JP may not be our biggest problem

ACor58

Isn't anyone else concerned with how careless he is with the football? Does he have small hands or something. He has fumbled 7 times this year and lost 5 of them. It has become ridiculous. This doesn't count the number of snaps that he has dropped.

He will never be a great QB in this league, ever.

He cannot keep this turnover machine rolling. Yeah but he hasn't even played a full season...........shut up. He needs to learn turnovers will not be accetable.

812657[/snapback]

i disagree... he's got the whole season, win lose or play like absolute sh--.

He cannot keep this turnover machine rolling. Yeah but he hasn't even played a full season...........shut up. He needs to learn turnovers will not be accetable.

812657[/snapback]

If you're gona sit JP, then I say also sit:

Triplett

Mcgee

Simpson

gandy

villarial

There's probably more that I can't think of right now.

Sadly Nall probably isn't the guy but I'd sit him for the single purpose of cleaning up his turnoverfest.

812670[/snapback]

its not gonna clean up anything... and you cant even blame everything on jp (even though he played like ass). the rest of this team sucks too man.

I've been saying it for the past few weeks on the board saying that Jp is not the answer to this team. Every week people kill me by saying this but I think this game has shed some new light on Jp.

Jp is fumbling a lot. Now I know you can make the point that the offensive line is not blocking for him, but Jp can't hold on to the ball when he's taking a sack. He has to learn to hold on to the ball. Also what I've been seeing is that his timing on his throws is awful. Look at the Interception he threw. He was locking on to the WR way too long. He gives the defense a chance to react to the pass. I don't know what Jauron is thinking by saying Jp is develoing but I've seen no development in Jp. He looks like the same qb as last year.

Honestly I think we might have a better shot next year with a draft qb than sticking with Jp.

Put in another qb for a while.

I know "he's improving"

I know the OLine is a big problem

But face it folks, JP isn't the solution.  He's just another part of the problem

:angry:

812681[/snapback]

I'm still not ready to count him out. Come back to me in january.

812684[/snapback]

im with you... its easy to blame jp for everything, but the rest of this team blows also. our wide outs arent getting open, when they do balls in and out of the hands all game. add that to a young quarterback playing crappy... and thats still not even close to all of our problems.

Isn't anyone else concerned with how careless he is with the football? Does he have small hands or something. He has fumbled 7 times this year and lost 5 of them. It has become ridiculous. This doesn't count the number of snaps that he has dropped.

812650[/snapback]

Bingo!

812650[/snapback]

I agree he loses the ball way to much, Nall had a chance to show he was better and he showed hes not the answer

I'm not blaming him for everything and agree the rest of the team isn't anything to get excited about but the QB is supposed to be a leader and he needs to be held accountable. If you treat him like a kitty he's gonna play like one. I don't think Nall is the answer either I just think JP needs to be held acountable.

im with you... its easy to blame jp for everything, but the rest of this team blows also. our wide outs arent getting open, when they do balls in and out of the hands all game. add that to a young quarterback playing crappy... and thats still not even close to all of our problems.

812688[/snapback]

When you're 2-5 there isn't really much of a solution. All players considered I think JP isn't on our list of top 10 problems.

I know "he's improving"

But face it folks, JP isn't the solution.  He's just another part of the problem

812681[/snapback]

Unfortunately there isn't anybody on the roster that's part of the solution at the QB position. The Bills have, maybe, 10 guys on the roster in total that deserve to be starting in the NFL (let's count 'em. Willis, Evans, Peters, Schobel, Fletcher, Clements, Crowell, Spikes (if healthy), McGee and maybe Whitner).

I'm becoming less and less sure that JP will ever turn into a starting calibur QB but he gets the rest of the season Imo.

NO NO NO NO NO NO and NO again.

Stick with JP every game.  Since when did Nall prove anything to anyone?

This is reactionary crap.

812679[/snapback]

Thank you Nick. I wish some of these hot heads would realize that you have to find out about JP 1 way or the other. We were not doing anything this year no matter who the QB was. The team is NOT that good, and we have to get better in the trenches before we will get any better.

We will know at the end of the year if the JP experiment failed or not. let it play out.

I swear to god it was some of these fans coaching the Bills last year and not Mike Mularkey when we had not sense of direction.

I don't think Nall is the answer either I just think JP needs to be held acountable.

812695[/snapback]

HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT?!? the rest of this team blows too you homer. jp isnt the only guy making mistakes on the field... and how you expect a kid who still hasnt started even a full seasons worth of games to be a leader just baffles me. it sucks we keep losing, but some of you people are just crazy.

812684[/snapback]

I agree, he's shown some good things Its to hard to tell if he's improving or not because his help needs improving itself our oline is bad, they say our recievers a deep but besides evans I think there all slot recivers at best, Our defense rarely gives him good field position, because of our oline and the fact that we seem to be playing catch up most the time Mcgahee is also limited

If they leave him in and the Bills stink the rest of the year, there will be no excuses left, and he will be replaced.

