyone , but standing all freakin day isn't always the thing to do, you know what I mean???

Standing for the whole game does not make the Bills play better.......

Did you ever think that the old lady a few rows back, may really enjoy going to live football games

but not have the ability to stand all freakin day long........just a thought.....

Don't bother responding because I'm going to bed......have a nice night and GO BILLS!!!

Very rare when some one is blocking the view of a child.

Get a new job so you can afford a club seat to take your child to.

Like i did when i took my son to a raiders bills game...

I don't watch TV sorry.

852404[/snapback]

:beer: Now thats a good one. Standing up in front of a child will not block his or her view...... Next time I take my kidds, and one is sprawled half way a cross my lap to see because the person is standing up in front of him or her.....I will just simply say, to get back in the seat, because the view isnt blocked.....you know like you say.

I have been thinking now, I am 6'6''(shortest of 5 boys. The tallest is 7'2''.) I feel guilty when I have some people sitting behind me that cant see over my head and I am sitting down. I could just imagine if I and all my brothers went to a game, what type of wall we would make. I wonder how many views would be blocked. :nana:

And no one said you shouldnt be allowed to jump up from time to time, just be considerate of those around

I dont care what the others around me are thinking. I paid the same amount as them.........

852319[/snapback]

852358[/snapback]

When you go to the movies do you like some idiot talking near you? Or having his phone ring & then has a conversation? Tapping his foot on the back of your seat? Perhaps somebody stands in a movie because they want to stretch their legs? Just because you paid the same amount as everyone else does not entitle you to act in a manner that hinders the experience of others.

What would your response have been if somebody politely asked you to sit because you were causing him/his wife/mother/child/grandfather etc to miss a lot of the play? "I don't care what you think, I paid the same amount as you so I'm standing!"

It's people like you what cause unrest. :beer:

iTS A FOOTBALL GAME...

852358[/snapback]

When you go to the movies do you like some idiot talking near you? Or having his phone ring & then has a conversation? Tapping his foot on the back of your seat? Perhaps somebody stands in a movie because they want to stretch their legs? Just because you paid the same amount as everyone else does not entitle you to act in a manner that hinders the experience of others.

What would your response have been if somebody politely asked you to sit because you were causing him/his wife/mother/child/grandfather etc to miss a lot of the play? "I don't care what you think, I paid the same amount as you so I'm standing!"

It's people like you what cause unrest. :beer:

852415[/snapback]

mv, take a careful look at the responses. Do you see even one supporting you? Maybe you should reconsider your position, or at least rethink how you're approaching people in this discussion.

I can see both sides of it here. Certainly, when I got to games or concerts I want to stand and cheer, sing, dance my butt off and enjoy the event. However, you have to respect the people around you. If everyone else is sitting, then I sit (of course jumping up at appropriate times). You do this for the same reason you turn your phone off in the movies, or don't put your feet on the seat in front of you in a restaurant, or don't shout across the store at a friend; it's out of respect for the people around you. If you want to do anything you want and go nuts regardless, that's when I say stay at home. When you go out to a public event, you have to act responsibly and respectfully.

What has happened to the fans? 

I was in for the Thanksgiving weekend and went to the Jacksonville game.  I was told more than once to sit down.  I simply ignorned and sreamed louder.  If I were at an away site I could understand, but to hear that from a fan at the Ralph is SIMPLY nuts.

What's going on?? I can remember back in the day not sitting for the whole game.

Also 10,000 no shows pretty sad!!

852316[/snapback]

That tends to be the canadians who claim "Hey buddy i paid top dollar ey, not to see your head ey, but to see the game." Has happened to my brother and I more than once. One time EVERYBODY was standing when we were on D 3rd and short, and he made the comment. Unreal... :beer:

iTS A FOOTBALL GAME...

852417[/snapback]

It's the same principle though. If you don't like how 'rude' people are inconsiderate in movie cinemas, you should reevaluate your actions at a ball game. Your actions are obviously inconsiderate to those around you & you CANNOT justify it by saying "I paid for my ticket so I can do whatever I like." Others paid for their tickets & deserve to see the game they paid good money to see.

:beer:

LOL..this is funny..you have lost this battle..move on to your next one...99.9% of the fans on this board say you are the weakest link..goodbye :beer:

852427[/snapback]

I'd have to agree.

A million years ago, I had season tickets to the Los Angeles Rams when I lived out in Orange County. In my day, I was known as a "yeller" - I was loud as hell, and would get some incredulous stares in my section way the hell up in nosebleed central above the smog line. In my view, THOSE fans were a waste of skin, and it's no surprise they're in St. Louis today. In that sense, I can agree with MV in that the advantage to the team comes from being LOUD.

But standing up all day? My brothers and I have had Bills season tickets during two stints in the past 20 years, and loved the entire experience. We're not locals; it's just not economically feasible for us to head into the stadium the way we used to (for a number of reasons), so it really REALLY ruins things when we've laid out upwards of $1000 for airfares, hotel, meals and rental cars, and we find ourselves having to watch the F-ing Jumbotron because some weaving buffoon won't plant his @$$. Unlike many folks on this board, we're a vertically-challenged group, the tallest of us measuring about 5'9". What are we supposed to do? Contact Balco for steroids or something? :nana:

Be loud! Be enthusiastic! Be vocal! That's why "The 12th Man" is on the Wall - we've earned it. But remember, the Bills couldn't care less if you're standing up - they aren't looking at you! Sit the "F" down - it's not all about you.

You should be able to stand and dance at concerts, stand and cheer when your team is on defense, and stand and cheer when there is a big play. Otherwise we are living in a society that sucks. People go to the games to cheer, the fans caused two false starts in the last game alone.

You are a bad and very uptight person if you tell people at a concert or game to sit down.

mvbillsfan,Nov 29 2006, 11:19 PM  I dont care what the others around me are thinking. 

And that really says it all doesn't it mv?

You don't care whether a kid is sitting behind you and can't enjoy the game whether he stands or not.

You don't care whether your wide a__ is blocking the sight of the 3 people behind you.

You paid your money dammit and that's all that mattere. You can do whatever you want.

I expect that among other things you are a very courteous driver.

Getting crazy at a game especially a home game is the main reason to go, but, you pick your spots, and you should consider those around you.