Adam Schefter of the NFL Network

Now this is reported as a possibility mind you, so don't shoot the messenger. Found this on Rotoworld.com:

Report: Bills may make quarterback change

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Bills will likely reconsider their quarterback situation during the Week 8 bye.

Allowing Losman to finish out the season would make the most sense looking towards the future. If the Bills want to win now, Kelly Holcomb might be the better choice. Craig Nall also is hanging around. Giving up on Losman almost certainly would mean Buffalo will address the situation in the 2007 offseason. Oct. 23 - 12:21 am et

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is reported as a possibility mind you, so don't shoot the messenger.  Found this on Rotoworld.com:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Bills will likely reconsider their quarterback situation during the Week 8 bye.

Allowing Losman to finish out the season would make the most sense looking towards the future. If the Bills want to win now, Kelly Holcomb might be the better choice. Craig Nall also is hanging around. Giving up on Losman almost certainly would mean Buffalo will address the situation in the 2007 offseason. Oct. 23 - 12:21 am et

813940[/snapback]

If the Bills go to Holcomb, this is a total step in the wrong direction. If they decide to give up on Losman, at least try and find out what we have in Nall. We know what we have in Holcomb, and it isn't much.

As this is written, it is the reporters own opinion and doesn't appear to be based on any sort of information from OBD. It is logical to think that a team that is unsuccessful would consider changing their QB...especially when they have someone with experience on the bench. But until I hear it from OBD then it is nothing but speculation.

Not shooting the messenger....just working the body a little bit.

If the Bills go to Holcomb, this is a total step in the wrong direction. If they decide to give up on Losman, at least try and find out what we have in Nall. We know what we have in Holcomb, and it isn't much.

813947[/snapback]

Holcomb get's us a team that will be 8-8 in a full season. He will never be better then that. He will make the line look better, because he makes quicker decisions, and the fact that he can't throw over defenses. It will bring the TE and screens into play, and make us competative week in and week out. However Holcomb is not the answer. We are going nowhere as long as he is the QB.

As this is written, it is the reporters own opinion and doesn't appear to be based on any sort of information from OBD.

813957[/snapback]

Is this the same guy at the NFL Network who was the only man in the country to put Donte Whitner for the Bills in his mock draft? Or was that someone else?

JDG

Holcomb get's us a team that will be 8-8 in a full season.  He will never be better than that.

813961[/snapback]

For the record, I am absolutely against putting in Holcomb at QB after the bye week.

But, I should point out that Kelly Holcomb rung up 33 points on the Pittsburgh Steelers *in Pittsburgh* and *in the playoffs.* Holcomb isn't the future at this point, but I think that people are a little too hard on him for what he was able to do in his prime.....

JDG

For the record, I am absolutely against putting in Holcomb at QB after the bye week.

But, I should point out that Kelly Holcomb rung up 33 points on the Pittsburgh Steelers *in Pittsburgh* and *in the playoffs.*    Holcomb isn't the future at this point, but I think that people are a little too hard on him for what he was able to do in his prime.....

JDG

813988[/snapback]

hahahahaa :P:blink::blink::lol::lol: his prime. :lol::D:D:)

Holcomb has had exactly 2 good statistical games in his career, both losses, and people think he's the second coming of rich gannon.

But, I should point out that Kelly Holcomb rung up 33 points on the Pittsburgh Steelers *in Pittsburgh* and *in the playoffs.*    Holcomb isn't the future at this point, but I think that people are a little too hard on him for what he was able to do in his prime.....

JDG

813988[/snapback]

Great. If we ever get to the playoffs then Holcomb's our man.

Yeah he made this comment last night toward the end of the NFL highlight show on the NFL Network when the questins came up about JP and the Bills and Brunell and the Redskins. I think that as some have suggested these comments have no weight and are just Adam guessing and pondering. There is NO WAY the Bills would go with Holcomb this season. While JP hasn't played good enough to overcome this team flaws and win games he certainly isn't the only one to blame in the losses.

But, I should point out that Kelly Holcomb rung up 33 points on the Pittsburgh Steelers *in Pittsburgh* and *in the playoffs.*   

813988[/snapback]

Friggin hilarious! I really mean that. I laughed good. Good stuff man. Good stuff.

Now this is reported as a possibility mind you, so don't shoot the messenger.  Found this on Rotoworld.com:

813940[/snapback]

I doubt this is anything but wild speculation on his part. Benching JP now would be a mistake IMO. There are a lot of young players on the team that need experience. Let them play.