JP Naysayers tell me his problems vs. GB

AnthonyF

How do you know?  The only ones who know if he called a audible are the coaches and the players on the field.  That's impossible for a fan to know, that's why it has not been mentioned.

828024[/snapback]

It's easy to tell when a QB changes a play, that's why the announcers usually mention it or you can tell when the formation changes or the QB looks at his wideouts and is clearly trying to communicate somethign to them. JP tends to stare straight ahead before the snap.

I say let him run, too. The kid throws a good ball when he rolls out, and he's got some wheels. Maybe instead of teaching him to stay in the pocket, teach him to slide and get out of bounds instead of taking a hit like he's had a tendency to do in the past.

Quit trying to harness his game....he's got other aspects to it, so let's put them to use.

827787[/snapback]

Teat milker? That's what you're getting paid for? :blink:

What suction device are you using? The right side of our O-line would qualify.

It's easy to tell when a QB changes a play, that's why the announcers usually mention it or you can tell when the formation changes or the QB looks at his wideouts and is clearly trying to communicate somethign to them.  JP tends to stare straight ahead before the snap.

828041[/snapback]

It's not easy dude. Any coach will tell you that unless you know the play called in tough to know if it was changed or not. There may be some obvious formation changes, but maybe it was designed that way? When Payton Manning is at the line of scrimmage, he's talking constantly. But only his teamates know if he's changing the play or just trying to confuse the defense. Sometimes he's calling out formations that have nothing to do with the play. The average fan may think they know, but unless you know the original play, they truly never will.

I would take the NON QB vick over this QB Losman anyday. While Vick "took so long to develop" he still helped his team win and make the playoffs. Largely off of his legs. LET JP RUN!

827784[/snapback]

Vick also had a better all around team

If just letting Vick run was a good choice, why are they now trying to change him and teach him to stay in the pocket and make passes?

I would rather take the lumps now and see JP learn how to be a more complete QB with the threat of taking off on a run if a play breaks down, then wait 5 years and try to fix it then.

The problem with JP not being the QB of the future is what the heck do we do in the draft next year? Draft Quinn and start over again? I contend, with many here, that the Oline is the problem and we must draft Oline (a la jets last year) and get some foundation players for the next five years.

JP may not be the future but we are debating the wrong part of the team, we should be asking who the future Oline is and then fix our QB situation. One cannot succeed without the other, yet all we have tried to fix is the QB since Kelly.

Vick also had a better all around team

If just letting Vick run was a good choice, why are they now trying to change him and teach him to stay in  the pocket and make passes?

I would rather take the lumps now and see JP learn how to be a more complete QB with the threat of taking off on a run if a play breaks down, then wait 5 years and try to fix it then.

828092[/snapback]

The only person Vick had was Algae Crumpler. THUS WHY he had to run constantly.

The problem with JP not being the QB of the future is what the heck do we do in the draft next year?  Draft Quinn and start over again?  I contend, with many here, that the Oline is the problem and we must draft Oline (a la jets last year) and get some foundation players for the next five years.

JP may not be the future but we are debating the wrong part of the team, we should be asking who the future Oline is and then fix our QB situation.  One cannot succeed without the other, yet all we have tried to fix is the QB since Kelly.

828498[/snapback]

Therein lies the problem. If the coaches decide JP is not the answer and cut him... then what? We're screwed. There are few, if any, viable free agents. And if you draft someone, including the Almighty Quinn, you're right back to where we are with JP.

The league is littered with backups that play for a game or 2 or 3 and look great, but never cut it when given a chance as a starter. So, guys like Shaub are by no means a sure thing - even if we can get them to sign with us. And there are far, far fewer draft choices that produce in their first year.

Hence, I think we are seeing forced patience by the coaches, because they know the best thing is to hang on to JP and hopefully he pans out - even if that takes another year. Quite honestly, I'll be very surprised if we have a different QB next year. Just imagine this board when JP isn't cut the day after the season ends. It's gonna be great.

He can't read a defense to save his life. A good NFL Qb can scan the field, read the defense, read his checkdowns...all the while feeling and avoiding pressure or stepping up in the pocket to make a throw. It's all done within 3 or so seconds and some just have that crazy knack for being great at it. I can understand why many feel the Bills Oline is complete garbage but I've tivo'd every game and they have given JP decent time on many passing plays that amount to nothing.

He can't read a defense to save his life.  A good NFL Qb can scan the field, read the defense, read his checkdowns...all the while feeling and avoiding pressure or stepping up in the pocket to make a throw.  It's all done within 3 or so seconds and some just have that crazy knack for being great at it.  I can understand why many feel the Bills Oline is complete garbage but I've tivo'd every game and they have given JP decent time on many passing plays that amount to nothing.

828899[/snapback]

I dont believe anyone is saying JP is perfect, and has made no mistakes. While I AGREE with what you say with the exception of reading defenses. I just dont enough information on what limits the coaching staff has him as far as changing the plays.

I believe, due to the fact of using the TE and RB to help block, he doesnt have a lot of options to check down to..... hopefully as the season goes on this version of the OL improve. .....Then this will change and we can get more screens and quick slants to help out.