Aaron Schobel Great Once Again

Isn't this guy great?? He was attacking Brady from start to finish. Without him the score would probably have been 42-0. If he isn't selected for the pro-bowl then something is wrong

813827[/snapback]

yeqh- he did a really fine job covering Ben Watson :P

yeqh- he did a really fine job covering Ben Watson :P

813831[/snapback]

A tight end like Watson wins that match up 100% of the time.

To me, that looked like a blow call by the Fewell. My understanding is that on a drop back zone, the Def End lines up on the line of scrimmage and then drops back. For whatever reason, he was over him like it was man to man. Of course Brady was going to pick that apart.

I think we are all missing the point here..... HE IS OUR BEST PASS RUSHER!!!! Why the !@#$ is he in coverage on 3rd and long... that is just stupidity on the coaching ... Brady was probably laughing as soon as he seen that!!! We are begininning to become a embarassing team to watch...as a fan I was yesterday....

:P:blink::blink:

I think we are all missing the point here..... HE IS OUR BEST PASS RUSHER!!!!  Why the !@#$ is he in coverage on 3rd and long... that is just stupidity on the coaching ... Brady was probably laughing as soon as he seen that!!!  We are begininning to become a embarassing team to watch...as a fan I was yesterday....

:P  :blink:  :blink:

813851[/snapback]

bingo

you win

I think we are all missing the point here..... HE IS OUR BEST PASS RUSHER!!!!  Why the !@#$ is he in coverage on 3rd and long... that is just stupidity on the coaching ... Brady was probably laughing as soon as he seen that!!!  We are begininning to become a embarassing team to watch...as a fan I was yesterday....

813851[/snapback]

EXACTLY; he should have been back their busting Brady's butt but he is out there covering Watson. WHen I saw that I just had to stop and wonder: will Levey step down onto the sideline; I wonder how Wade is doing?

813851[/snapback]

I thought this zone blitz crap stopped when Gray was gone. I guess I was wrong. :lol:

813851[/snapback]

Aaron's brother is a tight end so the assumption is that he can cover one.

Schobel played well, as did the whole DLine. The most glaring mistake was Denney drilling Brady after Brady gave himself up. That led to a TD. But overall, they contained the dangerous Dillon/Maroney combo pretty well, and got some decent pressure on Brady.

I've said MANY times that I don't question Schobel's effort. It's not his fault, and I'm not trying to take anything away from his performance...I'm just noting the coincidence that it was another great showing from him in a blowout loss. Maybe if he showed up sometime after the first play of the game last week in a game that was hanging in the balance, the outcome would have been different.....

Trust me, I know he's the best we have, that's why I demand more from him. Games like yesterday, when he played VERY well, make me wonder how he can disappear for long stretches in other games. The D (and the Dline in particular) is not good enough for Schobel to have 'off' games.

Schobel actually plays incredibly against NE.  Its the other 14 games of the year that he is only average.

814125[/snapback]

With Spikes not fully recovered from his injury it could be legitimately argued that Schobel is the Bills best player (not counting kickers). I can think of only two other players on the team that you could make that statement about (Fletch and Clements…After last season I would have included McGee here but he’s sucked this year).

I like Schobel quite a bit (and think he's underappreciated by most of the media) but you know you have a PoS team when he can be considered your best player.