Interesting patterns/topics to emerge from this...

Just a few thoughts:

- Get ready to hear about Losman needing to be benched about 10x more than we ever have before

- Clements took away 14 points away from the Packers. One TD when he tipped a ball on a streaking Packer WR and another TD when he tipped the ball that Simspon INT'd in the endzone.

- Its good to see that we have a very capable RB if McGahee goes out. I am a McGahee fan, but I must admit. A-train ran well. 17 attempts for 84 yards and a TD. Average of about 5 yards/carry.

- Brett Favre needs to retire. Not because he totally sucks now ... simply because its sad to see legends tainting a great career by not retiring when they should.

Just a few thoughts:

- Get ready to hear about Losman needing to be benched about 10x more than we ever have before

- Clements took away 14 points away from the Packers. One TD when he tipped a ball on a streaking Packer WR and another TD when he tipped the ball that Simspon INT'd in the endzone.

- Its good to see that we have a very capable RB if McGahee goes out. I am a McGahee fan, but I must admit. A-train ran well. 17 attempts for 84 yards and a TD. Average of about 5 yards/carry.

- Brett Favre needs to retire. Not because he totally sucks now ... simply because its sad to see legends tainting a great career by not retiring when they should.

825570[/snapback]

Imagine if the Bills had found a way to lose? Then the talk to bench Losman would be even greater.

Good point on Favre - its sad to see a legend falter like that, but even in his "old" age, he did look better than JP... overall

I really expected a better game from the offense and was really surprised we were outplayed so badly for 3+ Qtrs.

I've defended Willis this year as well but I don't see us losing much w/ A-train. Am I bitter just because I have WM on my fantasy team - or should he have scored on that 9 yard run before he was hurt? Also, I don't know if he would've scored on A-train's TD. Also, great job by the FOX research department: "first TD since 2004" - that's interesting I was pretty sure he he scored in Foxboro this year.

Imagine if the Bills had found a way to lose?  Then the talk to bench Losman would be even greater.

Good point on Favre - its sad to see a legend falter like that, but even in his "old" age, he did look better than JP... overall

825653[/snapback]

was it my imagination or is SPIKES looking like he is washed up

The A-train actually finished with 95 yards. He was a man out there.

That said, I do think you have to credit the left side of the Bills line. Peters and Gandy did a pretty good job opening things up for him. They still can't pass block very well, but that will take a few more games before we really know.

As for the right side of the line....yikes. Villarial looked like the rookie out there. Pennington? Didn't look like he pass blocked very well, but I can't say anything about his run blocking because I believe about 90% of our runs were to the left.

Butler was in at RT at the end of the game. Not sure what that means.

was it my imagination  or is SPIKES looking like  he is washed up

825660[/snapback]

Please, enough with the Spikes comments. It takes a long time to come back from an injury like his. He probably won't be back to his usual form until next year, although he may never get back to form. But it's foolish to give up on him before then.

Just a few thoughts:

825570[/snapback]

I must admit. Clements had a good game today. Did anyone else also notice they moved the corners around today rather than letting Driver continually line up against out weakest DB?

I really expected a better game from the offense and was really surprised we were outplayed so badly for 3+ Qtrs. 

I've defended Willis this year as well but I don't see us losing much w/ A-train.  Am I bitter just because I have WM on my fantasy team - or should he have scored on that 9 yard run before he was hurt?  Also, I don't know if he would've scored on A-train's  TD.  Also, great job by the FOX research department: "first TD since 2004" - that's interesting I was pretty sure he he scored in Foxboro this year.

825659[/snapback]

A-Train had (I believe) a 19 yard TD against the Patriots in the 1st game of the year.

825660[/snapback]

:unsure:

I must admit.  Clements had a good game today.  Did anyone else also notice they moved the corners around today rather than letting Driver continually line up against out weakest DB?

825668[/snapback]

:P

I must admit.  Clements had a good game today.  Did anyone else also notice they moved the corners around today rather than letting Driver continually line up against out weakest DB?

825668[/snapback]

I did notice that....

and GB adjusted by moving Driver into the slot alot more in the 2nd half......

GB trying to get Driver away from Clements....yet Clements is terrible to most on this board....

I did notice that....

GB trying to get Driver away from Clements....yet Clements is terrible to most on this board....

825706[/snapback]

I'm not sure most people said he was terrible, just that he didn't deserve the huge paycheck he wanted. I was one of those. However, if they keep him moving and he plays like this for the rest of the season, I'll completely change my mind.

He had a great game and was definitely one of the key reasons we won the game. Although, on the negative, he did give a big cushion an awful lot.

Yes, Clements stepped it up today and looked like he was a good CB this game, still doesn't take away from the first half of the season where he played subpar. Hopefully he improves with each coming game and the Bills losk him up, but not after this one game. No one is saying he can't play, just that so far the past year and a half, he has not shown that he is the best in the league and deserves to be payed like the best.

Just a few thoughts:

825570[/snapback]

Clements good play for the first time this year showed up on the final score. It was great to see. Hopefully it continues and we can get a contract with him done.

I agree wholeheartedly about atrain. It's great to see and hopefully if/when willis comes back we can have a solid 1-2 punch. Give defenses different looks and pound the run, especially with an struggling oline and qb.

I agree. Not that he's awful, but it's just time to move on. Sadly he'll stick around till after he breaks Marinos td record.

Also Id like to see the playbook opened up a little more. Take some more shots down the field. Substained drives with a new scheme, bad oline, struggling qb are not going to be one of our strengths. Try to take the pressure off by letting losman take more shots down the field. We have the speed at wr. Use it.

I also believe as the season winds down we'll begin to see the defense improve big time, giving us a solid core to look foward too in the future. Defenses generally mature faster then offenses. I expect the bills to be no different in that regard.

825660[/snapback]

Spikes is playing that Posey role in which he doesn't make many spectacular plays but since he is guarding the TE a lot and few passes are thrown his way and he is not asked to blitz he will make few game changing plays. The only play he really made was when he almost intercepted a Favre pass to the FB.

"first TD since 2004" - that's interesting I was pretty sure he he scored in Foxboro this year.

825659[/snapback]

OK i thought i was going crazy when they said that. I knew he scored against NE. Maybe they meant his first touchdown on FOX since 2004

I did notice that....

825706[/snapback]

He played 10x better today than he has the rest of the season, but one good game does not make clements a top DB in this league. In fact until he puts together a few more of these games i still have no problem letting him walk as there are many more areas that need to be addressed on this team before the DBs. Like putting together a good set of lines, as a good d-line will make average DBs look better. Just look at what bruce did for Nate Odomes, thomas smith and Jeff Burris ets.

825570[/snapback]

He is the greatest player I've ever had the privilege of seeing. He may not be what he was, but I'll excuse that.

825653[/snapback]

When was that exactly? Was it when he threw that ball to Fletcher for the TD? Or maybe it was on the ball that Clements tipped away on first and goal (!) that ended up icing the game.

Sorry, JP looked pretty pathetic out there most of the day but no way Favre had a better day.