Danger: Whiners won't like this

todd

I hate to break it to you folks, but when you get a new scheme WRs have a tendency to run incorrect routes, RBs have a tendency to make mistakes, and QBs have a tendency to throw to the wrong spot. You all have been watching football long enough to understand this.

60342[/snapback]

The problem is these aren't the mistakes that are costing us games. Dropped balls, missed blitz pickups and idiotic penalties are. Normally I'd give you the missed blitz pickups as a "growing pain" (but not the other two) but this is the exact same problem we've had the last two years, at some point it's got to be the players themselves and not the scheme.

So far I've watched the first and second quarters over. Mostly in slo-mo. I see many positives about this team, and I see some very good things happening. This is a damn good team.

Observations:

1. The o-line played damn well for the most part against a good Pats D. Hear that everyone? THEY PLAYED WELL!

2. Travis hit the holes he had fast and hard and got good yards.

3. Drew threw the ball well for the most part. His best game since last year.

4. London' Fletcher's roughing call was complete BS.

5. Our defense is very, very good.

6. McGee is a phenominal athlete and offeres some big play capability that Vincent doesn't.

7. Wire is not the answer at safety.

8. Placalling is so much better than last year I can't understand why people complain about it.

Lastly, if you whiners expected anything less than a little difficulty with a new coach and revamped scheme, then you might as well go root for another team. That's just not realistic.

60222[/snapback]

Those are all valid points.

I don't have a copy of the game to review,

but I know I was pretty happy going into halftime tied...

would've rather been ahead of course, but the team didn't look too bad.

Now let's just put it together for 60 minutes.

Want to see a bad team, look at the 49ers.

In one of the local papers they gave the RBs a D+, The coach a D- and everyone else an F.

60435[/snapback]

The difference is...everyone KNEW they were gonna suck.

I re-watched the game too.

Here's what I notcied.

If it weren't for the Patriottes making two uncharacteristic mistakes - Dillon fumbling away to us down on our goaline and them allowing McGee to score that TD on the kickoff, then we get blown out in this game.

WE ARE 0 and 3 ! WE SUCK RIGHT NOW!

#1) O line played well - WE LOST

#2) Travis hits the hole hard WE LOST

#3) Drew threw the ball well WE LOST

#4) London blah blah WE LOST

Get it? Who gives a **** how individual units played for parts of the game. It doesn't mean jack when you lose the game. Maybe you're satisfied with giving this team a big E for Effort but I'll give them a big L for LOSERS.

It's pathetic when we are reduced to arguing that "We're really not the worst team in the league, that would be San Fran or Miami". Is this how the Arizona fans feel every year? Because I don't like it.

Please, 0 - 3 people. I'll save looking for the positives when we post a W and have something to build on.

RunTheBall

I re-watched the game too.

Here's what I notcied.

If it weren't for the Patriottes making two uncharacteristic mistakes - Dillon fumbling away to us down on our goaline and them allowing McGee to score that TD on the kickoff, then we get blown out in this game.

60444[/snapback]

I don't look at those 2 plays as Patriot mistakes,

I look at them as the Bills making plays. :w00t:

So far I've watched the first and second quarters over. Mostly in slo-mo. I see many positives about this team, and I see some very good things happening. This is a damn good team.

Observations:

1. The o-line played damn well for the most part against a good Pats D. Hear that everyone? THEY PLAYED WELL!

2. Travis hit the holes he had fast and hard and got good yards.

3. Drew threw the ball well for the most part. His best game since last year.

4. London' Fletcher's roughing call was complete BS.

5. Our defense is very, very good.

6. McGee is a phenominal athlete and offeres some big play capability that Vincent doesn't.

7. Wire is not the answer at safety.

8. Placalling is so much better than last year I can't understand why people complain about it.

Lastly, if you whiners expected anything less than a little difficulty with a new coach and revamped scheme, then you might as well go root for another team. That's just not realistic.

60222[/snapback]

I have problems with your 2, 5, and especially 8.

The playcalling appears as bad as last year. Neither team could score points after a sustained drive.

The team is playing dumb. If a team eventually takes on the personality of its coach, this team could be in deep dodo.

I don't look at those 2 plays as Patriot mistakes,

I look at them as the Bills making plays. :w00t:

60450[/snapback]

I here you...but I guess that take proves there is always two sides...Because take away those two Plays and the Game would have been REAL ugly...Nonetheless, I do believe the outcome would have been much closer, or even a Bills victory had the Bills simply played smarter, and also if a couple key calls had gone our way (which I NEVER count on as a Bills Fan :w00t: ).