Edwards is a lightweight.

So you've only just figured that out?  AD sits in the midst of his little spiderweb, in the dark literally and figuratively, and throws venom and stones.  He offers no solutions. He has nothing postive to say about anything.  And he has nothing nice to say, unless someone with an equally negative view of everything comes along.

59320[/snapback]

Anyone see my kettle?

It's black in color.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the libber say the debate was a tie , then that means Cheney won.The libbers just cant admit defeat.

What a classless bunch of lamers .Kerry is scum , not for his Viet Nam service but what he said when he got home , while we still had soliders in POW camps. Komrade Kerry is a communists piece of dung and the brainless libbers will settle for this rather than vote for Bush what a total bunch of losers. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Will you lib parrots please finally lay off your Halliburton mantra?

Halliburton got no bid contracts under Clinon as well.

It's on the factcheck.org page ( can't get to it right now).

Cheney deferred some of his pay for the late 90's over 5 years. This was in his contract and did it before he was VP. That is the money he is getting. It was for his work in the 90's. He got money for bonuses based on their earnings. The last of these he got in 2001, after he became VP because the amount of profits was not known until after he was inaugurated. To make sure decisions of the administration did not affect his income one way or the other, he took out an insurance policy (cost-$15K) to be sure that he was paid this deferred pay if administration policies harmed Haliburton and caused them to go bankrupt. Stock he had was sold and any options he had coming were put into an irrevokable trust for a charity (possibly $8M). Nothing the admin can do will affect Chenewy's income.

The subsidiary that is in Iraq is losing money on these contracts.

Of course, the libs ignore all of this - facts suck.

Maybe this is where your reading/listening comprehension is eluding you.  Cheney did respond.

Edwards threw a litany of charges against the wall, all of which have been soundly dismissed of any impropriety as they relate to Cheney's tenure as CEO or his ties once he became VP.

But, hey, Edwards scored by saying Halliburton.

Kinda rolls of your tongue, doesn't it?

On a sidenote, care to talk about Kerry's A list for Treasury nominees?

59313[/snapback]

You call that a response? That is changing the subject. And by the way, a number of these things are still pending investigation, and have not been "soundly dismissed." Perhaps that is where the objectivity is eluding you! :D The only one who has soundly dismissed the charges are Dick Cheney, and folks like you who believe whatever he tells you....

You call that a response?  That is changing the subject.  And by the way, a number of these things are still pending investigation, and have not been "soundly dismissed."  Perhaps that is where the objectivity is eluding you! :D  The only one who has soundly dismissed the charges are Dick Cheney, and folks like you who believe whatever he tells you....

59434[/snapback]

It received proper response given that this topic has been discussed, over discussed and uber discussed.

Please enlighten me as to what investigations of Halliburton are still pending that relate in any shape or form to Cheney's role as CEO or his role as VP.

It received proper response given that this topic has been discussed, over discussed and uber discussed.

Please enlighten me as to what investigations of Halliburton are still pending that relate in any shape or form to Cheney's role as CEO or his role as VP.

59445[/snapback]

Those concerning Haliburtons' dealing with countries deemed as enemies of the united states, and the stashing of funds in off-shore bank accoounts...

And as far as your assertion that that was the only response warrented, is silly. This is a debate, in front of the nation. The topic has been discussed "uber" by people on this board, perhaps, but not in any meaningful way on a national level. If Cheney is so strong in his conviction that he has nothing to hide, why not speak up for himself, rather than change the subject to deflect criticism, and refer people to a web-site! Lame!

Those concerning Haliburtons' dealing with countries deemed as enemies of the united states, and the stashing of funds in off-shore bank accoounts...

And as far as your assertion that that was the only response warrented, is silly.  This is a debate, in front of the nation.  The topic has been discussed "uber" by people on this board, perhaps, but not in any meaningful way on a national level.  If Cheney is so strong in his conviction that he has nothing to hide, why not speak up for himself, rather than change the subject to deflect criticism, and refer people to a web-site!  Lame!

59460[/snapback]

Good lord. Which part of the "30 seconds" did you miss? Edwards threw a litany of charges that span a decade. A lot of it is complex stuff that your soundbite craving crowd won't pick up if nailed on the head.

