Rashad Baker is available

SACKMARINO

Don't we already have a surfeit of safeties?

They're trying to fit Bowen into the picture now that he's recovered. Same as when he was first cut, there just doesn't seem to be a spot to put him. I liked his hard-hitting style, but teams don't generally do this kind of re-signing, barring holes created by injuries.

Don't we already have a surfeit of safeties?

They're trying to fit Bowen into the picture now that he's recovered. Same as when he was first cut, there just doesn't seem to be a spot to put him. I liked his hard-hitting style, but teams don't generally do this kind of re-signing, barring holes created by injuries.

824547[/snapback]

just like they did by bringing J. Leonhard back when Vincent went down, i know Baker was ahead of Leonhard on the depth chart...but leonhard can (attempt to) return punts, and he's already here so i doubt it.

Baker's special teams ability was among one of the best on last years roster. I woudn't mind trimming some of the fat off of this team and re-signing a guy like Baker. After all he did come up big for the Bills when they played the Vikings.

Not necessarily.  Coy Wire might not be good a storng Safety anymore, but he's really good on special teams which is the only thing the Bills are good at.

824622[/snapback]

Coy isn't good anymore? When did this good play take place? :w00t:

The Vikings have the 26th ranked D against the Pass......we are 14th. Why would we want to sign a guy who is not good enough to stay with them?

It seems to me that if you play for the Bills, Bills fans want to run you out of town.....if you used to play for the Bills, Bills fans think you must be good. :w00t:

Baker's special teams ability was among one of the best on last years roster. I woudn't mind trimming some of the fat off of this team and re-signing a guy like Baker. After all he did come up big for the Bills when they played the Vikings.

824617[/snapback]

Are you joking? ;) Wire is a much better special teams player Baker.

I can't understand the love afair with Baker. He just got cut in mid-season.

Maybe that substantiates our staffs decision in the first place?