My state is full of retards...

SDS

to put in a dork from Baltimore City who hasn't done jack for that cesspool... ;) Well done Maryland - the state where political observers say that the state legislature is the most corrupt in the country. We put put Chicago to shame....

to put in a dork from Baltimore City who hasn't done jack for that cesspool...  :lol:  Well done Maryland - the state where political observers say that the state legislature is the most corrupt in the country.  We put put Chicago to shame....

828973[/snapback]

On behalf of the Daley's, I am offended! ;):wub: You got a dipsh*t. That's nothing compared to Illinois. Barring a miracle, Illinois idiots (i.e. Chicago machine) will re-elect Blago as Govenor.

This election reminds me too much of our last presidential election. You have an idiot as the incumbent. And the best the other party can do is throw up an even bigger idiot so they can assure themselves a loss. :lol:

On behalf of the Daley's, I am offended!  ;)  :lol:  You got a dipsh*t.  That's nothing compared to Illinois.  Barring a miracle, Illinois idiots (i.e. Chicago machine) will re-elect Blago as Govenor.

This election reminds me too much of our last presidential election.  You have an idiot as the incumbent.  And the best the other party can do is throw up an even bigger idiot so they can assure themselves a loss.  :lol:

828981[/snapback]

I had to do a project this summer where I created a plan for Blago's campaign.

The issue is that his opponent is such an idiot that he'll get reelected.

On behalf of the Daley's, I am offended!  ;)  :lol:  You got a dipsh*t.  That's nothing compared to Illinois.  Barring a miracle, Illinois idiots (i.e. Chicago machine) will re-elect Blago as Govenor.

This election reminds me too much of our last presidential election.  You have an idiot as the incumbent.  And the best the other party can do is throw up an even bigger idiot so they can assure themselves a loss.  :lol:

828981[/snapback]

But we have a governor that people LIKE. Our state has went from deep red (deficit) to black. He is smart, well-spoken and has done a good job. He has 60% approval rating in a state that is 2/3's democrat. So, we kick him out... It is hard enough to kick the BAD incumbents out - now we chuck the good ones that have cross party support????? unreal.

But we have a governor that people LIKE.  Our state has went from deep red (deficit) to black.  He is smart, well-spoken and has done a good job.  He has 60% approval rating in a state that is 2/3's democrat.  So, we kick him out... It is hard enough to kick the BAD incumbents out - now we chuck the good ones that have cross party support????? unreal.

828987[/snapback]

I agree with you. That blows big time. Chafey in RI can relate. He also had over a 60% aproval rating and he just got the boot.

Best explanation I can come up with is that people are dumb.

I agree with you.  That blows big time.  Chafey in RI can relate.  He also had over a 60% aproval rating and he just got the boot. 

828994[/snapback]

A lot of it has to do with approval polling as well. Lots of people don't know a lot about Senators/Governors and when are forced to make a decision, tend to be agreeable, which inflates approval rating numbers.

I had to do a project this summer where I created a plan for Blago's campaign.

The issue is that his opponent is such an idiot that he'll get reelected.

828986[/snapback]

Tell me about it. I don't know if I will ever be able to forgive former Gov. Jim Edgar for not running again. His office at the U of I is a couple blocks down the road from mine. I may go down there tomorrow and tell him I am disappointed in him ;) If he had run, this election wouldn't be a contest. Someone who can think on his feet compared to the scripted and corrupt idiot. Oh what could have been...

A lot of it has to do with approval polling as well.  Lots of people don't know a lot about Senators/Governors and when are forced to make a decision, tend to be agreeable, which inflates approval rating numbers.

828996[/snapback]

No argument there. Since I work at the U of I, I am all to familar with how Blago operates. ;)

I agree with you.  That blows big time.  Chafey in RI can relate.  He also had over a 60% aproval rating and he just got the boot. 

828994[/snapback]

Who says its not "Party first, Country second"?

But we have a governor that people LIKE.  Our state has went from deep red (deficit) to black.  He is smart, well-spoken and has done a good job.  He has 60% approval rating in a state that is 2/3's democrat.  So, we kick him out... It is hard enough to kick the BAD incumbents out - now we chuck the good ones that have cross party support????? unreal.

828987[/snapback]

Guess that approval ratings don't mean much. Go figure.

828994[/snapback]

Is pretty unfortunate. People chose a Democratic vote in the Senate over one of its finer statesmen and more rational voices. I do think there should be more of a counter to the presidency and a Dem Senate could provide that in a more uniform way; that said, it's too bad a guy like Chaffee should have to be the one to go for that to (possibly) happen. I hope he continues the good work somewhere in gov't as an appointed official or as an advocate.

Would you rather live in a state that re-elected a comptroller who steals taxpayer money?

829234[/snapback]

People should be forced to pass a test before they just go in and pull all the levers for a Democrat or a Republican because they don't know any better/

828994[/snapback]

So, I am thinking this is indicitve that some of those people in the "liberal media" have been getting criticized for reporting (the "voters have spoken", "voters sending a message to the president") may not be that far off?

I believe people are pretty dumb in general (I visit TSW regualarly!), and get exactly what they ask for. Those elections mentioned (Chafey, Blago) could just indicate that people in those states are fed up with the Republican party (as represented by the president) as a whole, not necessarily the individual candidates. It seems pretty dumb on the surface, I completely agree. But in the end, it is an effective way of changing the status quo, if that is what they want to do.

But we have a governor that people LIKE.  Our state has went from deep red (deficit) to black.  He is smart, well-spoken and has done a good job.  He has 60% approval rating in a state that is 2/3's democrat. 

828987[/snapback]

Jeeziz, Scott, didn't you know that when Ehrlich served in Congress, he supported Bush 90 percent of time?!?!? And that Bush lied?!?!?! :D