Greg and Dan said it best...

hootie1

As Greg and Dan said during the game, the BIlls actually did a lot of good things against NE- they just negated all the good with a few plays that were incredibly bad. But the good was there, and I think I'm going to try and cheer myself up by thinking that...

1.) The run defense was much stiffer than week one (OK, so they lost it in the red zone a couple times...)

2.) The pass defense got pressure on Brady (Ok, there were a few breakdowns in coverage, but hey, we're not thinking about that!)

3.) JP had a good completion percentage and was generally more accurate than he was last year (after all, he hit Assante right on the numbers)

4.) The offensive line, to my eye, had a better game than against either Detroit or Chicago (At Villy's age, he really couldn't have done a better job on that block he missed)

5.) The tight end was involved in the passing game. (That catch of Royals was sweet- not even a but on this one!)

If the bills could come out and do all of the above but with fewer stupid plays, they could look pretty darn good! Ok, now flame me!

Granted, some of that is a sarcastic stretch, but there's nothing to flame you about. I still feel like the biggest problem with this team is their "stupid" mistakes. They're just not good enough to overcome them, so they are quickly disheartened. If anything needs to change, it's the mindset that the team just sucks from head to toe and the entire organization -- coaches and players alike -- should be purged.

We're seven games into a new regime with 20 new players and new schemes on both sides of the ball...but HEY, I'm a Bills fan and I have no idea what I'm talking about so it serves to reason that seven games is long enough to determine that we will never, ever be successful with the exist group.

As Greg and Dan said during the game, the BIlls actually did a lot of good things against NE- they just negated all the good with a few plays that were incredibly bad. But the good was there, and I think I'm going to try and cheer myself up by thinking that...

1.) The run defense was much stiffer than week one (OK, so they lost it in the red zone a couple times...)

2.) The pass defense got pressure on Brady (Ok, there were a few breakdowns in coverage, but hey, we're not thinking about that!)

3.) JP had a good completion percentage and was generally more accurate than he was last year (after all, he hit Assante right on the numbers)

4.) The offensive line, to my eye, had a better game than against either Detroit or Chicago (At Villy's age, he really couldn't have done a better job on that block he missed)

5.) The tight end was involved in the passing game. (That catch of Royals was sweet- not even a but on this one!)

If the bills could come out and do all of the above but with fewer stupid plays, they could look pretty darn good! Ok, now flame me!

814559[/snapback]

i liked the 'hitting assante in the numbers comment'.

i wish i could see more positivity about this game, but the telling series fo plays for me is forcing them into 3rd and long, defending the pass, getting the qb on the run, and then...cracking brady while on his ass and then giving up a 12 yard touchdown run on the very next play.

the aeriel view of the falls looked nice, though.

Granted, some of that is a sarcastic stretch, but there's nothing to flame you about. I still feel like the biggest problem with this team is their "stupid" mistakes. They're just not good enough to overcome them, so they are quickly disheartened. If anything needs to change, it's the mindset that the team just sucks from head to toe and the entire organization -- coaches and players alike -- should be purged.

We're seven games into a new regime with 20 new players and new schemes on both sides of the ball...but HEY, I'm a Bills fan and I have no idea what I'm talking about so it serves to reason that seven games is long enough to determine that we will never, ever be successful with the exist group.

814565[/snapback]

That's the thing, I mean, you have to have players that both LOVE the game and GET IT on its deeper levels. If you don't have smart players who are deeply committed and who are smart enough to absorb and remember and APPLY what they learn in terms of critical football situations, you're sunk.

That being said, it's true that we did some good things, but it doesn't matter much when you turn it over 3 times and lose 28-6.

814559[/snapback]

Honest to God---you think there was pressure on Brady??...Are you well?

1.) The run defense was much stiffer than week one (OK, so they lost it in the red zone a couple times...)2.) The pass defense got pressure on Brady (Ok, there were a few breakdowns in coverage, but hey, we're not thinking about that!)

814559[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but how can you discount that? If our red zone run defense sucks, then it sucks as a whole imo. I don't care if they get 200 yards rushing, if they can stop them in the red zone, i'm ok with that.

