Shawshank Redemption coming to theaters

My favorite movie of all time is getting re released into 8 theaters across the country.

They said that it did poorly at the box office, but once it got to VHS, it took over the #3 spot on the IMDB's top 250 movies of all time.

But, since most people didnt see it in the theater, they are re-releasing..

I'd love to see it on the big screen.

AWESOME movie.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/...hank/index.html

My favorite movie of all time is getting re released into 8 theaters across the country.

They said that it did poorly at the box office, but once it got to VHS, it took over the #3 spot on the IMDB's top 250 movies of all time.

AWESOME movie.

60501[/snapback]

Good - I've only seen it 753923 of the 897654930 times it's been on TV

Just kidding - it is a great movie.

AWESOME movie.

60501[/snapback]

I thought they officially changed the name of that movie to "TNT Tuesday Night Movie"

I'm pretty sure that I also heard on the radio that they are releasing a SPECIAL EDITION Shawshank Redeption DVD.  It is an awesome movie.

60507[/snapback]

Great. Extended prison rape scenes and more guard violence. Of course, there is the perverse pleasure to watching Tim Robbins get his ass kicked.

Hard to believe they're going to put this movie out yet again. Anyone willing to spend $9.00 to see it ought to have their head examined.

BTW, I liked the movie. The first 11 times. It's lost something in the nearly 2.5 million airings since.

Apparently Sly Stallone and Jean Claude Van Dumbass are pressing to have "Lock Up" and "Death Warrant" re-released at the same time. Looking to capitalize on the overplaying "Triple Crown" of TNT prison movies. Kurt Russell couldn't be reached for comment on the glaring omission of "Tango and Cash".

AWESOME movie.

60501[/snapback]

Great Movie. Love that movie!

I already have the movie on DVD.  I may check it out at the theater anyway.

60570[/snapback]

Thank you! Some one else who would like to see it on the big screen.

people, i know you can see it on TNT, but its not the same. Thats like watching Chris Rock on ABC.. he would suck.

Sadly, that would have been a better title than "The Shawshank Redemption."  There IS something to naming movies with appealing titles.

60550[/snapback]

The title of the Stephen King novella was "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption". It was in "Different Seasons" along with "The Body", upon which "Stand by Me" was based. I think "Apt Pupil" was in there, too.

Good movie. You could probably make a decent list of flicks that did better in video than at the box office. Caddyshack comes to mind.

Thank you! Some one else who would like to see it on the big screen.

people, i know you can see it on TNT, but its not the same. Thats like watching Chris Rock on ABC.. he would suck.

60583[/snapback]

Edited, commercials, fool-frame...

I can't imagine watching anything like this on TNT

unless I wanted to laugh at how bad it'd be butchered.

You could probably make a decent list of flicks that did better in video than at the box office.  Caddyshack comes to mind.

60587[/snapback]

this would make a decent new thread...but my favorite movie that did nothing in the theatre and turned out to be one of my all time favorite movies was "No Way Out" with Kevin Costner and Gene Hackman.

this would make a decent new thread...but my favorite movie that did nothing in the theatre and turned out to be one of my all time favorite movies was "No Way Out" with Kevin Costner and Gene Hackman.

60598[/snapback]

Office Space, Swingers, and Rounders come to mind as well - 3 of my favorites. I don't even remember any of them in the theaters.