Lost......

JoeFerguson

I am not sure if I will continue to watch every week. It seems easier and more rewarding to just rent the DVDs when they come out. The show is not as good as it used to be. I just don't look forward to it as much anymore.

Now Battlestar Galactica on the other hand....

Last night's episode was pretty satisfying to watch, especially considering how sucky the first five episodes of this season have been.  I totally thought Jack was going to wimp out, and then he goes and cuts the kidney.

830921[/snapback]

How was that show satisfying? That may have been the lamest "cliffhanger" ever.

I know you guys frown on people dumping on Lost, but my wife and I have seen every episode and the only reason we tune in now is because we've already gotten this far. Nothing happens. Ever.

I apologize for that, but come on, man. Now it get's replaced by Taye Break for four months!?!?! And the incentive to return is "no repeats"?

I apologize for that, but come on, man.  Now it get's replaced by Taye Break for four months!?!?!  And the incentive to return is "no repeats"?

830931[/snapback]

Groundhog day with guns and black people. What could be better?

How was that show satisfying?  That may have been the lamest "cliffhanger" ever.

I know you guys frown on people dumping on Lost, but my wife and I have seen every episode and the only reason we tune in now is because we've already gotten this far.  Nothing happens.  Ever.

I apologize for that, but come on, man.  Now it get's replaced by Taye Break for four months!?!?!  And the incentive to return is "no repeats"?

830931[/snapback]

Satisfying in relation to the first five lousy episodes. Not that good, but good enough to make me keep watching. I guess they've got me where they want me.

Satisfying in relation to the first five lousy episodes.  Not that good, but good enough to make me keep watching.  I guess they've got me where they want me.

830943[/snapback]

I don't understand how people can complain about this season as I have fully enjoyed every episode thus far more then most of last season.

How was that show satisfying?  That may have been the lamest "cliffhanger" ever.

I know you guys frown on people dumping on Lost, but my wife and I have seen every episode and the only reason we tune in now is because we've already gotten this far.  Nothing happens.  Ever.

830931[/snapback]

By the way, excellent timing ABC...I'm sure no one will get Day Break confused with soon-to-be released "Deja Vu," starring Denzel.

I'm really enjoying it.  I like the parts between scenes where different people try to sell you sh--.  I'm beginning to work on a concept that the island isn't in south seas at all but turns out to be....get this!....HAWAII!!!!

831010[/snapback]

We used to watch the show starting at 9:00, but the commercials made it unbearable. So we started DVR'ing it and waiting until 9:15 to FF through the commercials. We were catching up to the damn show by 9:30. So now we wait until 9:30 to start it up, and we still almost lap it.

Last night's episode was good overall but there was too much time wasted on crap I could care less about. Kate's backstory is BORING. I have no idea why the writers and producers think she's an interesting character. She isn't. She's basically just an irrational moron who killed someone in cold blood a few years back. And she makes things better by screwing up more people's lives?

Oh, and the couple scenes they sprinkled in with Locke felt completely tacked on and did nothing.

I'm just watching because I'm already invested in the show.

Last night's episode was good overall but there was too much time wasted on crap I could care less about.  Kate's backstory is BORING.  I have no idea why the writers and producers think she's an interesting character.  She isn't.  She's basically just an irrational moron who killed someone in cold blood a few years back.  And she makes things better by screwing up more people's lives?

The creators love the Kate character. Jack was originally supposed to die early in season one and she was going to be the "island leader".

You've got to admit the black smoke is intense. It seems to be the only threat that the survivors have no match for. Locke survived the grip of the smoke only because smokey let go. Eventually, there may be an antidote but until then what? And I have to wonder what kind of interactions the Others have had with the smoke. Could that be why the Others are on the second island? And where is Rousseau? Walt and Michael? The Others haven't spilled much of their plans. They only acknowledge that there are plans.

Waiting until February is not cool. ABC likes to overdo the micromanagement.

Last night's episode was pretty satisfying to watch, especially considering how sucky the first five episodes of this season have been.  I totally thought Jack was going to wimp out, and then he goes and cuts the kidney.

830921[/snapback]

As I'm seeing it, Jack saw Kate and Sawyer together and, not knowing they're on a seperate island (his plan is so going to backfire), he's forcing them to let Kate go. Note that he didn't say anything on the walkie-talkie about letting Sawyer go free.

The flashback was to show the similar situation... she loves a guy, thinks she's doing right and then realizes that she can't pretend to be the housewife and has to run. On the island, the circumstances are a little different: she's kind of being forced to run by Jack, who isn't aware of the whole situation. What I don't get is, how does he intend on getting away... or does he? Can't hide or go back to the deal Juliet tried to broker.

