Selling my ford ranger

So I just have Pep Boys do some work on my truck because I am going to sell it and they park it in their lot next to a brick wall on a decline.

I start it up....push in the clutch...apply gas...but it is on a decline and smacks the brick wall....

It doesn't dent the truck but it does scuff up a rubber portion of the bumper (didn't dammage the chrome)

Is there any way to take the "scuff" out? can buffed in some way?

Nothing will really take the scuff out. A little Armor All on the bumper trim will probably cover it up and make the rubber appear to all one tone. If that doesn't work Mothers sells a great product for car trim (anything which is an exterior plastic, rubber, or vinyl on a car or boat) called Back to Black. It costs about $5.00 and works wonders. The trim does not need to be black to use it either, it can be any color. It basically removes oxidation, helps with scatches & scuffs, etc.

So I just have Pep Boys do some work on my truck because I am going to sell it and they park it in their lot next to a brick wall on a decline.

I start it up....push in the clutch...apply gas...but it is on a decline and smacks the brick wall....

It doesn't dent the truck but it does scuff up a rubber portion of the bumper (didn't dammage the chrome)

Is there any way to take the "scuff" out?  can buffed in some way?

801292[/snapback]

You need to ride the clutch a little there John. :doh:

Try some compound, then some armor-all. Or do what Tom says. :(

Is there any way to take the "scuff" out?  can buffed in some way?

801292[/snapback]

so you are selling the wreck .how much ????

How the heck did you hit the wall?... Did you know the wall was there?...

Sorry for giving you the fifth degree... Sounds like something my wife would do.

I know on the newer autos you have to throw the clutch in to get it to start... Why not have your right foot on the brake and do what Eryn said... Start riding the clutch and then go to gas??

Again... Sorry... Just giving you the biz... Good luck getting the scuff out...

:lol:

How the heck did you hit the wall?... Did you know the wall was there?...

Sorry for giving you the fifth degree... Sounds like something my wife would do.

I know on the newer autos you have to throw the clutch in to get it to start... Why not have your right foot on the brake and do what Eryn said... Start riding the clutch and then go to gas??

Again... Sorry... Just giving you the biz... Good luck getting the scuff out...

:lol:

801523[/snapback]

They parked in on a decline and right next to the wall....I really did give it clutch and gas but it just didn't catch in time and smacked it.....

I felt like smacking the guy that fricken parked it there......

I felt like smacking the guy that fricken parked it there......

802004[/snapback]

You were driving, John. Your fault. If you felt it was to tough for you to get it out from that spot, you should have asked Pep boy's to move it. If they would have done what you did, you then would of had some recourse.

Dems Da Facts, John, sorry man...........

You were driving, John. Your fault. If you felt it was to tough for you to get it out from that spot, you should have asked  Pep boy's to move it. If they would have done what you did, you then would of had some recourse.

Dems Da Facts, John, sorry man...........

802020[/snapback]

I have suspicion about folks with undamaged trucks or SUVs or 4-wheel drive vehicles. I bought my dog-dish S-10 new in 1998. A month or so later, some cur put a nice dent in the driver's side door in a parking lot and boogied away.

Did me a favor; I've never washed the thing since, and I park anywhere with abandon. :lol:

I have suspicion about folks with undamaged trucks or SUVs or 4-wheel drive vehicles. I bought my dog-dish S-10 new in 1998. A month or so later, some cur put a nice dent in the driver's side door in a parking lot and boogied away.

Did me a favor; I've never washed the thing since, and I park anywhere with abandon. :)

802034[/snapback]

In a strange way Cincy this makes me feel better....

My wife is always telling me to trade in my old vehicle when I buy something different....but they dont give you crap for it....

But the advantage is you dont have to worry about selling it either.....

Did me a favor; I've never washed the thing since, and I park anywhere with abandon. :doh:

802034[/snapback]

I keep a nice half dollar size "star" in the middle of my windshield... :P:devil:

Not saying where it happened... :devil::doh:

And anyway... I can paint in all white and not get a drop on me... Lets just leave it at that!

Like people who complain about icy patches on ski slopes... If you don't like them or can't handle it, just go around them... This advice given to me from a wise ski instructor...

Go ahead, have your suspicion...

:devil::devil: