Favorite Wrestler

alright, that's it....I've tolerated four pages of this thread without a SINGLE mention of the GREATEST WRESTLER WHO EVER LIVED! I purposely left his name off my earlier list because I wanted to see how long it too for someone to give him his proper recognition.

KNEEL before the GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

832423[/snapback]

I remember when he beat Chris Candido, maybe as a Bodydonna in the WWF. I still remember Jim Ross: "Horrowitz wind, Horrowitz wins". They need to bring back the jobbers. It was always great when a jobber would somehow win. Didn't Horrowitz have a decent career before he was a jobber and it was just like WWF completely ignored this.

I think Virgil has to be up there as one of the best. Beat Ted Dibiasse and took his million dollar belt and then was a jobber the rest of his career.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now there's a 'blast from the past' - didn't Monsoon used to do the 'colour' commentary on CTV with Lord Layton?

832269[/snapback]

You are a fountain of misinformation. ;)

He's most famous for teaming with Bobby The Brain Heenan and Jesse The Body Ventura... two incredible teams.

I remember when he beat Chris Candido, maybe as a Bodydonna in the WWF. I still remember Jim Ross: "Horrowitz wind, Horrowitz wins". They need to bring back the jobbers. It was always great when a jobber would somehow win. Didn't Horrowitz have a decent career before he was a jobber and it was just like WWF completely ignored this.

I think Virgil has to be up there as one of the best. Beat Ted Dibiasse and took his million dollar belt and then was a jobber the rest of his career.

832437[/snapback]

i sorta miss the jobbers, too....mainly because it made the "real" matches all the more special when they happened. I remember when I was a kid, you'd have like a handful of star v. jobber matches, and then MAYBE the last match would be like 2nd tier guy v. 2nd tier guy. But it was cool cause you got to see your favorite stars (such as Macho Man , in my case.....ooooooooh YEAH!) just beat the living hell out of someone and use all his signature moves. Then if you were able to go to a live show or see a PPV, you were psyched cause you got to see star v. star.

i sorta miss the jobbers, too....mainly because it made the "real" matches all the more special when they happened. I remember when I was a kid, you'd have like a handful of star v. jobber matches, and then MAYBE the last match would be like 2nd tier guy v. 2nd tier guy. But it was cool cause you got to see your favorite stars (such as Macho Man , in my case.....ooooooooh YEAH!) just beat the living hell out of someone and use all his signature moves. Then if you were able to go to a live show or see a PPV, you were psyched cause you got to see star v. star.

832505[/snapback]

Best Jobbers of all time:

Johnny k-9

Barry O

S.D. Jones

Frankie Williams

combined winning record of all of them: ZERO

Boy, isn't that the truth. 

They even named a street after Illio - right in front of that great restaurant he ran - "Chef's", I think.

;)

832495[/snapback]

Nobody ever, could drop kick like Ilio. Man, your body must take a beating doing that 20 times a week for 20 years. No wonder he opened a restaurant.

Years ago, there was a great conversation as to who the best wrestler was/ is.  I start the thread again:

1) Hogan

2) Andre

3) Sheik

4) Flair

831888[/snapback]

I was always a Ric Flair fan! Flair understood the business and would do the job. Exactly when did Hogan ever do that?

Did anyone catch RAW last monday night? I saw the last 15 minutes or so, it was a tag match between Roddy Piper/Ric Flair and two younger guys, I think Edge and Randy Orton. It was pitiful watching Piper and Flair. Edge and Orton would basically do a move, then pose for a couple minutes so Flair and Piper culd catch their breath.

Iron Mike Sharpe

832604[/snapback]

;) That guy was cool as hell.....at the small house shows he'd get into it with the fans and rile them....He was one of the wrestlers my uncle used to drive (he drove a limo as a part time job after he retired) to and from the hotel/airport. Supposedly he was a really nice guy.

Are you talking "Mid-South" here? With Dibiase, Eddie Gilbert and the "Road Runners" Sting and Rock( aka Ultimate Warrior)?

831934[/snapback]

Road Runners? I think that team was called the "Blade Runners".

My favorite wrestler of all time is the late Rick Rude, but I wouldn't consider him the best wrestler of all time though.

Road Runners?  I think that team was called the "Blade Runners".

My favorite wrestler of all time is the late Rick Rude, but I wouldn't consider him the best wrestler of all time though.

832828[/snapback]

That many of you would spend so much time on this board and following pro wrestling is embarrassing - for you. Get a life. flame away, I don't care.

:P  That guy was cool as hell.....at the small house shows he'd get into it with the fans and rile them....He was one of the wrestlers my uncle used to drive (he drove a limo as a part time job after he retired) to and from the hotel/airport. Supposedly he was a really nice guy.

832613[/snapback]

He was awesome....he'd work himself into a frustrated tizzy, grumbling and moaning and pacing.....I couldn't understand what he was saying, but it was great.

I always liked the cocky guys who had some personality, like Piper and Murocco. That's what made it so fun.