I Can't Be The Only One.....

You and all the other Negative Nancys who don't understand that Detroit is in no medical condition to win this game. Take a look at Miami's O-line and now think that Detroit wishes they had Miami's O-line. Now take away Detroit's best receiver. Are you starting to get the picture? Or do I have to fill your half empty glass?

You and all the other Negative Nancys who don't understand that Detroit is in no medical condition to win this game.  Take a look at Miami's O-line and now think that Detroit wishes they had Miami's O-line.  Now take away Detroit's best receiver.  Are you starting to get the picture?  Or do I have to fill your half empty glass?

803198[/snapback]

LOL, thanks for the shot of confidence. That last game was just such a bummer. But the Bears really are the real deal.

You and all the other Negative Nancys who don't understand that Detroit is in no medical condition to win this game.  Take a look at Miami's O-line and now think that Detroit wishes they had Miami's O-line.  Now take away Detroit's best receiver.  Are you starting to get the picture?  Or do I have to fill your half empty glass?

803198[/snapback]

Now, take that same team, give them back their #1 wide receiver, who is going to play, and take away some more health from the Bills best CB in Clements and I can easily show you where the glass might start spilling toward half empty again.

This is a huge and telling game for just where the Bills stand at this point. A game they should win, can seperate them from the bottom feeders of the league and into the middle of the NFL. Then come the Pats to our house.

God, don't mess this up!

But the Bears really are the real deal.

803202[/snapback]

Why do you say that? Because they beat a Bills team who dropped about 3-4 gimme interceptions? Or beat a Bills team who who had a WR (price) drop 2 balls, 1 which would have resulted in a near first down? Beat a Bills team who's QB threw 3 really bad INT's? Or because they barely beat Minnesota, a team we handled? Or because their opponents overal win-loss record is 9-15???

Listen. I get what your saying and Chicago looks like the best bet to win the NFC this year, but I wouldnt call them the real deal until after week 14 when they will have at least played Giants, Patriots, and St. Louis, who have a current win-loss record of 10-4

803198[/snapback]

I admire your optimism, I am optimistic but I ain't opening my mouth about anything. Whenever I seem to think that a game is a shoe-in (?) I am always completely wrong.

My philosophy and approach is that the glass is half full but I'm not letting anyone know about it. If they ask me I just tell them that there is no glass and to please move along, there's nothing to see here.

Of course if the Bills play poorly I want to fill that glass with the most surly of pessimism and then smash it on the head of the happy go luckys.

Why do you say that? Because they beat a Bills team who dropped about 3-4 gimme interceptions? Or beat a Bills team who who had a WR (price) drop 2 balls, 1 which would have resulted in a near first down? Beat a Bills team who's QB threw 3 really bad INT's? Or because they barely beat Minnesota, a team we handled? Or because their opponents overal win-loss record is 9-15???

Listen. I get what your saying and Chicago looks like the best bet to win the NFC this year, but I wouldnt call them the real deal until after week 14 when they will have at least played Giants, Patriots, and St. Louis, who have a current win-loss record of 10-4

803229[/snapback]

I appreciate your enthusiasim, but didn't you say last week, the Bills had a great chance to beat the Bears, because the Bills were better than anyone thought, and the Bears were not as good as everyone thinks? So what gives? Is Chicago now pretty good, or the Bills pretty bad? Why did you and others think that the Bills wins over "powerhouses" like Miami and Minnesota, and "moral victories" over the Patriots and mighty Jets gave them a realistic shot at beating the Bears? Does the Bills victory over the Vikings mean nothing, because a stupid penalty, and a drop by a wide-open Vikings receiver helped them tremendously? In the end, the Bills won, so we think it was a good win. I suspect the Bears feel the same way about all of their "crappy" wins.

This isn't college football. The very best teams are very capable of losing to the worst teams, on any given Sunday...5-0 is nothing to scoff at...

