Hellz yeah sabres!!!

Ramius

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who could've possibly imagined where a 9-1 blowout involving the Flyers had zero fights. They were completely defeated tonight. Esche did his part by keeping them in it after one period. I can't understand why Hitchcock didn't give him the courtesy yank after the brutal 2nd period.

I said it in a thread earlier today- Flyers are the same slow, lumbering, one-line team that the Sabres exposed in the playoffs.

Hatcher was in cement when Max coasted by him!

I'd bet this is your reason:

Empty Place

808530[/snapback]

Asked Monday about Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock's decision to start him against the Sabres, Esche said, "I don't try getting in his head, that's for sure. It's an empty place."

:P

But then...

Hitchcock said he's confident Esche can handle playing against the Sabres.

So maybe Esche has a point... ;)

But then...

So maybe Esche has a point...  ;)

808543[/snapback]

It sure looked that way the last 40 minutes.

Although R.E(t)sche did have one heck of a 1st 20 minutes and he was completely hung out to dry by his teammates after that.

Let me guess:  your baseball team is the Royals?

808483[/snapback]

Nope, Braves :)

That's what happens when your father's job requires you to move around about every two years when you're a kid :P

Braves were the first pro team I ever loved....back in the days of Dale Murphy, Bob Horner, Bruce Benedict, Claudell Washington, Brett Butler, Raphael Ramirez, Glen Hubbard, and Chris Chambliss.

Moved to Rochester in 1985 and started following the Bills.

Sort of followed the Amerks when I lived in Rochester, but never really became a big hockey fan. I started following both the sixers and flyers when I was in Philly going to school at Temple U.

So those are my four teams....always will be ;)

Ya gotta hand it to the Flyers fans, they sure know their team.  Here's a post from this afternoon before the game:

808579[/snapback]

Beautiful. You know this team is for real when Flyer's fans are tossing themselves under the bus.

Favorite stat of the game: Buffalo had seven different goal scorers in the game. Philly has six different goal scorers this SEASON.

I can't understand why Hitchcock didn't give him the courtesy yank after the brutal 2nd period. 

Is that like a reach around?

808651[/snapback]

I think he didn't yank him because of what he said in the interview earlier in the day. Talk smack about me, now pay the price sorta thing.

Also the broadcasters said during the game last night that the new Sabres jerseys are the top seller on NHL.com. Personally I prefer the retros that both they and I were wearing last night!

Also the broadcasters said during the game last night that the new Sabres jerseys are the top seller on NHL.com. Personally I prefer the retros that both they and I were wearing last night!

808654[/snapback]

They should never take those things off. 7 goals and 9 goals in the two games they've worn them. I did hear the announcers talking about the merchandise sales. I heard that Sabres gear has accounted for a huge percentage of all NHL merchandise sales so far this year. For as much flak as the new uni's got, the fans' disappointment is not being shown with their wallets. Signing your name to an Internet petition is one thing, but the only thing concerning Sabres' brass is merchandise revenue. Looks like the sluggo is here to stay.