Well Here It Is... Official Who's Better Thread

Carolina didn't seem to rush more than the 4 lineman. When you don't blitz or put that much pressure on a QB, they look great.

Bledsoe always looked good with little pressure. Same with JP I am sure.

Romo looked terrible when he was pressured against NYG.

Carolina didn't seem to rush more than the 4 lineman. When you don't blitz or put that much pressure on a QB, they look great.

Bledsoe always looked good with little pressure. Same with JP I am sure.

820052[/snapback]

Sadly I don't think JP does look good when given time, which is really disheartening. Of course this is pointless to argue online since everyone's perception of pass-protection is so different; but I don't know how anyone can say it was terrible vs. the Bears & Pats. Other than the Lions game and a couple plays vs. the Jets it's been better than I expected this yr.

There is no comparison. Just looking at the player vs. player in demeanor, Romo was 100% more confident with everything he did. Even in the Giants game, he made some bad reads, but the reads were decisive. When JP makes a bad read, he seems to stare at one WR for a long time, wondering if he should throw it or not and then he finally pulls the trigger. Most of JP's throws are late, even his good ones. JP shows lack of confidence out there.

To sum it up Tony Romo = Confident and JP Losman = Confused.

Is it just me or does it not seem like their is just a difference when you watch JP v.s. other QB's in the league. It seems like JP just has a completely different feel to him. I have ALWAYS been a JP loyalist, but I have been noticing that their is just something different about JP.

820075[/snapback]

Maybe it is the incredibly large dead fetus on the side of his head.

There is no comparison.  Just looking at the player vs. player in demeanor, Romo was 100% more confident with everything he did.  Even in the Giants game, he made some bad reads, but the reads were decisive.  When JP makes a bad read, he seems to stare at one WR for a long time, wondering if he should throw it or not and then he finally pulls the trigger.  Most of JP's throws are late, even his good ones.  JP shows lack of confidence out there.

To sum it up Tony Romo = Confident and JP Losman = Confused.

820071[/snapback]

And to think, there but for our 2004 2nd, 5th, and 2005 1st round picks the Tuna could have taken JP and had him all to hisself.

Why does everytime a young QB have one good game he is compared to JP? JP will be fine. But I was impressed with Romo. He has been coached well for the last 3-4 years in the same system and I guess the coaches could see in practice that he was ready. It is only one game but in that game he showed more poise and field awareness that Bledsoe has ever showed in his 13 years. The one thing I like about Romo is the one thing I think that has been over coached to JP is playing with controlled recklessness. I mean last year JP like Romo did a few times last night would scramble and pick up a 3rd and 2 or 4 with no hesitation if his man wasn't open. Now JP will hold onto the ball until the last minute; sometimes scramble around on 3rd and 4 or less waiting for a receiver to come open like it is 3rd and 15 and then throw the ball away when if he hadn't hesistated could have easily picked up a 1st down. JP needs to do more of that; who cares if they say he runs too muc; keep the chains moving! Also I think we need to get that gunslinger mentality back in JP a little so that he will take more chances and give our players a chance to make plays.

Why does everytime a young QB have one good game he is compared to JP? JP will be fine. But I was impressed with Romo. He has been coached well for the last 3-4 years in the same system and I guess the coaches could see in practice that he was ready. It is only one game but in that game he showed more poise and field awareness that Bledsoe has ever showed in his 13 years. The one thing I like about Romo is the one thing I think that has been over coached to JP is playing with controlled recklessness. I mean last year JP like Romo did a few times last night would scramble and pick up a 3rd and 2 or 4 with no hesitation if his man wasn't open. Now JP will hold onto the ball until the last minute; sometimes scramble around on 3rd and 4 or less waiting for a receiver to come open like it is 3rd and 15 and then throw the ball away when if he hadn't hesistated could have easily picked up a 1st down. JP needs to do more of that; who cares if they say he runs too muc; keep the chains moving! Also I think we need to get that gunslinger mentality back in JP a little so that he will take more chances and give our players a chance to make plays.

820114[/snapback]

Because of that sentence. We are still waiting for JP to show us why we are starting him. Could JP be a leader on the field in a 14 point comeback at Carolina? When the heck do we get this game from JP? When does he inspire the team like Romo did last night? When bad things go wrong for JP everything just snowballs, Romo threw a pick, his team was down 14, and all he did was go 20-29 for 240 yards and a TD after his INT.

Why does everytime a young QB have one good game he is compared to JP?

820114[/snapback]

Because some people absolutely must feel they are right, and will make any comparison they can to help bolster their thought process. As sadly predictable as death and taxes, there will forever be someone who always points out how good everyone else has it just so they can remind everyone that months ago they told everyone how bad they had it.

Because of that sentence.  We are still waiting for JP to show us why we are starting him.  Could JP be a leader on the field in a 14 point comeback at Carolina?  When the heck do we get this game from JP?  When does he inspire the team like Romo did last night?  When bad things go wrong for JP everything just snowballs, Romo threw a pick, his team was down 14, and all he did was go 20-29 for 240 yards and a TD after his INT.

820122[/snapback]

I wonder if some of these other QB's fans who want to see them fall on thier faces were watching the game where JP throw for 300 yards plus in a loss to the Jets and then follow it up with a very efficient game in a win against a tough defense against the Vikings and used that and say : "There is as an example of a fine young QB who is progressing!

Because some people absolutely must feel they are right, and will make any comparison they can to help bolster their thought process. As sadly predictable as death and taxes, there will forever be someone who always points out how good  everyone else has it just so they can remind everyone that months ago they told everyone how bad they had it.

820123[/snapback]

either that or JP stinks and Bills fans are reminded of this anytime another young QB, with less experience, leads their team to victory.

either that or JP stinks and Bills fans are reminded of this anytime another young QB, with less experience, leads their team to victory.

820321[/snapback]

What I find stunning is that there are so many Bills fans who have the knowledge and seasoning to know, right now, that JP is a bust. They know, right now, that he will never amount to anything in the NFL. And they know, right now, that plugging anyone back there is a better option than letting him spend the year under center.

It's stunning, I tell you. Just freaking stunning. I never knew your basic run-of-the-mill fan knows more about running and coaching a team than people who do it for a living.

You dudes need to get on the payroll and turn this team around, dammit.