Ok Armchair coaches..... What do you do..

AnthonyF

The Texans provided the blueprint to beat the Jags...

844425[/snapback]

couldnt have said it better myself. i think jax might take a crap again against a team that gets no respect in the league (whether we pull out a great win against the texans or not).

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

True. But not having seen those games, do you have a quick summary of what the Texans did ? Run more, pass more, stack the line, trick plays ... ? Thanx.

844439[/snapback]

The key is too pressure Garrard, he likes to force the ball and gets flusterd easily. We can get at least 2 picks if constantly bring pressure.

The key is too pressure Garrard, he likes to force the ball and gets flusterd easily. We can get at least 2 picks if constantly bring pressure.

844444[/snapback]

Sooooo step one will be forcing them into passing situations? Hopefully they won't average 7.0 ypc.

But if DJ regresses and the games are as interesting as watching paint dry I will be very unhappy...

844343[/snapback]

Yeah, I really hope DJ's goals for his game plans are to entertain me first, and win second.

I don't care if I fall asleep in my seat at the game this weekend, as long as the final score shows the Bills with more points when the game ends, I'll be leaving happy. I watch them to see them win and if a boring and conservative gameplan will win the game, so be it

Why I have been on this site was how upset the offence made me the prior 2 weeks.  Simply the fact that the offence had no interest in winning or seeing if we have any future with this QB.

It was one thing against the 30th ranked pass defence vs. GB at home to do absolutely nothing and conveniently forget Favre gift wrapped 3 turnovers, but then to utterly give up vs. Indy after the first drive when we got to their 10 yard line using a mix of run & pass, I was apoplectic.

Now the next 2 games at home are going to be really, really difficult.  Fortunately we are home.  But if DJ regresses and the games are as interesting as watching paint dry I will be very unhappy...

844343[/snapback]

I could care less about how the paint is applied, as long as it spells WIN after it is dry, is all that matters!! :rolleyes:

I wish you guys would stop with the(they gave us turnovers comments). WE made PLAYS!

Well......we need to maximize the passing game because you can't run against the Jags. Darius is out so that is a break for us. Against the Chargers, it's simple. Everyone needs to summerize the snowblowers, put the parkas back in the attic and take the snow tires off your cars. That will ensure that there is a blizzard for the game.

I think we should come out on the first drive and throw alot of short to intermediate pass routes. Try to sustain a drive and move the ball down the field that way. No need to throw the deep ball right away unless you see something in the defense. I think if we can sustain our first drive and move the melon down the field using mostly short and intermediate pass routes it will open up the running game in subsequent possessions. And then we can pound the rock and try to take the pressure off our young quarterback.

JAX D plays to their opponents, so I think they may play a little more pass protection to try and get JP to turn the ball over after seeing what we did on Sunday. I think they realize that if they can harass JP all day, the passing game will be taken out of the big picture. I think they may force us to try and beat them on the ground, so the O line will have their big test this week.

How about Buffalo playing their games, using their strengths and having Kax & SD adapt. We did not do that vs. GB & Indy...

You know what go watch paint dry. I want to enjoy the games and make decisions for 2007. Sports is ENTERTAINMENT.... GB & Indy were 2 of the worst games I ever saw, because Buffalo had no interest in trying to win.

How about Buffalo playing their games, using their strengths and having Kax & SD adapt.  We did not do that vs. GB & Indy...

You know what go watch paint dry.  I want to enjoy the games and make decisions for 2007.  Sports is ENTERTAINMENT.... GB & Indy were 2 of the worst games I ever saw, because Buffalo had no interest in trying to win.

844757[/snapback]

Actually watching paint dry is one of the most underrated sports going. There's something for everyone, and there's no better feeling than the split second when your 3rd coat goes from wet to tacky...

Actually watching paint dry is one of the most underrated sports going.  There's something for everyone, and there's no better feeling than the split second when your 3rd coat goes from wet to tacky...

844759[/snapback]

May try that this weekend if the Bills game is not blacked out.... Sort of like Picture in Picture (PIP), I'll do a coat on a piece of wood and set it up beside the TV. :rolleyes:

How about Buffalo playing their games, using their strengths and having Kax & SD adapt.  We did not do that vs. GB & Indy...

You know what go watch paint dry.  I want to enjoy the games and make decisions for 2007.  Sports is ENTERTAINMENT.... GB & Indy were 2 of the worst games I ever saw, because Buffalo had no interest in trying to win.

844757[/snapback]

I'm sure that the Bills would force other teams to adapt to them, if they were the better team. That is the advantage of being a good team, you make others play to your game because they have to beat you to win.

