Patriots Have A Free Invitation

The Patriots could go on cruise control for the next 2 years and probably still win at least 10 games. They have 6 more easy wins this year giving them a minimum of 11-5 record. Is there really anyone even close to taking the division from these guys? No. Very disturbing. Maroney will stomp us for the next 5 years so that should be pretty fun. Unless there is an injury to Tom Brady, :devil: it will continue to be ugly in the AFC East.

Maroney will stomp us for the next 5 years so that should be pretty fun. Unless there is an injury to Tom Brady, :devil: it will continue to be ugly in the AFC East.

820374[/snapback]

And we know Marooney will stomp us for the next 5 years How? Because of his rookie season against our putrid run defence?

NE is beatable unfortunatly this year the rest of the AFC is still rebuilding. But the Jets are looking pretty good, and Buffalo is starting to get pieces together to become good again. I wouldn't be surprised to see an AFC East team give NE a run for its money next season.

And we know Marooney will stomp us for the next 5 years How? Because of his rookie season against our putrid run defence?

NE is beatable unfortunatly this year the rest of the AFC is still rebuilding. But the Jets are looking pretty good, and Buffalo is starting to get pieces together to become good again. I wouldn't be surprised to see an AFC East team give NE a run for its money next season.

820380[/snapback]

Because good running backs in the AFC East have been demolishing us for years now (Williams, Martin, anyone on the Patriots. Obviously upgrading the lines with scrap metal seems to be the Buffalo way.

It may have been the Buffalo way, but is it the Marv way? now that he is running the show, things may be different, nothing is a trend anymore until it Marv starts doing it too. Maybe Marv spend this offseason only bringing in linemen on both sides of the ball. Its no guarantee that next year the Bills may not have a decent team that is able to compete with NE.

820380[/snapback]

The Jets? Are you kidding me? They were the worst 4-3 team in the NFL before losing to a disgusting CLE team. Now they're the worst 4-4 team in the NFL. I mean, come one, *we* almost beat them. They let R. Drough.. look like Jim Brown and the only reason they were in the game at the end was because 1. CLE is awful and 2. they had a KR for a TD

NE's gotta love playing in this DIV...

Dude - step away from the ledge. You never know what can happen in a year - let alone two or five. Get a friggin grip.

The Patriots could go on cruise control for the next 2 years and probably still win at least  10 games. They have 6 more easy wins this year giving them a minimum of 11-5 record. Is there really anyone even close to taking the division from these guys? No.  Very disturbing. Maroney will stomp us for the next 5 years so that should be pretty fun. Unless there is an injury to Tom Brady, :devil: it will continue to be ugly in the AFC East.

820374[/snapback]

Dude - step away from the ledge. You never know what can happen in a year - let alone two or five. Get a friggin grip.

820456[/snapback]

Ceding more than one season at a time is silly in this day and age. That doing so with the Bills in 2000 would have worked for the next 6 years is a result of management's complete failure to put together a solid team. This is not normal for the NFL.

I DO wish, however, that Wilson had allowed the Bills to be placed in the AFC North instead of Baltimore. Not because it would be much easier, but because the Bills would benefit from more out of town fans and also more opportunities to see the team in cities within drivable distances.

I DO wish, however, that Wilson had allowed the Bills to be placed in the AFC North instead of Baltimore. Not because it would be much easier, but because the Bills would benefit from more out of town fans and also more opportunities to see the team in cities within drivable distances.

820472[/snapback]

YES, YES, YES, YES, AMEN

you know, i never really allowed myself to think like this but the other 3 teams do look to have very little hope of being any good for the next year or two.

The Jets 4 wins have come against teams which, before yesterday, had a combined 6 wins. They're easily the worst 4-win team in the NFL.

The point needs to be made though that no one would have ever seen the Pat's fortunes turning prior to '01. Anything can happen.

820380[/snapback]

Maybe because the Pats are the master holders on Oline and no one can get pressure on the chosen one

The Patriots could go on cruise control for the next 2 years and probably still win at least  10 games. They have 6 more easy wins this year giving them a minimum of 11-5 record. Is there really anyone even close to taking the division from these guys? No.  Very disturbing. Maroney will stomp us for the next 5 years so that should be pretty fun. Unless there is an injury to Tom Brady, :devil: it will continue to be ugly in the AFC East.

820374[/snapback]

Spending a little time in the time machine huh?

Man, Theismann's such an idiot.  He's acting like an interception on 3rd down 40 yards down the field is a disaster.

820676[/snapback]

That guy is an idiot when he doesn't say a word (which I doubt ever happens).

Spending a little time in the time machine huh?

820688[/snapback]

I really don't think anyone needs a time machine to see how many worlds apart the Patriots are from the rest of the AFC East. Did you happen to catch last night's game? What's going to happen when the Pats go through another draft and free agency - ECHOooooooooooooo

If you're being honest, there is no way.

820898[/snapback]

Why not? The Saints turned it around pretty quickly

It only takes a couple players in FA, a good draft and a couple of the existing players to finally turn it up a notch to take a bad team and make them competitive. It happens all the time in the NFL. Teams turn it around all the time.

But I guess having your negative attitude towards everything it is impossible for the Bills to do, only other teams

Why not? The Saints turned it around pretty quickly

It only takes a couple players in FA, a good draft and a couple of the existing players to finally turn it up a notch to take a bad team and make them competitive. It happens all the time in the NFL. Teams turn it around all the time.

But I guess having your negative attitude towards everything it is impossible for the Bills to do, only other teams

820987[/snapback]

Until one of the AFC East teams find a QB that is in the same league as Brady, it will continue.

The guy is a machine and has to be ranked as one of the best ever to play the position.

I can't even imagine what that team would be like if some of those star players that left actually got paid in NE

821000[/snapback]

Then they'd be eating up roster spots, preventing younger guys from developing.

It'd be nice to still have deion and givens, no doubt, though losing Patten was no big deal. losing offensive linemen like Woody and andruzzi has worked out fine because the line is incredibly young now. McGinnest leaving has allowed them to get a look at banta-cain and sign seau to play inside, where they needed help moreso than outside (they better draft some linebackers in the upcoming draft). It'd be nice to still have Ty Law, though cornerbacks are overpriced reguardless.

As for Vin, you can't carry two kickers and they made a long-term decision. Kickoffs are much better now and hopefully gost develops well in his field goal kicking. In a couple years they'll be better off having moved on. It still hurts seeing him hit a game-winner in Indy though.

I'm not saying losing good players is a good thing. A little roster turnover can be healthy though, and the best long-term way to go.