Pat Tillman's Brother on the Administration

Peter

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, um, actually, the world doesn't need people to pump gas, because now it's self-serve and pay at the pump. Automation generally reduces the need for stupid people, while increasing the need for smart people.

Although, if history bears anything out, automation results in an increase in stupid people, as it makes their lives easier and safer.

And if you want a serious answer: again, assuming it were possible to breed for intelligence, basically breeding idiots out of the gene pool, you would end up with a less diversified gene pool, which is generally a bad thing. The benefits of genetic diversity in a population (e.g. disease resistance - the American Indians weren't wiped out by disease because of a simple "lack of immunity", they were wiped out because Eurasian infectious agents, having evolved to attack a population with a diversified immunological profile developed over hundreds of thousands of years, had a field day in a population with a very limited immunological profile derived from two very limited waves of migration 20k years earlier) greatly outweigh the benefits of breeding for a desired trait.

It's kind of a truism, following from that, that breeding for intelligence would be counter-productive, ultimately resulting in a lack of genetic diversity that would end up breeding more stupid people than smart. It's a statement that can't be backed up by evidence, simply because the evidence - much as for your hypotheses - isn't available, and is overly complex where it is. But as an unscientific statement based on anecdotal evidence, it has the single benefit of being more scientific than your bull sh--.

But perhaps you envisioned stupid people pumping gas so that if the gas station got blown up, they'd be taken with it. :lol:

816669[/snapback]

It always amazes me they don't have more of that happening on the New Jersey Turnpike.

Nope, i'm just calling a spade a spade. Or in your case, a moron a moron.

816693[/snapback]

Had you done anything at all to demonstrate your own level of intelligence, your insult would carry some credibility. Take Bungee Jumper for example. Like yourself, he's not above handing out insults to those with whom he disagrees. In fact, 95% of the time he expresses his disagreement with a one or two line put-down of some sort.

It's the 5% of the time that separates him from you. Because when he actually defends his point of view in depth, he clearly separates himself from the rest of the pack. No, he's not always right. There are times when he's overconfident, or overly stubborn, or too wedded to a particular point of view. But he's shown enough to demonstrate that, if an occassional mistake is made, it's at least the error of someone who's intelligent and well-informed.

You're clearly imitating Bungee Jumper's penchant for expressing your point of view through cutting put-downs. But unlike him, you've done little or nothing to demonstrate your own ability to understand or articulate complex concepts. This is why you're a Yorkshire terrier who thinks he's a pit bull.

You're clearly imitating Bungee Jumper's penchant for expressing your point of view through cutting put-downs.

816712[/snapback]

Frankly, it's all you deserve. Your point of view is so ignorant and warped, he doesn't want to waste the time correcting you. Hell, I don't know why I'm wasting my time.

He, and Coli, know more about this than me. I know vastly more about it than you, through the simple expident of knowing statistics and being able to read a research paper. You are way out of your depth talking to any of us. Ramius is not the terrier masquerading as a pit bull here.

Frankly, it's all you deserve.  Your point of view is so ignorant and warped, he doesn't want to waste the time correcting you.  Hell, I don't know why I'm wasting my time.

He, and Coli, know more about this than me.  I know vastly more about it than you, through the simple expident of knowing statistics and being able to read a research paper.  You are way out of your depth talking to any of us.  Ramius is not the terrier masquerading as a pit bull here.

816716[/snapback]

The fact that there's not a single correct statement in your above post makes me question my decision to say all those nice things about you. :lol:

The fact that Ramius does this for a living doesn't prove as much as you seem to think it does. I've worked with people who do statistics for a living, and it's a mixed bag.

I wasn't taking issue merely with the fact that Ramius didn't show anything special in the eugenics thread. I have yet to see him post anything at all, in any thread at all, which would make me say, "Gosh, nobody but a very smart person could have posted something like this." Not once. Not ever. Until he starts doing that, he doesn't get to act like a pit bull.

Had you done anything at all to demonstrate your own level of intelligence, your insult would carry some credibility. Take Bungee Jumper for example. Like yourself, he's not above handing out insults to those with whom he disagrees. In fact, 95% of the time he expresses his disagreement with a one or two line put-down of some sort.

It's the 5% of the time that separates him from you. Because when he actually defends his point of view in depth, he clearly separates himself from the rest of the pack. No, he's not always right. There are times when he's overconfident, or overly stubborn, or too wedded to a particular point of view. But he's shown enough to demonstrate that, if an occassional mistake is made, it's at least the error of someone who's intelligent and well-informed.

You're clearly imitating Bungee Jumper's penchant for expressing your point of view through cutting put-downs. But unlike him, you've done little or nothing to demonstrate your own ability to understand or articulate complex concepts. This is why you're a Yorkshire terrier who thinks he's a pit bull.

816712[/snapback]

As bungee said, i do this sh-- for a living. Want to know my scientific stance? Go back into the air america thread and read johnny coli's response in the last few pages. That expresses my sentiments exactly. Why? Because he does this sh-- for a living too.

You asked why i wont demonstrate my own ability? Because you have shown that you lack the due intelligence to even UNDERSTAND anything i type. You come up with some baseless bull sh--, some numbers you pulled out of your ass, and a mis-quoted magazine article.

