The Bills were gonna trade Nate for Booger!!!

McFarland Was On Bills' Radar: Many thought that when the Colts traded for DT Anthony McFarland from the Bucaneers that he would have been a great fit for the Bills. He did play in the Tampa 2 which the Bills defense is based on. As it turns out, according to a report from the Sporting News, the Bills were interested in him. The report says the Bills were looking at trading Nate Clements to Tampa Bay for McFarland. When the trade fell through, the Bucs sent him to Indy for a 2nd round pick. The Bills would not part with such a high draft pick since there 2nd will be much higher then the Colts pick. They were probably willing to part with Clements since he is most definitely gone in the offseason as a free agent when they agreed to not use the franchise tag on him again. The Bills then went to plan B and traded for Anthony Hargrove who was in on two tackles in his Bills' debut yesterday.

:doh:

McFarland Was On Bills' Radar: Many thought that when the Colts traded for DT Anthony McFarland from the Bucaneers that he would have been a great fit for the Bills. He did play in the Tampa 2 which the Bills defense is based on. As it turns out, according to a report from the Sporting News, the Bills were interested in him. The report says the Bills were looking at trading Nate Clements to Tampa Bay for McFarland. When the trade fell through, the Bucs sent him to Indy for a 2nd round pick. The Bills would not part with such a high draft pick since there 2nd will be much higher then the Colts pick. They were probably willing to part with Clements since he is most definitely gone in the offseason as a free agent when they agreed to not use the franchise tag on him again. The Bills then went to plan B and traded for Anthony Hargrove who was in on two tackles in his Bills' debut yesterday.

814454[/snapback]

Booger McFarland: Hmmmm. Let's see. I can go to Buffalo or Indy. Hmmm. Gonna have to think about that for a moment. There's a very good chance Indy will go the Super Bowl, but Buffalo has good wings and blue seats in the stadium. Hmmmmm.

"booger" had 2 tackles yesterday as well....i am not sure I get your comparison....do you want to "throw away" a second round pick to get a DT now?? I don't, now if it was a proven commodity at OL, then yeah sure take it...but not for a DT at this stage of team development

814454[/snapback]

"booger" had 2 tackles yesterday as well....i am not sure I get your comparison....do you want to "throw away" a second round pick to get a DT now??  I don't, now if it was a proven commodity at OL, then yeah sure take it...but not for a DT at this stage of team development

814464[/snapback]

Nate only has 9 games left as a Bill and he is gone. The Bills are clearly going nowhere this year so why not trade Nate for something. Booger is an above average DT. I would have taken the deal and shoved Youbouty on the field to get some experience.

Nate only has 9 games left as a Bill and he is gone. The Bills are clearly going nowhere this year so why not trade Nate for something. Booger is an above average DT. I would have taken the deal and shoved Youbouty on the field to get some experience.

814882[/snapback]

The report said that Tampa was looking to trade McFarland (who is going to turn 29 in December) for Clements AND a draft pick.

I would have done the deal if it was strickly a player-for-player deal, but Tampa was asking for way too much.

814882[/snapback]

We have 2 rookie safeties, McGee gets benched for poor play and everyone is in a big hurry to get rid of Nate.

I don't get it. <_<