If the draft was tomorrow...

Frez

If the draft was tomorrow what position's would you be drafting first for the Bills? I don't think the OL is such a glaring need anymore. Something has changed in Buffalo the last 2 weeks.

DL

OL

TE

WR

LB

My draft board would look something like that.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Say we are drafting 16th this year and the #1 rated TE is still on the board. Would you draft him?

848834[/snapback]

Depends on how much of a player I'd think he is compared with the other available players on my position list.

But yeah, I'd say its a very good possibility. I'd rather have a star TE then the 3rd or 4th best DT/OG/LB

Say we are drafting 16th this year and the #1 rated TE is still on the board. Would you draft him?

848834[/snapback]

Absolutely. The Bills still need help on the OLine and nothing that's happening this season changes that.

Come on, we do this every year as I've stated In earlier posts. This is the scenario: Each year fans notice how bad our O-line is and most agree it should be our number one priority in the draft and FA. As the season goes on the O-line improves (because it couldn't get any worse) and fans and media decide O-line should not be our top priority and we draft skill positions on offense and defensive players. The new year starts and the O-line sucks AGAIN! Stop the cycle and make O-Line our top priority. Draft O-Line PLEASE

OG

TE

DT

If the Bills pick in the mid to late teens, serious consideration should be given to Samardzija.  I'm not an ND fan, but that kid is tall, tough, and has the speed to make plays.  He seems like a Marv-type of player.

848849[/snapback]

:devil:

I'm sorry but I think you'll be able to find receivers as good as Samardzja on Day 2.

Come on, we do this every year as I've stated In earlier posts. This is the scenario: Each year fans notice how bad our O-line is and most agree it should be our number one priority in the draft and FA. As the season goes on the O-line improves (because it couldn't get any worse) and fans and media decide O-line should not be our top priority and we draft skill positions on offense and defensive players. The new year starts and the O-line sucks AGAIN! Stop the cycle and make O-Line our top priority. Draft O-Line PLEASE

OG

TE

DT

848847[/snapback]

I find your reasoning, that the media/fans decide that we shouldn't draft O-line as the cause the Bills don't draft O-line a fallacy.

I was going to throw Samardzija into the discussion. He's a playmaker and a big target with great hands. I would love to snatch him up if we were picking 18-20ish.

But that's only if we don't address the OL/DL in free agency AND if we haven't, I'd grab one of them if they were available.

I disagree with your assessment, Simon. The kind of production JS has had and will have in the NFL will not be duplicated by a 4th-7th rounder.

He's not Sam Aiken or Justin Armour.

If the draft was tomorrow what position's would you be drafting first for the Bills? I don't think the OL is such a glaring need anymore. Something has changed in Buffalo the last 2 weeks.

848828[/snapback]

Let's see how they handle the Chargers d-line before we proclaim something has changed. Six sacks next week and this thread is moot.

At any rate, the Bills seem like they're going to win their way out of the top 8 picks or so. I think the most likely pick at this point is an LB to replace Fletcher.

848834[/snapback]

That depends. Is he a difference maker like Gonzalez or just a solid player? If we could get a guy who could block AND be a threat down the field, I'd be all for that. Look at how the Pats beat the Bears today.

OG

TE

DT

848847[/snapback]

Agreed 100%.

At the same time, the Bills are dropping towards the middle of the draft where Joe Thomas and Jake Long won't be. Maybe Levi Brown?

Depends on how much of a player I'd think he is compared with the other available players on my position list.

But yeah, I'd say its a very good possibility.  I'd rather have a star TE then the 3rd or 4th best DT/OG/LB

848839[/snapback]

I'd rather have the #1 or #2 rated cornerback than the best TE. We're going to need a replacement for Clements.

My board would be:

1) CB

2) OL

3) DL

4) LB

I disagree with your assessment, Simon.  The kind of production JS has had and will have in the NFL will not be duplicated by a 4th-7th rounder.

He's not Sam Aiken or Justin Armour.

848861[/snapback]

Interesting that you mention Aiken as he and Smardzja's reception and yardage numbers were nearly the same for their senior years.

And just like Aiken, I don't think Samardzja's production will translate to the NFL because like Aiken, he won't be able to work pro DB's like he can college ones.

Tough, smart player and I enjoy watching him, but he's benefited greatly from his position in Weiss' offense and pro DB's are an entirely different species from the guys he's been playing against.

Cya