Worst offensieve line performance

BADOLBILZ

It has never, ever been more clear than today for ALL to see that this team is an offensive line away from being atleast competitive in the league. Forget your JP haters/lovers, forget Willis, forget the run D. It's all about the line and this has been the issue since atleast 1995. This team needs two guards (maybe Reyes is one?) and a RT to be productive before they will be able to compete. While it's encouraging that they can play with teams, the recurring line theme is very, very frustrating.

833849[/snapback]

Tutan Reyes is the answer!

Robert Royal will save us!

Let's draft Donte Whitner and four other secondary players!

Ineptitude, thy name is Buffalo Bills.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's draft Donte Whitner and four other secondary players!

Ineptitude, thy name is Buffalo Bills.

833972[/snapback]

So the fact that they held Colts to 17 pts at home (2nd lowest this year) means zip to a rebuilding team?

Since you love to bring up the Sabres comparison, wasn't Pommenville placed on waivers prior to last season? Wasn't Briere a has-been? What was Sabres record the season prior to the lock-out?

So the fact that they held Colts to 17 pts at home (2nd lowest this year) means zip to a rebuilding team? 

Since you love to bring up the Sabres comparison, wasn't Pommenville placed on waivers prior to last season?  Wasn't Briere a has-been?  What was Sabres record the season prior to the lock-out?

833991[/snapback]

News flash: They're not changing the NFL rules any time soon to help the Bills overcome their complete worthlessness.

Yes we need OL & I would have been very happy drafting for it last draft but....we had the 29th D last season with 2 aged safeties, a #1 CB on Franchise tag, 1 FA DT & no depth anywhere. D wins games. Just think how today would have gone with a mediocre OL. I do not begrudge the last draft being top heavy in D picks.....the next draft however is a different kettle of fish.

Since you love to bring up the Sabres comparison, wasn't Pommenville placed on waivers prior to last season?  Wasn't Briere a has-been?  What was Sabres record the season prior to the lock-out?

833991[/snapback]

For the Whitner pick to ever look wise, the team would have to get rich on the lines REAL quick. To come out of last offseason without finding a single offensive lineman of merit...to actually cut Bennie Anderson and get WORSE, is so f'ing infuriating. Another year of this kind of blocking and run defense and the Bills are going to be in the market for some new QB's, RB's, LB's and DB's to replace the spent bunch they'll have.

Two word answer:

Dick Jauron. This loss is on the coaches.

For example: you go for it on 4th in your own territory and then punt from theirs. WTF?

833986[/snapback]

Gimme a break. How many morons on here were beating their house on the Bills getting destroyed by the Colts?

Fact is the coaches designed the perfect gameplan. However as much as I hate to admit it, we're not very good right now. We are afraid to throw because we can't count on our QB's decision making.

DJ and coaches can't tackle, block, or catch the ball. They also can't make a dead on field goal in a dome with the game on the line. Jauron is the man and once we get some talent, he will win us a bunch of games.

Yes we need OL & I would have been very happy drafting for it last draft but....we had the 29th D last season with 2 aged safeties, a #1 CB on Franchise tag, 1 FA DT & no depth anywhere.  D wins games.  Just think how today would have gone with a mediocre OL.  I do not begrudge the last draft being top heavy in D picks.....the next draft however is a different kettle of fish.

834023[/snapback]

Incorrect. Defense doesn't win games, it wins championships. But first you have to get to the playoffs, and line play is what wins games over the long haul. It would be a mistake to call what the Bills did the last two weeks good defense. Smart defense? Yes. Good defense? Far, far from it.

Gimme a break.  How many morons on here were beating their house on the Bills getting destroyed by the Colts?

Fact is the coaches designed the perfect gameplan.  However as much as I hate to admit it, we're not very good right now.  We are afraid to throw because we can't count on our QB's decision making and our OLine cant block for sh--.

DJ and coaches can't tackle, block, or catch the ball.  They also can't make a dead on field goal in a dome with the game on the line.  Jauron is the man and once we get some talent, he will win us a bunch of games.

834055[/snapback]

Incorrect. Defense doesn't win games, it wins championships.  But first you have to get to the playoffs, and line play is what wins games over the long haul.  It would be a mistake to call what the Bills did the last two weeks good defense.  Smart defense?  Yes.  Good defense?  Far, far from it.

834074[/snapback]

The defence kept one of the top ranked offences to 17 points and that is far from being good?

Everyone expected the Bills to get blown out and the game wouldn't even get close, now that they keep it close and almost win, everyone is complaining cause they didn't play good enough to win the game

Its the same sh-- every offseason.....Sign some back-up subpar OLine and hope they pan out....

Its time to spend some money on this line....

bring some solid vets in....and draft early Oline to develop....

This should be the plan the next two offseasons

833890[/snapback]

sounds good to me, and maybe a receiver that can get open

Yes we need OL & I would have been very happy drafting for it last draft but....we had the 29th D last season with 2 aged safeties, a #1 CB on Franchise tag, 1 FA DT & no depth anywhere.  D wins games.  Just think how today would have gone with a mediocre OL.  I do not begrudge the last draft being top heavy in D picks.....the next draft however is a different kettle of fish.

834023[/snapback]

good point....i see them building the d- for the future and will then set up the offense, how they go about it will tell us alot.

but i think with marv back in the mix i think he has a good judgement for n.f.l. talent , we will see....

News flash: They're not changing the NFL rules any time soon to help the Bills overcome their complete worthlessness.

833997[/snapback]

Yup, because the NHL rule changes are 100% responsible for Sabres record...

Incorrect. Defense doesn't win games, it wins championships.  But first you have to get to the playoffs, and line play is what wins games over the long haul.  It would be a mistake to call what the Bills did the last two weeks good defense.  Smart defense?  Yes.  Good defense?  Far, far from it.

834074[/snapback]

Except that the stated position from OBD from day one of the new regime is that this year the focus was going to be mostly on defense, considering how bad that unit had quickly gotten. With the direction this team was heading last year, there's no way no how you could have addressed alll issues at once.

So the question for admin becomes, do we focus on one side, or pick the best players for the OL that are available at that slot. Yeah, an OL would have been nice in 1st round, but how could you justify picking Mangold with the traded pick with Fowler on the roster and knowing that Tim Anderson is your DT of the future.

I agree that you need to build from indide out, but you cannot say that they have not been focusing on the DL this year. Not a good defense yet, but light years away from last year's disaster.

This is not a defense that this is a good team now. But, it would also be nice to have some perspective on where this team is heading towards the end of this year and next.

Yup, because the NHL rule changes are 100% responsible for Sabres record...

834301[/snapback]

100%? Maybe not but do you think the Sabres team of last year or this year would be playoff bound if games were called the way they were in the 1990s?

Last year's defense would have given up 40 to the Colts. Let's not get out of focus here. The defense needs improvement but is headed well in that direction. Solving the offensive line problems around here will make atleast 10 other fan favorite issues go away quickly.