Just to let you know, its still 2006, no need to make decissions for 2007 yet. Yes Sports is Entertainment, and if the Buffalo Bills don't entertain you when they try to win a game, then don't watch them. Go find another team that is more entertaining. The Trophy isn't awarded at the end of the year to the "Most Entertaining" team, its awarded to the team that wins the football games, no matter if its a close game or a blowout, an exciting game or a boring game.

I'm sure that the Bills would force other teams to adapt to them, if they were the better team. That is the advantage of being a good team, you make others play to your game because they have to beat you to win.

Just to let you know, its still 2006, no need to make decissions for 2007 yet. Yes Sports is Entertainment, and if the Buffalo Bills don't entertain you when they try to win a game, then don't watch them. Go find another team that is more entertaining. The Trophy isn't awarded at the end of the year to the "Most Entertaining" team, its awarded to the team that wins the football games, no matter if its a close game or a blowout, an exciting game or a boring game.

844835[/snapback]

The Bills showed some flare and offensive creativity Sunday, which they did not the prior 2 weeks. I wantg to see more of that. When you are basically out of the playoff hunt, you have to make decisions for 2007 and to me the still unanswered one is at QB...

Do nothing the next 2 weeks (like GB & Indy) and we regress, whether we win or not...

Sooooo step one will be forcing them into passing situations?  Hopefully they won't average 7.0 ypc.

844452[/snapback]

Oh, ok... so then they stack eight in the box. Then they get 7 yards per catch? I like the idea of getting after Garrard... good thing is that I think/know our DE's are good enough to get to him without bringing the safety into the equation.

The Bills showed some flare and offensive creativity Sunday, which they did not the prior 2 weeks.  I wantg to see more of that.  When you are basically out of the playoff hunt, you have to make decisions for 2007 and to me the still unanswered one is at QB... 

Do nothing the next 2 weeks (like GB & Indy) and we regress, whether we win or not...

844879[/snapback]

Why are they basically out of the playoff hunt being what two games out the 7th spot? Which can change if they win next week. Have ye little faith? Sad.

AFC W L T PCT PF PA STRK DIV CONF

Indianapolis 9 1 0 .900 263 210 Lost 1 3-0 7-0

San Diego 8 2 0 .800 332 202 Won 4 2-1 6-2

Baltimore 8 2 0 .800 222 147 Won 4 2-0 5-1

New England 7 3 0 .700 236 131 Won 1 4-1 5-3

Denver 7 3 0 .700 185 146 Lost 1 3-1 7-2

Kansas City 6 4 0 .600 210 195 Won 1 2-1 2-4

Jacksonville 6 4 0 .600 211 137 Won 1 1-3 3-3

NY Jets 5 5 0 .500 177 217 Lost 1 3-1 4-4

Cincinnati 5 5 0 .500 247 233 Won 1 2-1 3-3

Buffalo 4 6 0 .400 164 201 Won 1 1-3 2-4

Miami 4 6 0 .400 170 188 Won 3 0-3 2-5

Pittsburgh 4 6 0 .400 239 227 Won 2 1-1 3-5

Typical pessimistic bandwagon jumper Bills fan. "They suck, they suck, they suck... oh wait a minute they won, nooo they still suck, (two wins), they still suck, (three wins), ohhh I like them go buffalo!!

The Bills showed some flare and offensive creativity Sunday, which they did not the prior 2 weeks.  I wantg to see more of that.  When you are basically out of the playoff hunt, you have to make decisions for 2007 and to me the still unanswered one is at QB... 

844879[/snapback]

The problem is, the "Boring game plan" was successful against Green Bay, and almost beat an undefeated team. Just because you aren't sold on JP because you don't see it during the game because in your opinion they are playing to conservative, doesn't mean that DJ does see all he needs to see in the games they are playing

Winning games does not mean we regress just because the wins weren't exciting to watch. Winning games means the coaching staff have used our players to their abilities to win games and getting a win is what matters

vs. Jax...

Attack with the pass. Have JP throw some slants and screens to open up the middle for the run game, run Thomas a bit to keep them hionest, and look for the home run to Evans often.

vs. SD...

Dust off the Indy game plan. Thomas gets 30 carries. Keep the SD offense off the field. Let JP take a couple of end zone shots (unlike Indy) when we get close. Hope for a blizzard. Before the season I thought this was one of the 3 toughest games on our schedule, and I would not be pissed if we lost, just keep it respectable.

Against Jax we are going to have to play a more balanced even football game than either of the last two weeks, and hopefully that will be our plan moving forward as well. They looked very impressive against the Giants, but so far this year have not been the same team on the road, and hopefully we can get some bad weather.

I don't want to think about SD right now, but that will be a tough game no matter how you look at it, and if we are coming off a win against Jax will be a good test for us to compete. They lost at KC based on a bad first quarter, but are a really good team, and we will need a few breaks to win that game (turnovers & special teams).