Another Legacy Of Conservative Revolution

I didn't give a dime, I think my government should pay for it. That's one reason I'm voting Democrat. I think they will fully fund cancer research. That might save my life some time in the future, or yours, for that matter.

There is an old joke that a Conservative is a liberal who has gotten mubbed. I'm sure if you get cancer you will agree with my postion on cancer funding. If not, then you are simply a useful idiot of the right.

827317[/snapback]

"If you don't agree with me, either your opinion doesn't matter or you are an idiot".

At least the other people on this forum only imply that. :flirt:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't give a dime, I think my government should pay for it. That's one reason I'm voting Democrat. I think they will fully fund cancer research. That might save my life some time in the future, or yours, for that matter.

There is an old joke that a Conservative is a liberal who has gotten mubbed. I'm sure if you get cancer you will agree with my postion on cancer funding. If not, then you are simply a useful idiot of the right.

827317[/snapback]

Tell that to everyone who recieves some type of treatment for heart ailments. A large portion of heart research is funded by the American Heart Association. Their resources come from...<drum roll>

100% private donors.

These private donors are currently supporting my research in grad school.

827317[/snapback]

It's not my responsibility to pay for cancer research. :wub:

If I choose to donate, I will. :flirt:

827317[/snapback]

Wow, you truly are a piece of work.

It's truly heartening to see that for a cause you feel so strongly about, you don't pony up a single dime directly out of your own pocket.

Where exactly do you expect "your" government to get the money to pay for this research that you want to see happen? You do realize that every single penny the government spends has come from either a tax already collected or one to be collected in the future?

What exactly do you consider "fully fund(ing)" cancer research? Does the US government need to spend $100B, $200B, $1T? Should the US be paying for French and Japanese researchers working outside the US in order to "fully fund" the research. Why shouldn't private money be involved? Is it because the government is so successful at efficiently providing funding to other industries, that they should be expected to solely pick the "winners" in medical advances as well?

827317[/snapback]

Holy fuggin' hell. This is a joke right? So it's 100% the government's job to make sure we all live forever?

Tell that to everyone who recieves some type of treatment for heart ailments. A large portion of heart research is funded by the American Heart Association. Their resources come from...<drum roll>

100% private donors.

These private donors are currently supporting my research in grad school.

827325[/snapback]

Deceptive post, the federal government does provide funds for heart health research. The AHA isn't the only one doing research in that area. Try and write the whole truth, half truths are half lies

Wow, you truly are a piece of work.

It's truly heartening to see that for a cause you feel so strongly about, you don't pony up a single dime directly out of your own pocket.

Where exactly do you expect "your" government to get the money to pay for this research that you want to see happen?  You do realize that every single penny the government spends has come from either a tax already collected or one to be collected in the future?

What exactly do you consider "fully fund(ing)" cancer research?  Does the US government need to spend $100B, $200B, $1T?  Should the US be paying for French and Japanese researchers working outside the US in order to "fully fund" the research.  Why shouldn't private money be involved?  Is it because the government is so successful at efficiently providing funding to other industries, that they should be expected to solely pick the "winners" in medical advances as well?

827348[/snapback]

OMG!!! We might have to raise taxes to save lives??? Imagine that! The horror! Hey, I am paying in part for the $8 billion a month swindle that is Iraq. I don't want to but I have no choice. That might cost two trillion when its all over. If we can afford to simply flush that much money away and not raise taxes we can spend more on medical research. And I think its wrong to have these organizations that are saving--yes saving because of their discoveries--the lives of my family, myself and you begging for money from the public. Fully fund them the way we do the military, or else cut military funding and let them beg for it with telethons and such. The Jerry Lewis Iraq War telethon! Oh ya baby!

OMG!!! We might have to raise taxes to save lives??? Imagine that! The horror! Hey, I am paying in part for the $8 billion a month swindle that is Iraq. I don't want to but I have no choice. That might cost two trillion when its all over. If we can afford to simply flush that much money away and not raise taxes we can spend more on medical research. And I think its wrong to have these organizations that are saving--yes saving because of their discoveries--the lives of my family, myself and you begging for money from the public. Fully fund them the way we do the military, or else cut military funding and let them beg for it with telethons and such. The Jerry Lewis Iraq War telethon! Oh ya baby!

827388[/snapback]

Thank you for answering my questions. :flirt:

I guess next time I ask you questions I'll have to use REALLY small words. :wub:

My life, my families and your life, too. Do you love a fraction of your fuggin money more than your life?

Take off the blinders

827391[/snapback]

That's why I have saved the money I have and I have health insurance. I take responsibility for myself. I rely on no one and it's pretty scary that you're relying 100% on somebody else. How about your retirement? How much of that should be paid for by the government?

That's why I have saved the money I have and I have health insurance.  I take responsibility for myself.  I rely on no one and it's pretty scary that you're relying 100% on somebody else.  How about your retirement?  How much of that should be paid for by the government?

