Do you unleash JP

Bills Fan888

Let JP run and throw and everything he can do  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Let JP run and throw and everything he can do

• Unleash him
    • Keep him leashed

Do you think we should still give JP about 15 throws a game and keep him in the pocket or let him run throw bombs and do play actions

834761[/snapback]

Let's see some bootlegs and roll outs.

You can't make him a pocket passer, if there is no pocket. :blink:

I voted to unleash him. The Bills need to use the remaining games to decide whether to take a quarterback early in next year's draft. That's an easier decision to make if you've given Losman the maximum opportunity to show what he can or can't do.

835379[/snapback]

I beleive that ship has sailed already.

If the Bills should "unleash" anyone it should be Nall. That way we will know everything we need to about all three QB's going into the offseason.

The book is closed on Loseman. :blink:

I beleive that ship has sailed already.

If the Bills should "unleash" anyone it should be Nall. That way we will know everything we need to about all three QB's going into the offseason.

The book is closed on Loseman.  :blink:

835398[/snapback]

I have to admit that I too am more curious about Nall than about Losman.

For better or for worse, JP is still a QB in training. In nine games - 2 blowouts; 7 - 40 at CHI, and 6 - 28 against NE at home. Loss margins over 9 games? 2, 8, 33, 3, 22, 1.

A dropped pass here and there, caught, who knows? Too early to give up on the lad IMO...

Edited by stuckincincy

For better or for worse, JP is still a QB in training. In nine games - 2 blowouts; 7 - 40 at  CHI, and 6 - 28 against NE at home.  Loss margins over 9 games? 2, 8, 33, 3, 22, 1.

A dropped pass here and there, who knows? Too early to give up on the lad IMO...

835523[/snapback]

well said

Why not "unleash" him by designing a play or two each half that actually makes use of his abilities.

He's not a pocket passer. I understand limiting his responsibilities so he can learn but I think he would benefit even more if he had a chance to really help the team. Let him run. Let him roll out.

I don't think they are trying to make him a pocket passer, they are just trying to get him used to and more comfortable just standing in the pocket to make a throw, this way when he does not just get excited and run around like Vick does and make him more of a QB that runs only when necessary.

But for the rest of the year, it depends on the coaches, if they see that what they are doing is working and making him a better QB, keep doing it. If not, let him play his way and see what he can do, Its not like the team has anything to lose.

For better or for worse, JP is still a QB in training. In nine games - 2 blowouts; 7 - 40 at  CHI, and 6 - 28 against NE at home.  Loss margins over 9 games? 2, 8, 33, 3, 22, 1.

A dropped pass here and there, caught, who knows? Too early to give up on the lad IMO...

835523[/snapback]

great post

Nall isn't your savior if he can't even hold off Holcomb for the #2 spot.

I say give JP this year & next and draft o linemen in the draft or retool it with GOOD players, not another teams garbage like they have been doing the last couple of years. If Losman can't cut it with improved pass protection, then we know he's not going to be a great QB.

For example, look at Bledsoe. He came from NE where he had a good O line to protect him. Came here and sucked, and went to Dallas where he was looking good again for awhile. Now what do you think would help the one guy with no mobility who stays in the pocket all the time? MORE TIME TO THROW THE DAMN BALL!

I don't think they are trying to make him a pocket passer, they are just trying to get him used to and more comfortable just standing in the pocket to make a throw, this way when he does not just get excited and run around like Vick does and make him more of a QB that runs only when necessary.

But for the rest of the year, it depends on the coaches, if they see that what they are doing is working and making him a better QB, keep doing it. If not, let him play his way and see what he can do, Its not like the team has anything to lose.

835597[/snapback]

What pocket?

Like it or not, I think that what you've seen the past 2 weeks is the Dick Jauron philosophy on offense. That is, the role of the QB is to primarily hand the ball off -- and not lose the game. I don't think it has anything to do necessarily with WHO the QB is... Given that he's completed a good percentage of his passes over the last 2 weeks and protected the football, contrary to popular fan opinion, I have a feeling that the coaches are actually pretty happy with what Loseman has done on the field.

Like it or not, I think that what you've seen the past 2 weeks is the Dick Jauron philosophy on offense. That is, the role of the QB is to primarily hand the ball off -- and not lose the game. I don't think it has anything to do necessarily with WHO the QB is... Given that he's completed a good percentage of his passes over the last 2 weeks and protected the football, contrary to popular fan opinion, I have a feeling that the coaches are actually pretty happy with what Loseman has done on the field.

835644[/snapback]

I don't know about that. Jim Miller had his best and most productive years in his career under Jauron. The one year they were 14-2 or 13-3, I remember Miller heaving up alot of deep passes. I don't think that they've actually opened the whole playbook for JP yet and Jp definitely has a better arm than Jim Miller. I think our issues are with more of an OL line that can consistently pass protect than with JP and his ability right now. You guys have to admit that he(JP) looks better than he did last year though. Our line is still not even really respectable yet when it comes to pass protection. When we have a solid OL then I will make my decision on what I think about JP. Right now, I just chalk it up to a young QB in a completely new system. If he hasn't progressed by next season, then we should start taking a serious look. We should atleast let him have a full go at it this season to see how much of a difference it makes for him.