Villarrial out for this weeks game

jdubs

Willis McGahee, Josh Reed, Ryan Neufeld and Chris Villarrial have been ruled out to play this week against the Houston Texans. Bills Head Coach Dick Jauron said there is a good chance that Villarrial won’t play the rest of the year. Second-year offensive lineman Duke Preston will take Villarrial’s place at right guard. Buffalobills.com will have further updates throughout the day.

Actually.... I thought amongst the inerior when it was reyes fowler and villy that villy and fowler were the worst. I'd like to see what the line looks like as Peters, Gandy, Fowler, Reyes, Pennington..... reyes is definitely better than preston, i wonder if we will see that combo if reyes is ready to go

Actually.... I thought amongst the inerior when it was reyes fowler and villy that villy and fowler were the worst. I'd like to see what the line looks like as Peters, Gandy, Fowler, Reyes, Pennington..... reyes is definitely better than preston, i wonder if we will see that combo if reyes is ready to go

I doubt it. Reyes has been a healthy scratch (judging by him NOT being on the injury report last week) while Preston, who WAS on the injury report, played after Villarrial went down. I understand why they played him at LG after playing at RG with the Panthers, because Villarrial was at RG, but now there is NO reason to not have him play there, especially with Villarrial going down. Unless it's some disciplinary action.

Jauron has said that Reyes is healthy. Nevertheless, it sounds like Preston is the starter. Could Reyes really be worse than Preston? Or are we saving him for when we finally can't stand Gandy anymore?

Jauron has said that Reyes is healthy. Nevertheless, it sounds like Preston is the starter. Could Reyes really be worse than Preston? Or are we saving him for when we finally can't stand Gandy anymore?

Yeah, I just read that Reyes is healthy after creating my post above. I had heard during the bye week that Gandy asked for Reyes to be replaced because of motivation/work ethic. I guess that's what we're seeing. :lol:

Yeah, I just read that Reyes is healthy after creating my post above.  I had heard during the bye week that Gandy asked for Reyes to be replaced because of motivation/work ethic.  I guess that's what we're seeing. :lol:

838076[/snapback]

During the bye week, when Gandy was moved to Reyes's position?

I can hear it now...

"You know, coach, I know I suck at left tackle, but if you're thinking about benching me, consider this...the only reason I suck is because the guy next to me is making me suck. He's just not motivated to make me suck less. I really question his work ethic. So maybe you should just bench him instead and let me take his spot? Whaddya say, coach? Huh?"

During the bye week, when Gandy was moved to Reyes's position?

I can hear it now...

"You know, coach, I know I suck at left tackle, but if you're thinking about benching me, consider this...the only reason I suck is because the guy next to me is making me suck. He's just not motivated to make me suck less. I really question his work ethic. So maybe you should just bench him instead and let me take his spot? Whaddya say, coach? Huh?"

At the time I didn't think it made sense, but learning that Reyes has been a healthy scratch, it seems to be more believable. Again, Reyes played RG for the Panthers; why not give him a shot THERE as the starter now that Villarrial is out?