McGahee's Sense of Team

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4438

He sure sounds like a piece of crap to me  :censored:

850646[/snapback]

Maybe its only me, but he seems to run harder when he has compition for the starting job. Henry was here, he ran hard and decisively. Now the A train goes in, has a couple good games, and bam, willis looks like he is running with passion again. I am by no means a Willis hater, it just looked like he was running harder to me last week.

Maybe its only me, but he seems to run harder when he has compition for the starting job. Henry was here, he ran hard and decisively. Now the A train goes in, has a couple good games, and bam, willis looks like he is running with passion again. I am by no means a Willis hater, it just looked like he was running harder to me last week.

850648[/snapback]

Im not a gm or anything but generally I think you would prefer to have players on your team who play harder when they're being pushed by someone else. The last thing I would want to see is players being content cause they dont have compeition. Being pushed by compeitition is never a bad thing.

Please. We all know there was no danger of Willis losing his starting job to the A Train.

As much as the fans here would like to think there was some sort of RB contreversy or something, I never heard a peep from the coaching staff to suggest that.

Willis played because he's a tougher S.O.B. than anyone on this forum.

Please. We all know there was no danger of Willis losing his starting job to the A Train.

As much as the fans here would like to think there was some sort of RB contreversy or something, I never heard a peep from the coaching staff to suggest that.

Willis played because he's a tougher S.O.B. than anyone on this forum.

850666[/snapback]

I'm not a McGahee fan, I'd be more than willing to see Thomas start ahead of him...

...but the guy's tough as they come, playing through broken ribs. Unquestionably.

I'm not a McGahee fan, I'd be more than willing to see Thomas start ahead of him...

...but the guy's tough as they come, playing through broken ribs.  Unquestionably.

850678[/snapback]

As tough as they come, fersure, just not mensa material! I wish he wouldn't say some of the stuff he does, but I don't think he realizes how some of the stuff he says will look in print or be perceived until after it's already out there and - as we all know - once it's out there, ya can't 'unring' a bell.

That said, I think he's a great back, a great pick by Donahoe, and a determined competitor - the Bills are in great shape at RB with both McGahee and A-Train.

...but the guy's tough as they come, playing through broken ribs.  Unquestionably.

850678[/snapback]

this strikes me the same as the pple who said they'd take brandon spoon over london when we signed london.

atrain over mcgahee = on drugs insane

The Bills winning a couple of games without him might have something to do with it also. Just like when a star player holds out, when his team starts winning only then does the player (usually) relent a bit and come to terms.

Sad to say these days, but it might likely be Willis realizing he won't get a big contract if he doesn't show up to play...and play hard. Rosenhaus is probably whispering in his ear.

850648[/snapback]

Misunderstood genius is one of the least understood types of genius, and Willis is that. Oh, yeah. If I needed a guy to break his neck, then come back two months later and give between 50 and 100 percent effort on the football field, I'd choose Willis. I heard someone once call Willis a "mystery wrapped in a nigma", which is cool if it's a purple and gold nigma, you know, like a king. :bag:

850648[/snapback]

Yea he does but the improved play of the O-line probably helped a lot too

Im not a gm or anything but generally I think you would prefer to have players on your team who play harder when they're being pushed by someone else. The last thing I would want to see is players being content cause they dont have compeition.  Being pushed by compeitition is never a bad thing.

850651[/snapback]

I would want players who play that way all of the time, not just when they face a bit of pressure. Willis has the look of someone that has to operate under pressure in order to give maximum effort. He did prove that he could come back from his knee injury and proved that he could win a starting position. If he remains healthy, his next big piece of motivation is a new contract. I'd like to see him trying to prove something every time he touches the ball. He has not looked that way to me often this year. Good to see him back this past week with a solid game.

Great read. I'm really hoping our line can create holes this weekend against San Diego...I think it would really lift the team if Willis plays like he did last week.

And Anthony Thomas was never going to take his place on the first team...that's rediculous to say or even think. I mean, Willis had 3 broken and or cracked ribs and he got the start over a healthy Thomas.