827411[/snapback]

What an incredibly stupid post! Health insurance won't save you from a disease they haven't found a cure for yet!!! :flirt: No one just relies on themselves. You live in society, a complex society. You grow your own food? Make your own clothes?

I'll take care of my own retirement and probably accept what pension, Soc Sec I can get, but don't worry buddy, I'll be fine.

What an incredibly stupid post! Health insurance won't save you from a disease they haven't found a cure for yet!!!  :flirt: No one just relies on themselves. You live in society, a complex society. You grow your own food? Make your own clothes? 

I'll take care of my own retirement and probably accept what pension, Soc Sec I can get, but don't worry buddy, I'll be fine.

827417[/snapback]

How old are you?

What an incredibly stupid post! Health insurance won't save you from a disease they haven't found a cure for yet!!!  :flirt: No one just relies on themselves. You live in society, a complex society. You grow your own food? Make your own clothes? 

827417[/snapback]

No I don't grow my own food nor make my own clothes. But last I checked neither does the government. To tell you the truth, one of the biggest problems facing this world is overpopulation. Find a cure to cancer/disease and we can link this thread into the one regarding the end of civilization on OTW.

You do realize you're a communist don't you. :wub:

That's why I have saved the money I have and I have health insurance.  I take responsibility for myself.  I rely on no one and it's pretty scary that you're relying 100% on somebody else.  How about your retirement?  How much of that should be paid for by the government?

827411[/snapback]

Jim, you'll have to use smaller words when you ask him questions. His reading comprehension appears to be roughly equivalent to BF's.

Ya, for wanting the government to fully fund cancer research I'm a communist. Not surprising, really. Right wing sheep like you always fall back on that silly argument. A useful idiot, you are

827461[/snapback]

Wow, bug up your ass huh? Explain to me why it is the government's responsibility to fund cancer research. Do you want it done right?

Hey look, its a Conservative cluster fok! Not surprising they don't have anything of substance to say. Like I said, useful idiots ya are

827466[/snapback]

We've said it. The government is the worste entity to fund anything. You have yet to provide a useful arguement as to why they should.

I didn't give a dime, I think my government should pay for it. That's one reason I'm voting Democrat. I think they will fully fund cancer research.

Define fully funding. BTW, when your boyfriend Bill Clinton was President, AIDS was funded at about 6 times the rate of cancer, despite the fact that about 20 times as many people suffer from cancer than from AIDS. Because that was the fear monger issue of that day - brought to you by the terminally moronic.

That might save my life some time in the future, or yours, for that matter. 

I sincerely hope that they don't save your life. The gene pool needs some chlorine and cancer may be as good a ticket as any. Take it personally. Really.

827317[/snapback]

Mubbed? WTF is that?

I will never, under any circumstances, believe the government should fund research. That is not their role, nor should it be. Cancer research would see alot more money from the private sector if the average American wasn't being taxed at nearly 50% of every dollar they make. We can debate that figure, but you won't be informed enough to actually add anything to the conversation.

It's people like you that absolutely guarantee that this country will be bankrupt in the not too distant future, for you have no understanding of the sheer amount of waste, graft, and corruption and instead actually believe the thieves who spend their days figuring out how to exploit your stupidity for their gain.

Good job, lemming. The two party system owes its entire existance to the ignorance of you and those like you.

We've said it.  The government is the worste entity to fund anything.  You have yet to provide a useful arguement as to why they should.

827473[/snapback]

Sorry, its obvious you follow the Rush Limbo line that the government can't do anything right, except fight wars. Chuckle. That is all I'll say because you hold such a childish notion of how the world works. Most Americans correctly believe that the government should fund this. It's morally the right thing to do. If that makes too much sense to you I will understand.

Sorry, its obvious you follow the Rush Limbo line that the government can't do anything right, except fight wars. Chuckle.  That is all I'll say because you hold such a childish notion of how the world works. Most Americans correctly believe that the government should fund this. It's morally the right thing to do. If that makes too much sense to you I will understand.

827488[/snapback]

I follow Rush. :wub: The government has shown time and time again that it can't handle money resposibly...including wars you nimrod. Most Americans agree with you? Can you provide any support of that? Having the government fund cancer research is the moral thing to do? :flirt: If you feel so strongly about the government taking care of you from cradle to grave, why are you funding your own retirement?

Sorry, its obvious you follow the Rush Limbo line that the government can't do anything right, except fight wars. Chuckle.  That is all I'll say because you hold such a childish notion of how the world works. Most Americans correctly believe that the government should fund this. It's morally the right thing to do. If that makes too much sense to you I will understand.

827488[/snapback]

I'm still not clear on why it's the government's responsibility to look out for your health... :flirt:

I don't suppose you can tell us specifically what, out of NCI's $5B budget, was actually cut, can you? "Cancer research" is pretty vague - ignorantly vague, as a matter of fact.