Here it is, the official Why the hell didn't we

ACor58

yea, Leinart looks good early. I watched last week vs. KC and he was impressive then too. The Cards have a very below average O-line. No one on the Buffalo BIlls board can use the O-line as a crutch for JP when compared to Leinart. Here's where Leinart pummels JP after only 1+ games

1) Pocket/situational awareness. Matt doesn't have the wheels so he uses his instincts.

2) Poise- no happy feet backpedaling- yet..and very mature looking for a rookie.

3) Quick decision making

4) accuracy- seems very accurate to me and throws a great touch pass.

5) Inexperience- ha! this just proves that when a QB has "it" ...he has it period. Lack of experience is acceptable for about 6 games, then a QB has to show the skills or he will be riding the bench.

By the way, i like JP and will be driving 500 miles to see him play NE this Sunday. I hope the best for him.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you happen to catch Sundays game and our turnstile Left Tackle?

806989[/snapback]

OK, I forgot the little known Gandy clause. Though Terrance could have used a little help (like maybe another 2' in height)...

See - Arizona's D is on fire! <_<

When he was in NYC for the Heisman ceremony, it was over 40º - and he thought it was really, really cold.

Has he played in any cold weather yet? Just askin'...

806991[/snapback]

<_<:D

What? What?

How's my hair look?

yea, Leinart looks good early.  I watched last week vs. KC and he was impressive then too.  The Cards have a very below average O-line.  No one on the Buffalo BIlls board can use the O-line as a crutch for JP when compared to Leinart.  Here's where Leinart pummels JP after only 1+ games

1) Pocket/situational awareness.  Matt doesn't have the wheels so he uses his instincts.

2) Poise- no happy feet backpedaling- yet..and very mature looking for a rookie.

3) Quick decision making

4) accuracy- seems very accurate to me and throws a great touch pass.

5) Inexperience- ha!  this just proves that when a QB has "it" ...he has it period.  Lack of experience is acceptable for about 6 games,  then a QB has to show the skills or he will be riding the bench.

By the way, i like JP and will be driving 500 miles to see him play NE this Sunday.  I hope the best for him.

806995[/snapback]

But you missed the biggest point. HE HAS PROTECTION AND TIME TO EAT A SANDWICH BACK THERE!!!

As long as we're doing this, where are the threads for every single good player we didn't draft, because frankly, get over it. Losman has been average, if you ignore the Bear's game he's thrown 5 TD's and 2 INT's with a >60% completion percentage in 5 games. Who on this board WOULD have complained about that last year?

Here you go

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/drafts

Find us a nice A team that we should have drafted

It is humorous how people on this board have gone out of their way to trash Leinart.  The guy is a good QB plain and simple.

806972[/snapback]

I have the same opinion of Leinart that I had at draft time. The guy will be a good QB if he lands in the right place. Buffalo in December isn't that place. Arizona in a dome suits his abilities perfectly.

But you missed the biggest point. HE HAS PROTECTION AND TIME TO EAT A SANDWICH BACK THERE!!!

807007[/snapback]

I know you're joking... Arizona's line stinks. Funny how for Warner they couldn't run block, plass block or anything. It's the QB, period. He's making hot reads and getting the ball out fast and with touch/accuracy.

I know you're joking...  Arizona's line stinks.  Funny how for Warner they couldn't run block, plass block or anything.  It's the QB, period.  He's making hot reads and getting the ball out fast and with touch/accuracy.

807011[/snapback]

Yeah Arizonas line does suck. Edge cant even get yards behind that line.

I know you're joking...  Arizona's line stinks.  Funny how for Warner they couldn't run block, plass block or anything.  It's the QB, period.  He's making hot reads and getting the ball out fast and with touch/accuracy.

807011[/snapback]

What game are you watching?

First time he got pressure he threw a duck that was almost intercepted.

Second time - threw off his back foot and the pass was knocked down.

When he was in NYC for the Heisman ceremony, it was over 40º - and he thought it was really, really cold.

Has he played in any cold weather yet? Just askin'...

806991[/snapback]

I think there is a good point that Buffalo would not have been a good fit for Matt Leinart. I mean, this guy grew up in Southern California, was the toast of LA in college, he was even dating Paris Hilston. Can you imagine a guy like that fitting in in Buffalo, let alone being happy here?

JDG

I saw Leinart play in the Orange Bowl against OU. His arm was plenty strong. Tom Brady does not have the strongest arm and always seems to do well in Buffalo.

It is more than just an arm.  There are plenty of guys who have had strong arms that have not made it in the NFL.

806982[/snapback]

Tom Brady doesnt have a strong arm??? Do you watch football? He can throw the ball farther than most of the QB's in this league, just because he doesnt throw rockets on every play like Favre and JP doesnt mean is arm isnt strong <_<

807025[/snapback]

O.k., so Leinart isn't perfect and makes some bad plays. On the other hand, he seems to be making a lot more positive plays than JP Losman does....

JDG

O.k., so Leinart isn't perfect and makes some bad plays.    On the other hand, he seems to be making a lot more positive plays than JP Losman does....

JDG

807037[/snapback]

Anybody can come out and have a great 1st quarter or two. If someone from another team only watched JP's 1st quarter against Miami last year they'd be posting, "WHY THE HELL DIDN'T WE DRAFT LOSMAN?!" Point being people get too excited about a player for a good game or two and too down on a player for a bad game or two.

I have the same opinion of Leinart that I had at draft time.  The guy will be a good QB if he lands in the right place.  Buffalo in December isn't that place.  Arizona in a dome suits his abilities perfectly.

807010[/snapback]

I agree. I'm still behind JP, but if I had to pick a QB to have drafted this past April, I'd have gone with Cutler. Leinart is a west coast pretty boy....you couldn't be much more opposite of what we need than that.

Anybody can come out and have a great 1st quarter or two.  If someone from another team only watched JP's 1st quarter against Miami last year they'd be posting, "WHY THE HELL DIDN'T WE DRAFT LOSMAN?!"  Point being people get too excited about a player for a good game or two and too down on a player for a bad game or two.

807045[/snapback]

Well, in my case its approximately five quarters, since I watched most of Leinart's game against Kansas City last week. He looked good to me then too... He looked great to me in college (I think he's going to be a great pro).... and now he just has played an oustanding quarter against what most people consider to be the best defense in the League.

Can you even *imagine* JP Losman having a 1st Quarter like this against the Bears? And how many games has Leinart played again???

JDG

Anybody can come out and have a great 1st quarter or two.  If someone from another team only watched JP's 1st quarter against Miami last year they'd be posting, "WHY THE HELL DIDN'T WE DRAFT LOSMAN?!"  Point being people get too excited about a player for a good game or two and too down on a player for a bad game or two.

807045[/snapback]

Tell me about it. He looks good but lets see how he plays on the road.

807025[/snapback]

Dude. Arizona has a bad line.

Tom Brady doesnt have a strong arm??? Do you watch football? He can throw the ball farther than most of the QB's in this league, just because he doesnt throw rockets on every play like Favre and JP doesnt mean is arm isnt strong  <_<

807034[/snapback]

Brady does nothave a bad arm but its certainly not one of the strongest in the league. Favre, Bledsoe, Vick, Leftwhich, and watching Losman throw into the win he might have a stronger arm than Brady. That being said there are a ton who have weaker arms. I would rate Brady around 10-12th