Anyone speak French?

CosmicBills

Actually I think these long paragraphs could have been avoided since my translation is pretty much right  :blink: I'm not being arrogant, I just use it everyday to speak with friends and such.

Whoever wrote it sucks in the language or is really lazy.  Chances are they were saying I saw you.

811997[/snapback]

Yeah, you were right, if what tgreg typed was accurate.

I'm merely suggesting what might have been intended from a poor or non-speaker who is just piecing it together from a dictionary.

If it's a hot girl in the balance, I'd want to know this if I were tgreg! ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, literal translation is "I see you" as spelled.  Although it is proper French it is very poor and informal.  The polite way is J'ai vu vous.  Which is the really the polite way of saying I see or I saw you.  The way it is spelled is considered very rude and likely she is agreee at you because she saw you somewhere where she didn't expect you. 

And yes I am not kidding.  That truly is the difference.

811941[/snapback]

should i bother telling you why this is wrong? :doh:

Update:

Thank you to all. The mission was a success...she wasn't a stalker, just bad at French apparently. She meant to say "I want you"...but I got an A for effort and things went smoothly.

I even made it in time for my flight to the game...though I am now wishing I stayed home.

Update:

Thank you to all. The mission was a success...she wasn't a stalker, just bad at French apparently. She meant to say "I want you"...but I got an A for effort and things went smoothly.

I even made it in time for my flight to the game...though I am now wishing I stayed home.

813415[/snapback]

at least someone made it to the endzone

Update:

813415[/snapback]

But why is she sending you msg's in french?

But why is she sending you msg's in french?

813465[/snapback]

Met her out and about (not a first meeting) and one thing leads to another. She sends me a text when she left the bar and said if I could figure out what that meant within an hour, she would come over...

She didn't know that I had the French Connection on TSW. (okay, terrible pun, but whatever).

Met her out and about (not a first meeting) and one thing leads to another. She sends me a text when she left the bar and said if I could figure out what that meant within an hour, she would come over...

She didn't know that I had the French Connection on TSW. (okay, terrible pun, but whatever).

813470[/snapback]

lol

congrats