I am not sure if I will continue to watch every week. It seems easier and more rewarding to just rent the DVDs when they come out. The show is not as good as it used to be. I just don't look forward to it as much anymore.

830922[/snapback]

I don't think the show is any worse in terms of quality. The novelty has worn off (it wore off before S2 started). Like sex with the wife, it gets boring when it mostly stays the same and when you have to wait so long for it to happen (which is the point that so many people are indeed just waiting for the DVDs, it's better all in one shot). I wouldn't say this is the writers' fault. This is the nature of episodic television.

I do, however, think the time-change to 9 p.m. was bad for the show. Now when you start watching it, you're already a little drained/veg'ged. There was something so immediate when it was at 8.

Oh, and the couple scenes they sprinkled in with Locke felt completely tacked on and did nothing.

831070[/snapback]

Well, they had to include some resolution to Eko's death, and how to tie it in to Locke's story. The last thing I remember of that was the 'Jesus Stick' writing telling Locke to go north. Was that how it left off? I was distracted cooking dinner last night so I'd need to watch it again.

Waiting until February is not cool.  ABC likes to overdo the micromanagement.

831087[/snapback]

That's the only way they can catch up on the production; it takes something like 11 days to turnaround one episode. Would that they could snap their fingers and it's done, but it does take time and work to make the show.

Also, it's the only way to appease the people who said that jumping back and forth w/ the repeats was annoying and made following the story difficult.

This was the best situation/compromise that could happen in the real world. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

That's the only way they can catch up on the production; it takes something like 11 days to turnaround one episode. Would that they could snap their fingers and it's done, but it does take time and work to make the show.

Also, it's the only way to appease the people who said that jumping back and forth w/ the repeats was annoying and made following the story difficult.

This was the best situation/compromise that could happen in the real world. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

831113[/snapback]

Sure you can. You start the show when it will be ready to air every week.

Well, they had to include some resolution to Eko's death, and how to tie it in to Locke's story. The last thing I remember of that was the 'Jesus Stick' writing telling Locke to go north. Was that how it left off? I was distracted cooking dinner last night so I'd need to watch it again.

831106[/snapback]

Yeah, that's all that really happened. They also worked in some shots and lines for the "new" Flight 815 survivors Paulo and Party Girl (or whatever the hell their names are; it doesn't really matter because Arzt was instantly more likeable and interesting).

I really think they could have told the story of the first 7 season 3 episodes in 4-5 episodes if they weren't trying to drag things out for as long as possible.

Yeah, that's all that really happened.  They also worked in some shots and lines for the "new" Flight 815 survivors Paulo and Party Girl (or whatever the hell their names are; it doesn't really matter because Arzt was instantly more likeable and interesting).

I really think they could have told the story of the first 7 season 3 episodes in 4-5 episodes if they weren't trying to drag things out for as long as possible.

831202[/snapback]

True, that.

As I'm seeing it, Jack saw Kate and Sawyer together and, not knowing they're on a seperate island (his plan is so going to backfire), he's forcing them to let Kate go. Note that he didn't say anything on the walkie-talkie about letting Sawyer go free.

831106[/snapback]

Jack said to radio when they are safe. Kate and Sawyer both know that they are on a seperate island, so they won't radio until they are off that island. Kate will not leave without Sawyer, so I don't think Jack not mentioning him is a big deal.

....does anyone watch it anymore?

Shoot the messenger:

Talk about irony. ABC decided to give the drama "Lost" a three-month break this season because fans were upset with all the repeats that interrupted the suspense in the 2005-06 season.

And now fans are almost as upset with the plan as they were about WKBW-TV's annoying decision to run a weather crawl during Wednesday's fall finale that briefly muted the sound at a very important moment.

The "Lost" plan was designed to give viewers 16 uninterrupted original episodes starting with the February sweeps episodes. Until then, ABC will be filling the 9 p.m Wednesday slot with new episodes of "Day Break," a bizarre series that stars Rochester's charismatic Taye Diggs.

"Lost" may have started this season a little slowly, but the final two episodes of the fall certainly were loaded with suspense. The Nov. 1 death of Mr. Eko (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) sadly eliminated one of the show's more intriguing characters. The actor reportedly asked to be written out of the show because he was busy with other projects.

And Wednesday's fall finale ended with quite a cliffhanger. Dr. Jack (Matthew Fox) paused in the middle of an operation on the leader of the Others (Michael Emerson) in hopes of gaining the leverage to allow Kate (Evangeline Lilly) time to escape. Jack is unaware that Sawyer (Josh Holloway) was about to be killed and that Sawyer told Kate that there really is no escaping the island.

Viewers may dislike the 13-week pause for "Daybreak." But it may be just what this series needs to rekindle interest in an uneven season where it has lost many viewers. Wednesday's cliffhanger only had a 10.6 rating here.