Until you show some, even the slightest SHRED of ability to comprehend anything written, i'm not going to waste my time posting a well-thought out response to you. Its the same old schtick since you've been on the board. You post made up baseless crap, its gets throroughly smacked down, then you come up with more utter crap in a pathetic attempt to push your agenda. And you do all of this without even showing the SLIGHTEST understanding or basic level of knowledge about a given topic.

When arguing with ed about guns, that was expressing an opinion. Here, you're trying to argue with SCIENTIFIC FACT. This isnt my opinion, its the opinion of tens of thousands of people throughout the world. Mathematics tells me that if i roll a die, theres a 1/6 chance of any given number appearing. If i roll it again, theres that same 1/6 chance. What you've done repeatedly, over many topics, is to roll a die once, get a 5 and then preach that 5 is the only number that will ever come up every time you roll.

You asked why i wont demonstrate my own ability? Because you have shown that you lack the due intelligence to even UNDERSTAND anything i type.

Had I merely said that you didn't demonstrate your ability on the eugenics thread, you'd have an excuse to turn this into a misguided attack on me or my ideas. I'm saying that you've not demonstrated your ability on these boards ever. Not in response to me. Not in response to anyone. Ever.

This is why I see you as a Yorkshire terrier in a pitbull's clothing.

Had I merely said that you didn't demonstrate your ability on the eugenics thread, you'd have an excuse to turn this into a misguided attack on me or my ideas. I'm saying that you've not demonstrated your ability on these boards ever. Not in response to me. Not in response to anyone. Ever.

816731[/snapback]

Do you know why you deserve all the insults you get? You clutter the board with crap like this...

If you take away Romo's three boneheaded interceptions, it would have been a magnificent performance.

Guess what? If you take away the bills 5 losses, we are unbeaten!

816731[/snapback]

You perisist in ignoring the fact that, even if he expressed his copious knowledge on the subject, you couldn't understand it anyway. Hence, any demonstration of his would be futile. Hence, he couldn't demonstrate his ability to your satisfaction.

Or in other words, your claim to expertise is being completely incapable of discussing things. :lol:

Is this somehow worse than a young, insecure dude who has nothing better to do than sit around and make an ass of himself on a Buffalo Bills message board?

816433[/snapback]

Yes.

How much time do I spend on here compared to the rest?

Yeah, I thought so. :lol:

So, if i am reading this correctly, according to Ed, we need to kill all muslims. But also according to Ed, guns are bad and need to be taken away.

Are we going to go throw rocks at them?

And just when Ed wasnt being retarded enough, holcombs arm jumps in and brings in his own top-of-the-line brand stupidity.

816658[/snapback]

If you go back to the gun thread Rambo, I stated not everybody should be allowed to own a gun. detox, who was pissed he couldn't shoot someone in the head, should not own a gun.

You cannot compare detox to the miltary, numbnuts. :lol:

You perisist in ignoring the fact that, even if he expressed his copious knowledge on the subject, you couldn't understand it anyway.  Hence, any demonstration of his would be futile.  Hence, he couldn't demonstrate his ability to your satisfaction.

Or in other words, your claim to expertise is being completely incapable of discussing things.  :lol:

816744[/snapback]

There are two flaws in the logic of your above post. 1) Ramius has never, on these boards, expressed "copious knowledge" about anything. Ever. You're assuming he has "copious knowledge" based on his job title--exactly what you accuse Weiss of doing in his study. Except that Weiss was smart enough to see that there's error involved in drawing a correlation between someone's job title and their intelligence level, and he made allowances for this error. 2) I stated that you've demonstrated your abilities to the point where we know you're smart. In light of this, your statement that "[Ramius] couldn't demonstrate his ability to [my] satisfaction" is incorrect. The bottom line here is that, on these boards, Ramius hasn't even tried to demonstrate a deep understanding of anything. Ever.

You're asking me to assume he has this ability, despite the fact that he's not once demonstrated it. Not once. You're welcome to assume whatever you want to about Ramius's supposed intellectual gifts. I require hard evidence.

If you go back to the gun thread Rambo, I stated not everybody should be allowed to own a gun. detox, who was pissed he couldn't shoot someone in the head, should not own a gun.

You cannot compare detox to the miltary, numbnuts.  :lol:

816797[/snapback]

You're wrong.

I'd tell you why, but it's so much more fun watching you be wrong. :lol:

Yes.

How much time do I spend on here compared to the rest?

Yeah, I thought so.  :lol:

816795[/snapback]

Seeing you've had nearly twice as many posts as me after joining about the same time as me you're correct with your question. How much time do you spend on here compared to the rest (which included me)?

Yeah, I thought so too. :lol:

Seeing you've had nearly twice as many posts as me after joining about the same time as me you're correct with your question.  How much time do you spend on here compared to the rest (which included me)?

Yeah, I thought so too.  :lol:

816806[/snapback]

I used to post a lot. Then I got a life.

Look at the rest of the "Circle-Jerk" my friend.

You're wrong.

I'd tell you why, but it's so much more fun watching you be wrong.  :lol:

816805[/snapback]

There are whackjobs everywhere Thomas. I don't care if detox was a friggan General.

When you express remorse over not being able to shoot someone in the head, there is a SERIOUS problem.

There are whackjobs everywhere Thomas. I don't care if detox was a friggan General.

When you express remorse over not being able to shoot someone in the head, there is a SERIOUS problem.

816811[/snapback]

I don't think it was remorse... i think he regretted not shooting a thief in the head.