We Aren't Ever Going Anywhere with Dick

I loathed the choice Marv made when it became official. I said so on this very board. But, all I kept getting was the same comments that I got when I went off on the hirings of Greggie and Meathead. . . crap like, "Give the guy a chance. . . he'll be fine if he gets the right coordinators. . . I'm willing to give the guy a chance. . . blah blah blah.

Folks, you cannot win in this league without at least competent coaching. Also you probably cannot win big without good to great coahing. Not to mention, you need to have good coaching to make up for deficiencies in player talent, which we obviously have.

Bottom line is that even IF this team was more talented, it wouldn't go anywhere with Jauron as HC.

The Bears defense carried Jauron to one good season in Chicago and that was that. It also happened to be that fluke year for Jim Miller and A-Train was running all over people that season. They got to the playoffs and got trounced, at home, 33-19 by the Eagles. 13-3 and 3 in the regular season with homefield, but looked unprepared when Philly wiped the floor with them. After that season, it was all downhill for the Bears under Jauron. He was soon shown the door. The way I look at it though, atleast Dennis Green or Art Shell isn't our coach. :P

The Bears defense carried Jauron to one good season in Chicago and that was that. It also happened to be that fluke year for Jim Miller and A-Train was running all over people that season. They got to the playoffs and got trounced, at home, 33-19 by the Eagles. 13-3 and 3 in the regular season with homefield, but looked unprepared when Philly wiped the floor with them. After that season, it was all downhill for the Bears under Jauron. He was soon shown the door. The way I look at it though, atleast Dennis Green or Art Shell isn't our coach. :P

813783[/snapback]

And you think either of those two guys would be a downgrade?

Not at this point.

And you think either of those two guys would be a downgrade?

Not at this point.

813806[/snapback]

Tell ya what pissed me off yesterday, and was indicitive of the players mindset as well

21-3 we kick a field goal early 4th qtr. 28-6 7 minutes to go we punt.

T oquote the great Herm, do you not play to WIN the game.

To quote Gregg easterbrook, perfect example caoch playing to make it not look so bad

Tell ya what pissed me off yesterday, and was indicitive of the players mindset as well

21-3 we kick a field goal early 4th qtr. 28-6  7 minutes to go we punt.

T oquote the great Herm, do you not play to WIN the game.

To quote Gregg easterbrook, perfect example caoch playing to make it not look so bad

813840[/snapback]

EXACTLY. When they kicked that FG, and then PUNTEL later on, I knew they just wanted the game to be over.

The losing culture has been firmly ingrained in the Bills organization, and there's no sign of it ever changing.

I really wanted to see Dick rip Kelsay's head off yesterday on the sideline...that play alone was the final nail in the coffin...I used to think it was the coaches, but we have had 3 coaches in succession that have teams that make mental mistakes - poor play clock management, dump penalties (False Starts, Holding, Personal Fouls)...could we really have three duds in a row? The simple fact is there are a handfull of players worth keeping, the rest need to go...the coaches & Vetrans need to light some fires under the players...If you look at the D&C article..Fletcher knew Kelsay's hit wasa penalty Kelsay said he didn't know it was illegal? thats crap...either the coaches didn't drill it into the players heads or he fell asleep during the training sessions on common football rules...don't smash a QB who is sitting indian style on the turf...Fletcher should have laid into him - Talley Biscuit, Bruce would have...

Yeah I'm not big on Jauron either, but it wasn't him getting that stupid penalty costing us a TD,it was Kelsay. It wasn't him to dropped a TD pass in the back of the endzone, that was Evans, it wasn't him who overthrew a wide open Davis, that was Losman. There's 14 more offensive points for us and 7 less for them, every week it's the same thing, critical mistakes at critical times

don't smash a QB who is sitting indian style on the turf...Fletcher should have laid into him - Talley Biscuit, Bruce would have...

813861[/snapback]

If a QB is that big of a sissy/pansy a$$, they should be allowed to drill him. Heck if I am on NE, I might make a run at Brady after just giving herself up on that play!!

Wow with a name like BenchBledsoe, how could his posts not be positive?

We have seen half a season of Bills football with the current coaches and already we are calling for the coaches head. I think your hot pocket is done

This team was not supposed to be a playoff team this year and was expected to struggle this year. That was the mind set of almost every poster on this board until the first snap of the season. Now everyone is calling for everyones head to roll because they are doing exactly what everyone said they would, struggle.

I saw him every year he coached in Chicago when I lived there - he sucked and the fans hated him...

So far, after 7 games, he sucks, cannot motivate and I hate him. Coaches turn teams around and this one is just another in the long list of losers!! They desreve it - they picked him

Wow with a name like BenchBledsoe, how could his posts not be positive?

We have seen half a season of Bills football with the current coaches and already we are calling for the coaches head. I think your hot pocket is done

This team was not supposed to be a playoff team this year and was expected to struggle this year. That was the mind set of almost every poster on this board until the first snap of the season. Now everyone is calling for everyones head to roll because they are doing exactly what everyone said they would, struggle.

813935[/snapback]

You're sounding like I was in favor of Jauron at the beginning of the season. Fact is, I was never in favor of him. My worst nightmares are now just being confirmed.

So then, who would have been the better choice and why?

814048[/snapback]

Honestly, It's easy to say now, but how did we ever pass on Charlie Weiss? As far as what we were looking at realistically this past offseason, I was begging for them to go with Mike McCarthy. The Packers made a mistake to fire him.

Jauron is a nice guy, and maybe a good defensive coach, but he has proven in Chicago (and even Detroit and here) that he is not cut out ot be an NFL head coach.

Honestly, It's easy to say now, but how did we ever pass on Charlie Weiss? As far as what we were looking at realistically this past offseason, I was begging for them to go with Mike McCarthy. The Packers made a mistake to fire him.

Jauron is a nice guy, and maybe a good defensive coach, but he has proven in Chicago (and even Detroit and here) that he is not cut out ot be an NFL head coach.

814068[/snapback]

Well, Charlie Weiss wasn't available this offseason, He has said that he will not leave ND even though he has had offers from NFL teams.

I haven't seen enough of Jauron to say he is not the guy. He may not be as tempermental as most coaches and get fired up, but he is very intellegent and knows the game. Weither that will make him successful who knows. I also can't judge him on coaching Detroit, he was thrown in during the season so it wasn't really him coaching, just "filling in" Its only been 7 games into a rebuilding season where no one predicted them to be a playoff team.