Man, I Wish Our Team Would Draft LINEMAN!

Alaska Darin

You know, like the Vikings. A team we beat AND who lost AT HOME yesterday to a team we beat just one week ago.

I mean think about it:

McKinnie - First Round

Hutchinson - First Round (though signed as a Free Agent)

Birk - UDFA but a Pro Bowler

Hicks - UDFA signed from the Eagles after 4 seasons

Johnson - High second round

K Williams - High First Round

K. Udeze - First Round

P. Williams - High Profile Free Agent

D. Scott - 3rd Round

That's Four first rounders, one second rounder, and a third rounder for those of you scoring at home. How is it that team didn't roll us by 40?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, like the Vikings.  A team we beat AND who lost AT HOME yesterday to a team we beat just one week ago.

I mean think about it:

McKinnie - First Round

K. Udeze - First Round

D. Scott - 3rd Round

That's Four first rounders, one second rounder, and a third rounder for those of you scoring at home.  How is it that team didn't roll us by 40?

835484[/snapback]

Don't forget Erasmus James another first-rounder. I think he is injured, though.

You know, like the Vikings.  A team we beat AND who lost AT HOME yesterday to a team we beat just one week ago.

I mean think about it:

McKinnie - First Round

K. Udeze - First Round

D. Scott - 3rd Round

That's Four first rounders, one second rounder, and a third rounder for those of you scoring at home.  How is it that team didn't roll us by 40?

835484[/snapback]

What's yer point, keep going bargain basement on both sides of the line?

And not drafting lineman has gotten the Bills where?

835494[/snapback]

Buffalo has drafted d-linemen early, but not o-linemen early. Schobel, Denny and Kelsay were all second rounders. John McCargo was drafted in the first round this year. Tripplett got good, but not great money from the Bills and Tim Anderson was a third round pick.

I think Jonas and Mike Williams were the highest picks in recent memory.

How about: no single avenue guarantees TEAM success.

I guarantee if we pick nothing but OLine in the next draft we'll suck next season too.

835496[/snapback]

Those lines ceratinly haven't single handedly won any games for them or allowed them to steam roll their opponents, but it has kept them in every game they have played.

How about: no single avenue guarantees TEAM success.

I guarantee if we pick nothing but OLine in the next draft we'll suck next season too.

835496[/snapback]

How about: no chit Sherlock!

First order of business...fire Modrak, cause who he's recommended (I assume that what he does from Fla) aint working out.

Those lines ceratinly haven't single handedly won any games for them or allowed them to steam roll their opponents, but it has kept them in every game they have played.

835505[/snapback]

You mean like the game they lost against NE by 24 points? Or the game against that defensive powerhouse in San Francisco where they put up a whole FIELD GOAL?

Honestly.

I mean think about it:

McKinnie - First Round

K. Udeze - First Round

D. Scott - 3rd Round

835484[/snapback]

they're almost the opposite of the bills -- certified journeyman at every position BUT offensive line (including a rapidly declining ancient QB) and a fast WR who simply can't hold onto the ball. all of which leads me to think that ... QB is the most important position in football.

How about: no chit Sherlock!

First order of business...fire Modrak, cause who he's recommended (I assume that what he does from Fla) aint working out.

835507[/snapback]

I'm not sure that's the answer, either. I'm a hell of alot more disappointed we didn't make a serious run at Hutch than anything that's happened in the last 5 years.

I mean think about it:

McKinnie - First Round

K. Udeze - First Round

D. Scott - 3rd Round

835484[/snapback]

What about the 06 superbowl? Or does this not count?

The Vikes drafted McKinnie and refused to sign him. They also had the incident on the boat, a qb who was (and is) seriously injured, another old one who seems to have hit the wall, different owners, different coaching staffs, and they lost their best player (Moss).

If you are making the point that nothing is foolproof, you are correct. If you are insinuating that the Bills have properly addressed this gaping, ongoing hole, you are sadly mistaken.