Cheney properly deflected the bogus question by saying that the charges are baseless, they've been vetted, and if you care to look, here's the independent website.

There's no reason to dwell on the issue, other than scoring points for the other side by repeating Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton.

Here's a conspiracy theory for you: Halliburton wins no bid contracts because (A) Halliburton is the only company that can do the job, (B) the only other company that can do the job is Schlumberger and we can't be awarding contracts to companies that are ostensibly French.

Good lord.  Which part of the "30 seconds" did you miss?  Edwards threw a litany of charges that span a decade.  A lot of it is complex stuff that your soundbite craving crowd won't pick up if nailed on the head. 

Cheney properly deflected the bogus question by saying that the charges are baseless, they've been vetted, and if you care to look, here's the independent website. 

There's no reason to dwell on the issue, other than scoring points for the other side by repeating Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton.

59488[/snapback]

Sorry, but the incorporation of America is a big issue for me, and a lot of other people. I am very interested in what the vice president would have to say. It is troubling that Cheney, and president Bush both seem to feel that they are beyond reproach, and it is equally troubling that so many conservatives see this stuff as "no big deal". I honestly think president Bush and vice-presidnet Cheney have braught hyperbolie and effusiveness to a new level, and so many of you seem to be fine with it....

Sorry, but the incorporation of America is a big issue for me, and a lot of other people.  I am very interested in what the vice president would have to say.  It is troubling that Cheney, and president Bush both seem to feel that they are beyond reproach, and it is equally troubling that so many conservatives see this stuff as "no big deal".  I honestly think president Bush and vice-presidnet Cheney have braught hyperbolie and effusiveness to a new level, and so many of you seem to be fine with it....

59549[/snapback]

Read HopsGuy's post right above yours.

If you want to be taken seriously, check your blind partisan bias at the door.

Sorry, but the incorporation of America is a big issue for me, and a lot of other people.  I am very interested in what the vice president would have to say.  It is troubling that Cheney, and president Bush both seem to feel that they are beyond reproach, and it is equally troubling that so many conservatives see this stuff as "no big deal".  I honestly think president Bush and vice-presidnet Cheney have braught hyperbolie and effusiveness to a new level, and so many of you seem to be fine with it....

59549[/snapback]

So what about Haliburton or do the lefty losers use it for a buzz word to fill the empty space between their ears ,while the are watching the news that plays them like a fine fiddle , you know whats his name Rather and thier other hero Michael POS Moore :D :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

On Cheney's votes and MLK holiday, meals on wheels, etc: Come on now. No one cared about this Mickey Mouse stevestojan in the 2000 election, and after 9/11 and the start of WWIII, no one will care about this stevestojan in 2004 either.

58705[/snapback]

Spoken like a true out of touch white guy! :D

Spoken like a true out of touch white guy! :D

59561[/snapback]

I know you hate white people and you hate men and you especially hate white men, but think about it: are these topics at all important in the context of this country's defense against terror? That was my point.

And are you implying that Cheney hates blacks and old/handicapped people because he voted against an MLK holiday and against Meals on Wheels? Because I think the reasons for his Congressional votes go beyond such simpleton assumptions.

I know you hate white people and you hate men and you especially hate white men, but think about it: are these topics at all important in the context of this country's defense against terror? That was my point.

And are you implying that Cheney hates blacks and old/handicapped people because he voted against an MLK holiday and against Meals on Wheels? Because I think the reasons for his Congressional votes go beyond such simpleton assumptions.

59587[/snapback]

I suppose you say the exact same things about Kerry's votes. :D

Read HopsGuy's post right above yours.

If you want to be taken seriously, check your blind partisan bias at the door.

59556[/snapback]

Sorry, beig concerned about the direction that our country is taking (ie: the government sucking the tools of corporate America) has nothing to do with partisanship. This type of stuff is becoming all too common place, and Americans, like yourself, just seem to say, "yawn", who cares! It is one of the issues that concerns me more than any other, and sorry if it offends you, this current administration has done nothing to ease my mind about it. Criticize people like Micahael Moore all you want, there is plenty to criticize. But don't lose track of the fact that at the base of their attacks, lies a concern for what is happening to our country. It is increasingly becoming a big business. I don't let Clinton off the hook either.