Who?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Byron Leftwitch
    • Jake Plummer
    • Trent Green
    • Chris Simms
    • Matt Schaub

If J.P. Losman doesn't work out and the Bills decide they need a new QB now, which of these men would work the most?

- Matt Schaub is a RFA and the Falcons would have to bow out of a bidding war or trade him.

- Byron Leftwitch I feel could be traded or cut with the way David Garrard is playing.

- Ditto for Trent Green and Damon Huard.

- Jay Cutler wasn't drafted at #11 to sit forever (especially with how much fans want him). Anything short of a Super Bowl spells the end for Jake "The Snake" in Denver IMO.

- Chris Simms is an UFA. IMO he hasn't looked much better than Losman and will be coming off of the horrific spleen injury. But he has shown flashes of his good genes and college stardom.

Honestly, I couldn't really complain with any of them competing with Nall next season.

From that list I think I like Shaub. Really, when given the chance, he's done pretty well.

This is from the Falcons web site.

2005 Season (Falcons)

Saw action in all 16 games with one start and completed 33 of 64 passes for 495 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions. Also rushed nine times for 76 yards (8.4 avg.).

Played in fourth quarter for an injured Vick at Seattle (9/18) and converted a two-point conversion to TE Alge Crumpler.

Entered the contest vs. Minnesota (10/2) with eight minutes remaining in the second quarter because of an injury to Vick (knee) and completed 5 of 14 passes for 39 yards. Also rushed four times for 56 yards.

Made second career start vs. New England (10/9) in place of Vick (knee) and completed 18 of 34 passes for 298 yards with three touchdowns. Posted career-highs in completions, yards and touchdown passses and finished the game with a 112.1 passer rating. Led fourth quarter comeback from 15-point defecit to tie the game at 28-28 with four minutes remaining.

Saw action in the fourth quarter vs. New Orleans (12/12) and completed 1 of 2 passes with the only completion being a 48-yard pass to Crumpler, which set up a K Todd Peterson field goal.

Played in the second half vs. Carolina (1/1) and completed 9 of 13 passes for 110 yards with one touchdown. Also converted second two-point conversion of the season as he connected with WR Brian Finneran.

From that list I think I like Shaub. Really, when given the chance, he's done pretty well.

This is from the Falcons web site.

2005 Season (Falcons)

Saw action in all 16 games with one start and completed 33 of 64 passes for 495 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions. Also rushed nine times for 76 yards (8.4 avg.).

Played in fourth quarter for an injured Vick at Seattle (9/18) and converted a two-point conversion to TE Alge Crumpler.

Entered the contest vs. Minnesota (10/2) with eight minutes remaining in the second quarter because of an injury to Vick (knee) and completed 5 of 14 passes for 39 yards. Also rushed four times for 56 yards.

Made second career start vs. New England (10/9) in place of Vick (knee) and completed 18 of 34 passes for 298 yards with three touchdowns. Posted career-highs in completions, yards and touchdown passses and finished the game with a 112.1 passer rating. Led fourth quarter comeback from 15-point defecit to tie the game at 28-28 with four minutes remaining.

Saw action in the fourth quarter vs. New Orleans (12/12) and completed 1 of 2 passes with the only completion being a 48-yard pass to Crumpler, which set up a K Todd Peterson field goal.

Played in the second half vs. Carolina (1/1) and completed 9 of 13 passes for 110 yards with one touchdown. Also converted second two-point conversion of the season as he connected with WR Brian Finneran.

828797[/snapback]

Doesn't sound any better than RJ in Jacksonville + according to scouting reports out of college, he has a weak arm.

Here's PFW's comments on arm strength:

"Lacks the arm strength to drive ball downfield. Deep balls tend to hang rather than turn over."

Draft Insiders Digest:

" Matt is a big passer who lacks a cannon for an arm, but shows fine accuracy and timing in the short and intermediate passing game...He is a fine passer with only adequate arm strength and mobility...As a passer, he needs work on the deep game where his accuracy falls substantially compared to the shorter game."

HE PLAYS IN A DOME!!!!

Please please, just give it up already on this guy. Every time I see a "get Schaub" post, I want to throw up!

HE PLAYS IN A DOME!!!!

Please please, just give it up already on this guy.  Every time I see a "get Schaub" post, I want to throw up!

828811[/snapback]

Never said to give up on Losman. But it couldnt hurt to have a competent qb in camp could it? I mean, Losman was given the job unconditionally last season so why not give the guy some competition for once? Just because he was a #1 pick doesnt mean we have to be married to the guy for more than a couple seasons. And niether Holcomb or Nall can be considered decent starting qb candidates imho.

Never said to give up on Losman. But it couldnt hurt to have a competent qb in camp could it? I mean, Losman was given the job unconditionally last season so why not give the guy some competition for once? Just because he was a #1 pick doesnt mean we have to be married to the guy for more than a couple seasons. And niether Holcomb or Nall can be considered decent starting qb candidates imho.

828822[/snapback]

I never said to keep JP in my post. I don't know what to do with JP yet.

But if you had to give up 2 #1s & a lot of $ to bring in Schaub, who may not have enough of an arm outside of a dome or warm weather city, it certainly would hurt this team.

Doesn't sound any better than RJ in Jacksonville + according to scouting reports out of college, he has a weak arm.   

Here's PFW's comments on arm strength:

"Lacks the arm strength to drive ball downfield.  Deep balls tend to hang rather than turn over."

Draft Insiders Digest:

" Matt is a big passer who lacks a cannon for an arm, but shows fine accuracy and timing in the short and intermediate passing game...He is a fine passer with only adequate arm strength and mobility...As a passer, he needs work on the deep game where his accuracy falls substantially compared to the shorter game."

HE PLAYS IN A DOME!!!!

Please please, just give it up already on this guy.  Every time I see a "get Schaub" post, I want to throw up!

828811[/snapback]

he is the real deal, you give it up.

Get Schaub!

That's a scary list and makes me want to give Losman next year to prove himself, too.

828792[/snapback]

When it's laid out this plainly I completely agree with you. What an abysmal list of veterans. Green is too old, Plummer just plain sucks, Schaub is very much unproven, Leftwich just plain sucks etc etc.

Every choice here would be a step backwards.

I never said to keep JP in my post.  I don't know what to do with JP yet. 

But if you had to give up 2 #1s & a lot of $ to bring in Schaub, who may not have enough of an arm outside of a dome or warm weather city, it certainly would hurt this team.

828840[/snapback]

Sorry, I thought the guy was a UFA. Didnt know he would cost that much. No, I wouldnt give up 2 #1s for him. On a side note. I think I would rather have him than Vick from the Falcons.

I'd lean toward Plummer in that list. Until the Bills have an offensive line that can protect the QB better, they have to have a mobile QB. Plummer's the only one on that list that shows much. Leftwich is smart and has a great arm, but he's a statue.