812699[/snapback]

you guys have to realize that we will stink the rest of this year... no matter who is the qb... because this team is bad. not just the quarterback, this team sucks. like was said above, maybe 10 guys deserve to be nfl starters.

I agree, he's shown some good things Its to hard to tell if he's improving or not because his help needs improving itself our oline is bad, they say our recievers a deep but besides evans I think there all slot recivers at best, Our defense rarely gives him good field position, because of our oline and the fact that we seem to be playing catch up most the time Mcgahee is also limited

812716[/snapback]

Just curious - if we're always playing catchup then why are McGahee's ypc numbers so bad? They should actually be up because of draw plays, as long as there is a minimum of success passing.

I know "he's improving"

812681[/snapback]

The Bills are in a hell of a pickle right now. JP's hasn't proven to be the future this year, he needed to do that. At the same time not many QB's in the NFL would be solutions if the majority of the surrounding talent is a problem. Even fewer young QB's would if any at all. That's essentially what his detractors are asking JP to do. From the Bills point of view we tied our hands by investing in JP. It's what always happens when you draft a young QB, and wait to see if he is or isn't the solution. We could replace him next year, but if it's not a FA, his replacement would do equally bad, if not worse. Not an easy decision any way you slice it.

The team is not as bad as it looks.

812734[/snapback]

well, jp isnt in there playing crappy on defense. jp isnt dropping his own passes that he throws. jp isnt continuing to be a part of the HORRIBLE pos oline we have year in and year out.

this whole team stinks. jp played bad, but so did the rest of team.

I like Nall.  I said in the preseason to start him.  And people here were killing me for saying such a thing.  Well look at where this team is with Jp as the starter.  Once again I'll say it START NALL.

812742[/snapback]

Well, if YOU like Nall then let's put him in! :angry:

JP struggling doesn't make Nall any better than he already is. He's still the guy that couldn't beat out JP in the pre-season and that GB thought so little of they drafted Rogers to be the future.

What we need this offseason is to try and bring in a pro bowl Qb or make a STRONG attempt to draft Quinn or Smith.

812765[/snapback]

no pro bowl qb is gonna wanna come here, and we will run into the same thing if we draft another qb. the rest of this team has to improve before a qb will come in here and play great football.

The Bills are in a hell of a pickle right now. JP's hasn't proven to be the future this year, he needed to do that. At the same time not many QB's in the NFL would be solutions if the majority of the surrounding talent is a problem. Even fewer young QB's would if any at all. That's essentially what his detractors are asking JP to do. From the Bills point of view we tied our hands by investing in JP. It's what always happens when you draft a young QB, and wait to see if he is or isn't the solution. We could replace him next year, but if it's not a FA, his replacement would do equally bad, if not worse. Not an easy decision any way you slice it.

812754[/snapback]

No QB could excell with this line. Certainly not Tom Brady. He'd be on a stretcher by the end of game 2. The Bills don't have a better QB on the team. Replace JP and result would the same if not worse. If the Bills don't build the lines, no QB will make any difference.

Crappy on defense? Maybe the first drive, after that they were solid, and the offense had what to show for it?

I didn't see anyone drop a pass today.

The O-line wasn't bad today, again, Losman held onto the ball way to long on many occasions.

It was 14-3 at one point, and the defense forced 3 straight punts by the Patriots, and JP, and the offense did nothing.

The defense can only hold for so long....Especially against the Patriots, and Tom Brady....Whom got sacked more then Losman, but yea, there offensive line sucks right?

812773[/snapback]

solid? how about that touchdown that mcgee lookd horrible on. our run defense is still no good. evans needs to hold onto that touchdown pass when it goes through his arms (whether the ball got touched or not). the oline, not good... i'll agree jp held onto the ball too long.

28 points isnt a good outing, no matter how you look at it.

and jp definitely played bad, but so did the rest of this team.

no pro bowl qb is gonna wanna come here, and we will run into the same thing if we draft another qb. the rest of this team has to improve before a qb will come in here and play great football.

812769[/snapback]

That's what we all thought about the Saints. Why can't we get a good qb like the Saints did.

812754[/snapback]

The key point of being a qb on a bad team is that he shows you something. Maybe he throws 3 picks, but he does it putting up a few hundred yards in the air. Maybe he looks like a young undisciplined gunslinging Jake Plummer or Jim Kelly.

JP's supporters say they've seen the potential. I havn't, but I havn't been able to see all the games. The real problem is that the more you gameplan to have a young qb play it safe, the less opportunity you have to see what he's got. IMO these 4th quarter comeback attempts are about the only opportunity we have to see if he has the spark to lead the team anywhere, and so far I'm not impressed with the numbers.