DCMonkeyJumper, et al?

TPS

Nothing more than standard rebellion.

I wouldn't say out of touch.  More likely ignorant.  But in the end we'll be better off - as long as we don't see a clear Democrat majority in both Houses plus the Executive in two years.

830258[/snapback]

Which very well might happen! Did you see how many Senate seats the GOP has to defend in 2008? A lot more than Dems do. The executive race is wide open! But both parties will run moderates, or die. Who will GOP run?

Which very well might happen!

I hope not.

Did you see how many Senate seats the GOP has to defend in 2008? A lot more than Dems do.

I didn't, nor do I care. I'm proud to say I didn't watch a minute of election coverage.

The executive race is wide open! But both parties will run moderates, or die. Who will GOP run?

830261[/snapback]

I have no idea but it's going to be ugly. It's just the next step toward the inevitable fall of the Republic.

I look at these results, and my conclusion is:

America is so out of touch, so ignorant, that they (we) decide to elect the inept party to control the worse than inept party.

would u agree?

830253[/snapback]

Not entirely. I'd say the American public took a deep breath and said "Well, these guys are inept. Maybe the other guys can do better."

Because the American public has the attention span of a ferret on crystal meth. They tend to forget that there's a reason they voted the other !@#$s out of office, so they vote them back in.

Not entirely.  I'd say the American public took a deep breath and said "Well, these guys are inept.  Maybe the other guys can do better."

Because the American public has the attention span of a ferret on crystal meth.  They tend to forget that there's a reason they voted the other !@#$s out of office, so they vote them back in.

830292[/snapback]

was it as much "inept" as it was actions not following promises? I'm reminded more of Animal Farm than anything else. They got comfortable with power and decided it was more important than what got them there...

This was a party full of shooting political stars and now I can't find a single one that I want to run for the WH.

The Republican Party deserved to lose control of Congress, but the Democratic Party didn't deserve to gain control.

830379[/snapback]

the Dems will be the proverbial dog that caught the car. The chase was great, but now they have no idea what they are going to do with it.

the Dems will be the proverbial dog that caught the car.  The chase was great, but now they have no idea what they are going to do with it.

830386[/snapback]

I completely agree. I'd add that the Republicans haven't known what to do with it either these past six years. The prescription drug benefit? Ha! More federal spending? Who on earth within the Republican base wants that? Beyond the tax cut, it's not immediately clear the Republican Party has delivered any meaningful benefit to its base. And even the tax cut is a mirage, because it's coupled with federal spending increases. The government is consuming more than ever; we're just waiting until later to pay the bill.

was it as much "inept" as it was actions not following promises? I'm reminded more of Animal Farm than anything else.  They got comfortable with power and decided it was more important than what got them there...

This was a party full of shooting political stars and now I can't find a single one that I want to run for the WH.

830376[/snapback]

You know I was thinking about this. I suspect that after Jeb got his boy elected in Florida, and he's running a 70%+ favorable rating down there, it would not surprise me to see him be at least the VP on the ticket for 2008. Afterall he's now idle and may even likely make a run at it himself.

You know I was thinking about this.  I suspect that after Jeb got his boy elected in Florida, and he's running a 70%+ favorable rating down there, it would not surprise me to see him be at least the VP on the ticket for 2008.  Afterall he's now idle and may even likely make a run at it himself.

830674[/snapback]

No way the Republicans allow anyone with a last name of "Bush" on the ticket for a LONG time.

I would vote for Jeb in a heartbeat!  He seems to have done a great job in FL.  I agree that his last name will keep him off any ticket.

830765[/snapback]

After remaking the country in the image of Texas, we can remodel it with

Floridian art deco.