That being said, it's true that we did some good things, but it doesn't matter much when you turn it over 3 times and lose 28-6.

814584[/snapback]

At this stage in the new team's life, I think it does matter, even if you do turn it over 3 times and lose, because you need to find positive things on which to build.

It doesn't matter what you do for a living -- whether you're playing professional football or you're in charge of a five-person shipping department for a mid-sized company in Shebooboo, Arizona, your individual and collective successes hinge on two things: you're ability to recognize and accept both your strengths and weaknesses, and your ability to do something positive with what you see in both.

That's one of the biggest reasons it's so hard to stomach a lot of the post-game garbage around here. The moment someone tries to point out ripple of improvement in a sea of mistakes, they get harpooned, gutted and mounted.

I like that we are so commited to the run, finally. How long have Bills fans bitched and moaned that we're a pass-happy team? We're finally running the ball more than we're passing it -- even in dire moments -- but it doesn't matter because we suck.

I like that we've stopped trying any trick plays anywhere on the field, but especially on special teams. Apparently someone recognized that we suck at it, so we've stopped. Good for us. Back to basics.

I like that we had a couple of nice passes to a big-ass TE, both for first downs, and I like that we finally rolled JP out a couple of times, and I like that Aaron Schoebel has Brady's number. But it means nothing to most fans because most can't see any further than the tip of their nose and can't wrap their heads around anything other than two phrases that get very old on Mondays: "We suck" and "I told you so."

JP's numbers (take away turnovers) where as good or better then Brady's. But JP sucks and is a bust on a bad team cause he didn't get the W. So no matter what JP accomplishes it means absolutly nothing to Bills fans because a) he didn't get the W, and b) Bills fans have to feel like marters and have to have something to B word and whine about.

The run defense is garbage dude.  When an NFL team gives up two rushing TD's of more than 7 yards, what % of those games do you think they win?

814572[/snapback]

Do you seriously think those two plays (over a"whopping" 7 yards) make it a fact that the run D didn't play well? Ok they weren't GREAT, but you would discount the entire rest of the game? What does your question about winning % have to do with the simple breakdown of how the run D played?

This is how the run D played:

NE - 27 carries, 94 yards 3.5 YPC

By any account, that qualifies as our run D playing better than it has in recent weeks.

JP's numbers (take away turnovers) where as good or better then Brady's. But JP sucks and is a bust on a bad team cause he didn't get the W. So no matter what JP accomplishes it means absolutly nothing to Bills fans because a) he didn't get the W, and b) Bills fans have to feel like marters and have to have something to B word and whine about.

815336[/snapback]

Exactly. Two things Losman should do to emulate Tom Brady:

1) Stop fumbling.

2) Play on a better team.

I wish he had hit Asante in the face. I can't stand that whiny little beyotch.  ;)

814588[/snapback]

Why would you say that, I am no way, shape or form a Pats fan, in fact I loathe them but Assante is probably one of the most underrated DB's in the game. I actually played with him in high school and he was an amazing athlete then. Played QB, and DB led the county in picks 3 strait years, that is pretty impressive for south florida football.

The run defense is garbage dude.  When an NFL team gives up two rushing TD's of more than 7 yards, what % of those games do you think they win?

814572[/snapback]

especially when the RB walks into the end zone untouched......Until they fix the run-defense, this defense is not going anywhere...

Also, any thoughts on if the Defense is actually better if Keith Ellison is on the field. I think he really played very well in the 1st four games when we had our

record at 2-2....May be a healtheir Ellison is much better than an injured Spikes.

815336[/snapback]

The only thing I was disappointed with JPs play on Sunday was he could not direct the team strongly inside the redzone. He came away with a fumble and a INT and 3 points inside the red-zone. For us to have any chance, we just cannot afford that from JP.

However, this team is not playing well only on the QB position....They need immense improvement in many areas starting from the OL.

NE - 27 carries, 94 yards 3.5 YPC

By any account, that qualifies as our run D playing better than it has in recent weeks.

815351[/snapback]

How many 3rd down stops did we have on 3rd and shot when NE ran the ball ? What pissed me off was that on both those TDs Dillon walked into the endzone untouched.....