O.K. Marv, tell me again

Wasn't the linemen. Tell the lbers to make a tackle once in a while. Spikes was off, Fletcher didn't have a good game, and Crow had his normal 10 or more tackles 7+ yards down the field. Of course that assume Crow decides to make the tackle at all. :blink:

Wasn't the linemen.  Tell the lbers to make a tackle once in a while.  Spikes was off, Fletcher didn't have a good game, and Crow had his normal 10 or more tackles 7+ yards down the field.  Of course that assume Crow decides to make the tackle at all.  :blink:

805153[/snapback]

Don't forget that relentless pass rush being generated by the DEs.

Wasn't the linemen.  Tell the lbers to make a tackle once in a while.  Spikes was off, Fletcher didn't have a good game, and Crow had his normal 10 or more tackles 7+ yards down the field.

805153[/snapback]

Yes it was. You're supposed to get a pass rush from the DT's in the Tampa 2, and it hasn't been there for most of the season.

As for Schobel, Kelsay, Denney - same old story, very overrated. No pressures or hurries on a disgustingly large % of plays. Donahoe's legacy reinforced right here...

Larry Tripplett is heading into bust territory.

I'm more upset with the DB coverage. It was not the rookie safety play that has hurt us the past 3 weeks it has been veteran cb getting owned!

805156[/snapback]

Yeah Mcgee has looked bad, but on a few today, it looked like he was expecting safety help and the safety wasn't there. In addition some of those slant routes have got to call for inside coverage from a LB. Neither happened. In a cover 2 the CB has responsibility for out patterns outside of the hash with safety lb help to the inside. The LBers and safeties are just as responsible as Mcgee was for his poor performance.

Yes it was. You're supposed to get a pass rush from the DT's in the Tampa 2, and it hasn't been there for most of the season.

As for Schobel, Kelsay, Denney - same old story, very overrated. No pressures or hurries on a disgustingly large % of plays. Donahoe's legacy reinforced right here...

Larry Tripplett is heading into bust territory.

805165[/snapback]

The Tampa 2 had Warren Sapp in the middle. We must be running the Tampa 2 lite.

VA...I agree, LBs did not have a good game, but the tackles have to generate some push, or at least a stalemate.

The Tampa 2 had Warren Sapp in the middle.  We must be running the Tampa 2 lite.

VA...I agree, LBs did not have a good game, but the tackles have to generate some push, or at least a stalemate.

805413[/snapback]

Watch the Bears tomorrow night. They play this defense and have the talent (starters and depth) to do it well. Bills talent several rungs down the ladder from them. Tough to fix D-line and O-line in just 1 year when you need some new players. Took the Bears 2-3 years to develop the D-line they have now.

how the lighter, faster DT are better??

805145[/snapback]

I'm not sure we have the defensive tackles right now to compete with the better guards in this league. I like what I see from Kyle Williams but he can't do it by himself. Our defensive ends are more suited to play the rush. Denney is probably our best defensive end against the run.