I appreciate your enthusiasim, but didn't you say last week, the Bills had a great chance to beat the Bears, because the Bills were better than anyone thought, and the Bears were not as good as everyone thinks? So what gives? Is Chicago now pretty good, or the Bills pretty bad?

Neither. The Bears played like any good team should play AT HOME, and the Bills missed many opportunites that the Bears handed to them ... AT LEAST 3-4 interceptions that were in the hands of Bills players. Your right. The Bears planned that right?

Why did you and others think that the Bills wins over "powerhouses" like Miami and Minnesota, and "moral victories" over the Patriots and mighty Jets gave them a realistic shot at beating the Bears?

When did I say the Bills would beat the Bears :doh:

Does the Bills victory over the Vikings mean nothing, because a stupid penalty, and a drop by a wide-open Vikings receiver helped them tremendously? In the end, the Bills won, so we think it was a good win. I suspect the Bears feel the same way about all of their "crappy" wins.

Does the Bills-Vikings game mean nothing? YES! If we beat the Bears 63-0 last week, this week it would mean NOTHING because we are playing another team. That being said, that score shows that we beat a team and we are a good team. But if we continue to beat teams like the Bears over and over and over again then it will mean something. But if we continued to beat Teams that have a combined loss record nearly double their win record, then NO its not going to mean anything because as soon as you play a team worth its salt, their gonna kick your butt.

This isn't college football. The very best teams are very capable of losing to the worst teams, on any given Sunday...5-0 is nothing to scoff at...

803282[/snapback]

:P:devil::devil::devil::devil: The Colts were 13-0 and then lost in the playoffs :doh::doh:

My philosophy and approach is that the glass is half full but I'm not letting anyone know about it. 

803280[/snapback]

The glass is ONLY half full... or empty. That cliche has never been much of an encouragement.

Jauron coached this Lion team, Fairchild knows this Martz fellow pretty well, they're injured...blah, blah, blah. Unfortunately this Bills team has a style of play that keeps the game CLOSE when it works. It should work against the depleted Lions, but it's a high wire act just the same.

because as soon as you play a team worth its salt, their gonna kick your butt.

803293[/snapback]

Kinda sounds like the Bears game to me. I bleed Buffalo Bills blue, (the old color), but from the game I watched, if Buffalo intercepts two, the offense still does jack with the ball, and we just get a little less pounded. Chicago flat out owned us.

They are a good team that is playing well. They didn't write the schedule, and, yes, it has been pretty easy so far, but they are getting the job done.

It's (hopefully) simple.

Bills beat the Lions, then beat the Patsies at home.

At the bye:

New England 4-2

Buffalo 4-3

Jets 3-4 (Jets lose to Miami and then beat the Lions)

Miami 2-5 (Miami beats the Jets and then loses to the Packers)

Best thing is that we will have two weeks to get healthy and prepare for the Packers, could be 5-3 going into the Indy game. Which will be a scary one. I would love and am expecting to see that record.

803198[/snapback]

Harvey, I am not saying that we will lose, but it is always hard for a football team to win on the road, and in a dome. This is why the line is so small.

I think that a win on Sunday would be a major accomplishment in that sense. You see, I hate to hear talk of "easy teams," etc. Wins all look the same in the box score. A road game like this is huge for JP and the coaching staff. They all have a lot to prove.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bills 19

Lions 14

Now, take that same team, give them back their #1 wide receiver, who is going to play, and take away some more health from the Bills best CB in Clements and I can easily show you where the glass might start spilling toward half empty again.

This is a huge and telling game for just where the Bills stand at this point.  A game they should win, can seperate them from the bottom feeders of the league and into the middle of the NFL.  Then come the Pats to our house.

God, don't mess this up!

803214[/snapback]

Clements is our best CB? Really? Your talking about this year, right?

He doesn't seem to be playing like our best CB, although I don't think any of the CB's are playing well

803198[/snapback]

You were saying???? :blink:

803198[/snapback]

Excellent analysis.

803198[/snapback]

Boy dont you feel stupid :blink::doh: