I have an idea.

Acantha

We just chalk this game up as a very young team with lots rookies on the field, with all new coaches and systems, losing to one of (if not the) best teams in the league.....and just leave it at that.

Any way we can do without a week of "everyone sucks" and must go?

C'mon everyone...how bout it? All together now...."We'll get em next week!"

We just chalk this game up as a very young team with lots rookies on the field, with all new coaches and systems, losing to one of (if not the) best teams in the league.....and just leave it at that.

C'mon everyone...how bout it?  All together now...."We'll get em next week!"

799008[/snapback]

Is there an anti-tard of the week award. Agree completerly with your post!

799008[/snapback]

Terrific idea!

I will go one further. I remember many times during the SB years how we came out of the gate pretty fast only to get out asses handed to us in week 3 or 4. I always felt those loses early in the season helped the team stay a bit more humble and a lot more focused.

Time will tell, but the growth of a team, especially a young one like this, is often every bit as much about the loses as the wins.

799008[/snapback]

I like your optimism, but somehow I think the bashers will still alive and well this week here on TBD. Me included. :devil:

799008[/snapback]

No way!!! Blow the whole thing up and start over again...new coaches, new players, new water boy, new fans...everything.... :devil:

Anyone who didn't expect that there would be weeks like this during this season was being woefully unrealistic. A young team got its ass handed to it by arguably the best team in football. It may not happen but I would love to see a rematch in late January or early February of 08 or 09....We are on a path -- but it will take time...this was our worst game and it came against the best team--that's a formula for a 40-7 loss. Next up the Lions...learn from the train wreck but move on..

799008[/snapback]

Let's kick some detroit ars!

I agree. Thus far we've been in every game except this one. I'd rather get blown out by an NFC team rather than an AFC team or worse an AFC East team. How they respond to this will tell a lot about where they are as a team.

Even our great teams played like this sometimes and it was nice to break that TD pass streak.  I've already moved on....

799035[/snapback]

That is a great point, Scott. Remember some of those games at Arrowhead or Three Rivers. We took some whippings during those glory days.

Where are they and how much you want for them? Or are you kidding about not going?

799231[/snapback]

Eh...just kidding. Just tired, sun burned, and hungover from the game...the last road game I went to was the ass kicking that we got from San Diego last year.

799008[/snapback]

Count me in. A game like this had to happen this season with all the rebuilding. I am more interested in how the team responds in the coming weeks - do we fall off a precipice or regain our fighting spirit displayed in the first 4 weeks ?

Eh...just kidding.  Just tired, sun burned, and hungover from the game...the last road game I went to was the ass kicking that we got from San Diego last year.

799236[/snapback]

I figured as much but just to be safe, I had to ask.