Hellz yeah sabres!!!

Ramius

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should never take those things off.  7 goals and 9 goals in the two games they've worn them.  I did hear the announcers talking about the merchandise sales.  I heard that Sabres gear has accounted for a huge percentage of all NHL merchandise sales so far this year.  For as much flak as the new uni's got, the fans' disappointment is not being shown with their wallets.  Signing your name to an Internet petition is one thing, but the only thing concerning Sabres' brass is merchandise revenue.  Looks like the sluggo is here to stay.

808677[/snapback]

Indeed. Every one of those things are selling for over 100 bucks on ebay. It appears people are actually buying it...

I did hear the announcers talking about the merchandise sales.  I heard that Sabres gear has accounted for a huge percentage of all NHL merchandise sales so far this year.  For as much flak as the new uni's got, the fans' disappointment is not being shown with their wallets.

808677[/snapback]

I'll reserve judgement until I get confirmation from somone other than the crack squad of Versus announcers.

Every shot of the crowd revealed plenty of vintage and AGH jerseys. Granted, I watched it on TV and I'm sure they were there, but I didn't see any of the new design.

This is great...a Flyer fan reaction...

disgusting effort..to get beaten on the scoreboard and not having any pride to even defend yourself when you are being face washed and laughed at, a Flyer team not having anyone that can even stand up Andrew ****ing peters....I am sick today.

They got beat up, had their GF taken and ****ed right in front of them and didn't do a damn thing....

Still a long season, they can turn things around if they do the right things quickly, like add some balls to this team. They have a long layoff from Sat-Thur to reflect on this **** and evaluate the value of guys that are fast and aren't scoring vs. guys that arent fast, won't score but will make someone pay when we get pushed around blownout.

I am truly embarrassed to be a Flyer fan today...

I'll reserve judgement until I get confirmation from somone other than the crack squad of Versus announcers.

Every shot of the crowd revealed plenty of vintage and AGH jerseys. Granted, I watched it on TV and I'm sure they were there, but I didn't see any of the new design.

808771[/snapback]

I actually heard it from Ed Kilgore on Channel 2 Sports here in Buffalo. Here's what's posted on the Sabres website:

The National Hockey League announced on Tuesday the Buffalo Sabres jersey is currently the number one selling jersey on NHL.com. Since the team unveiled its new logo and team colors on September 16, Sabres merchandise has accounted for nearly 10 per cent of all products sold on the web site.

During the period of September 23 to October 16, sales of Sabres merchandise is up nearly 900 per cent from the same period in 2005. Overall sales of league merchandise on NHL.com are up 85 per cent compared to the same period last year.

808771[/snapback]

I didn't go to the game last night, but I can assure you there's one hanging in my closet.

I saw a few slug logos, mainly hats and tshirts. I don't recall seeing one new slug jersey last night. What is truly pathetic about the situation is Sabres merchandise would likely be about 30% of all sales if they even OFFERED a vinatage jersey.

On that note, since the Sabres are only wearing vintage at home, I assume this mean no white jerseys?

They should never take those things off.  7 goals and 9 goals in the two games they've worn them.  I did hear the announcers talking about the merchandise sales.  I heard that Sabres gear has accounted for a huge percentage of all NHL merchandise sales so far this year.  For as much flak as the new uni's got, the fans' disappointment is not being shown with their wallets.  Signing your name to an Internet petition is one thing, but the only thing concerning Sabres' brass is merchandise revenue.  Looks like the sluggo is here to stay.

808677[/snapback]

The abominable snot smear is selling currently because of a few things:

1. People haven't bought much Sabres merchandise the last 2 seasons because of the lockout and then the announcement that b&g was coming soon.

2. There is a definite"buzz" about the Sabres that has been going since last December. When you have more talk on WGR about the Sabres logo and arbitration on the opening day of Bills camp, you know you have got something going.

3. People want to share in the excitement of the team. They've already sold more tickets than they sold all last season. Some people are sharing the excitement by going to the games, others by buying merchandise.

4. You can't buy the new 3rd sweaters. If you could, they would be outselling the abominable snot smear. The new blue uni is decent minus the logo. I'm not a fan of the white one, but apparently some are. I find it almost impossible to believe though, having seen the 2 blues in person and on TV that the majority of people buying stuff now would choose the abominable snot smear if given the choice between the 2.

5. Even if you could buy the new 3rd sweaters, Larry Quinn is on record as saying they will be a darker shade of blue in the near future. Just as people held off on buying r&b merchandise last year because they wanted b&g, some people when they finally can buy the new 3rds will hold off waiting for the "real" ones coming out next year.

As much merchandise as the Sabres will sell with the abominable snot smear on it, having come out with GOOD uniforms and GOOD logos would have resulted in FAR MORE sales than they will get with this abomination.

Every single media outlet, other than WGR, that I have seen and every single hockey fan site (not Sabre specific) that I have seen thinks the old unis are "timeless" or "classic" and ridicule the abominable snot smear.

The Sabres will sell merchandise this year. Had they not put such an abortion on their sweaters, they could have sold a lot more.

As much merchandise as the Sabres will sell with the abominable snot smear on it, having come out with GOOD uniforms and GOOD logos would have resulted in FAR MORE sales than they will get with this abomination.

809023[/snapback]

No doubt about it. But that doesn't really matter. All that matters is that they can cite statistics showing that they have the #1 selling jersey in the NHL, so of course they are going to assume everyone loves it. It has more to do with the reasons you laid out in your post (nobody's bought uni's in a few years, great team, etc.) than the fact that people love them and want to wear them.

It would be interesting to see where the Sabres landed in merchandise sales the year they switched to the goat head in the 90's. Clearly that jersey was a mistake, and the team essentially admitted so by changing them yet again. So, if that jersey was a #1 seller also, that evidence could be used to refute Larry Quinn's eventual argument of, "See, I told you people would love the jersey, we're the #1 seller." No, actually, people will buy anything that's new if they support the product on the ice.

I agree, the jersey design is great. The logo is appalling. Isn't it only fitting that this is the year the Sabres switch to that garbage, when they will probably be getting the most national attention in their history??? What a shame. Something just didn't look right in Detroit when the Red Wings came out in their timeless reds, and Buffalo came out in white w/ blue sleeves with the yellow slug. We might as well have been Nashville.

Oh, it'll matter when the third hits the shelves and starts flying out the door and the smear ends up being just that.  Mark my words.

Does ANYONE know when the third is coming out for us lowly fans?  ANYONE?

809425[/snapback]

They're changing the third jersey also. It will still be the old school Sabres design, but for next season, they are changing the color to match the midnight blue of the new slug jersey. I don't believe they will be available for sale until next season when that color change is made.

They're changing the third jersey also.  It will still be the old school Sabres design, but for next season, they are changing the color to match the midnight blue of the new slug jersey.  I don't believe they will be available for sale until next season when that color change is made.

810111[/snapback]

Morons.