Sit Down???

mvbillsfan

I'm all for standing and making as much noise as possible during the right moments.

There was plenty of that going on in 136. People generally stood on third downs or important situations while the Bills were on D. There weren't really any problem fans, just one kid who felt the need to direct and explain to us all just what affect our standing and yelling would have on the opposing offense  :D 

I will say that no fan should reasonably expect the civility and still of spectating a tennis match while at an NFL football game. Surprisingly, there are a fair number of those people out there and that is just wrong  :lol:

852366[/snapback]

best post so far

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills just released a new stadium section: "Standers Only"

of course, since the standers do not sit, there wil be no seats supplied. They are an extra fee. This section will be located in the last row of each section so that no view is blocked. Standers will be assigned a 18" square which is their spot. YOu are allowed to turn around if you do not exceed the boundaries of your square. Also, you are allowed to cheer at any time and have all the beer you want. If you fall down out of your square, you will be fined. (Did I mention that you will have your own urinal assigned to you in the Bills colors?)

For those who are handicapped, you may bring your walker to help you stand. for those whose voices are under the alloted decibels, you will be provided a megaphone.

P.S. You will only be allowed to enter the stadium in a vehicle which permits standing only. Perhaps a flatbed truck. There will be a flat bed shuttle provided at extra cost.

PPS If the provided urinal will not be sufficient for your needs, a portable will be available at th end of each section (no seat)

signed, Ralph "I'm going to give you a big, black square!!!'

Blocking and tackling win games, standing vs sitting doesn't mean squat. I sit at Sabre games and they are doing OK.

I'm in the 2nd row of my section. The best part of those seats I've had for years is that the guys that are in front of me only stand to leave at the end of the game.

What has happened to the fans? 

I was in for the Thanksgiving weekend and went to the Jacksonville game.  I was told more than once to sit down.  I simply ignorned and sreamed louder.  If I were at an away site I could understand, but to hear that from a fan at the Ralph is SIMPLY nuts.

What's going on?? I can remember back in the day not sitting for the whole game.

Also 10,000 no shows pretty sad!!

852316[/snapback]

Yeah, very true--it is like the Bills fans are at home watching television. This negative change in fan behvior coincides with the jumbotron. Now, people don't have to see every play on the field--they'll catch it on the giant tv.

Fans have the right to stand. Games are a place to be energetic and enthusiastic--not complacent and immobile. Our homefield advantage won't come back unless the seat potatoes get up off their kiesters and start making some noise.

Yeah, very true--it is like the Bills fans are at home watching television. This negative change in fan behvior coincides with the jumbotron. Now, people don't have to see every play on the field--they'll catch it on the giant tv.

Fans have the right to stand.

Funny, I don't remember seeing that on the back of my tickets.

As BART noted, not everyone CAN stand for extended periods of time -- my seventysomething stepdad, for instance, with his multiple knee surgeries and artificial hip. (He can yell with the best of 'em, though, even from a seated position.) You going to turn around and tell him he can't watch the game because it's your "right" to block his view?

Standing during exciting plays (Roscoe's punt return) or at critical moments during the game -- a defensive stand, or the last drive last week, for example -- is expected, and entirely appropriate. But for the whole... freakin'... game? Unnecessary.

While I'm here, I'll also second the moving-during-plays bashing earlier in this thread. I don't care HOW bad you need that next beer, you're not getting by me if the quarterback is under center, ready for the snap. Got a problem with that? Too effin' bad.

Funny, I don't remember seeing that on the back of my tickets.

As BART noted, not everyone CAN stand for extended periods of time -- my seventysomething stepdad, for instance, with his multiple knee surgeries and artificial hip. (He can yell with the best of 'em, though, even from a seated position.) You going to turn around and tell him he can't watch the game because it's your "right" to block his view?

Standing during exciting plays (Roscoe's punt return) or at critical moments during the game -- a defensive stand, or the last drive last week, for example -- is expected, and entirely appropriate. But for the whole... freakin'... game? Unnecessary.

While I'm here, I'll also second the moving-during-plays bashing earlier in this thread. I don't care HOW bad you need that next beer, you're not getting by me if the quarterback is under center, ready for the snap. Got a problem with that? Too effin' bad.

854137[/snapback]

Lori, you left off the last part of my message, my fundamental point:

Games are a place to be energetic and enthusiastic--not complacent and immobile. Our homefield advantage won't come back unless the seat potatoes get up off their kiesters and start making some noise.

The atmosphere at games has declined, is less energetic now and less noisy when the other team is on offense and at other important times in the game. Now, it is often as if people are sitting in their living rooms watching a distant event--rather than a live sporting event , and one in which their beloved team is playing, occurring right in front of their eyes.

The team feeds off the energy. "Pandemonium" was never created by people sitting in their seats--and you know it.

A year or two back there was a poster or two here who would not relent in their belief that they could make more noise standing up then sitting down.  :D

854119[/snapback]

Actually, at least from a singers perspective, you can. :lol: Your diaphram can be more extended and you project better standing up.

No I was in 232. 

852370[/snapback]

That's why. You were in the Paul M club. Standing is not allowed in the clubs. :D Golf claps only also.

If you want to stand the entire game, join the people in the back 5-6 rows of section 239, they never sit down.

Here are the rules!!!!.... :D:lol:

Lyrics to the Shout Song:

Verse one:

The Bills make me wanna SHOUT!

Kick your heels up and SHOUT!

Throw your hands up and SHOUT!

Throw your head back and SHOUT!

Verse two:

C’mon now the Bills are makin’ it happen now…

Stand up c’mon and shout Yea…..

Chorus one:

Say you will-Shout it right now baby

Say you will-C’mon C’mon

Say you will-And shout

Say you will-Yea…

Verse three:

SHOUT! Buffalo’s happen’ now

SHOUT! We’re on the move now

SHOUT! The Bills are happenin’ now

SHOUT! They’re makin’ it happen now

SHOUT! We’ve got the spirit

SHOUT! A lotta’ spirit, yea

SHOUT! We’ve got the spirit

SHOUT! Just watch it happen now

Chorus two:

Hey…Hey…

(Repeat)

Let’s go Buffa-lo…Let’s go Buffa-lo

(Repeat)

The Bills make me wanna SHOUT!

The team feeds off the energy.  "Pandemonium" was never created by people sitting in their seats--and you know it.

854154[/snapback]

Yeah, it was actually. And it was also created without selling out every game. Yes, there are a lot of casual fans now, but if there weren't, the stadium would look like it did back in the mid-80's when the team also sucked, which is to say EMPTY. Trust me the atmosphere wasn't half this good back then.