What if the Bills do beat the Bears??

BoondckCL

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.. Willis needs alot of help getting to the second level. Then, once he's there he needs to juke and or mow people over and try . Chip away (if possible) at their d with our running game and control the clock. Pull out the whole playbook or at least the majority of it. Take the training wheels off our boy and let him run the show. Or start off heavy on the pass 4 or 5 wide sets and dink and dunk ala Pats then open up then slowly build up the run alternating Willis and A-train (keep them fresh).

A great showing by special teams is needed. A Mc Gee return or a Parrish return would be huge. Remember it's 1/3 of the game.

I hate to be cliche, but if the bills beat the bears, then it's just another sunday in the nfl. You're happy about it for a few days then get ready for the next game. Maybe it's just that this team hasn't made the playoffs since 99 or won a playoff game since 95, but I find it hard to get excited about a regular season win. I know, I know the team is young, and they're growing within the system, and I have the patience for that, but a win is just that a win. It beats losing :w00t:

What we need to do to win-

1. Dictate field position- This will be crucial, the last thing we want to do is give the bears short fields to work with. Moorman will have to have a big game. Forcing Punts and hopefully roscoe can get us good returns. I'd rather not see too many kick returns that would obviously mean chicago is scoring far too much.

2. Run the football- I'm old school in my football beliefs. More so then at home running on the road is crucial to success. Namely wins. Simply put the top 10 rushing offenses in the nfl right now are a combined 23-14. Establish the run. I think we can have more sucesss running up the gut this week as opposed to last week. Where I would have advocated attacking the outside of the vikings defense. This week I'd test the middle. They have smallish interior but amazing speed. Power it out is our best bet for an effective run game. Chicago is 19th in the league in yards per attempt allowed, so they can be run on

3. Manage the game- I dont know why people so get so offended at this. The best qb in the nfl is a game manager (Tom Brady). Substain long drives, put ourselves in manageable down and distance. Convert key 3rd downs. We're not gonna win against the bears if we're facing constant 3rd and longs they'll tee off on Losman and The run game will become a quick non factor. Hopefully Losman takes what the defenses gives him when its there. Managing the game does not mean Marty Ball conservative football. It simply means limiting game killing mistakes, and keeping the team ahead on the clock and tire out the defense so taking shots downfield becomes easier.

4. Pressure/Pressure/Pressure- I know the bears offense has performed well, and while they will run the football their rush offense ranks 3rd in attempts 27th in yards per attempt and 17th in yards I'm not saying completly ignore the run, but if we can get the bears in passing situations and force grossman to beat us I think we can expose the bears offense, and create turnover opportunities.

All in all while the realist in me doesn't think we will win. The Bears are not an invincible machine and can be beaten.

Prediction- Bears 20- 14

I hate to be cliche, but if the bills beat the bears, then it's just another sunday in the nfl.  You're happy about it for a few days then get ready for the next game.  Maybe it's just that this team hasn't made the playoffs since 99 or won a playoff game since 95, but I find it hard to get excited about a regular season win.  I know, I know the team is young, and they're growing within the system, and I have the patience for that, but a win is just that a win.  It beats losing  :w00t:

What we need to do to win-

1. Dictate field position- This will be crucial, the last thing we want to do is give the bears short fields to work with.  Moorman will have to have a big game.  Forcing Punts and hopefully roscoe can get us good returns.  I'd rather not see too many kick returns that would obviously mean chicago is scoring far too much.

2.  Run the football-  I'm old school in my football beliefs.  More so then at home running on the road is crucial to success. Namely wins. Simply put the top 10 rushing offenses in the nfl right now are a combined 23-14.  Establish the run.  I think we can have more sucesss running up the gut this week as opposed to last week. Where I would have advocated attacking the outside of the vikings defense. This week I'd test the middle. They have smallish interior but amazing speed. Power it out is our best bet for an effective run game. Chicago is 19th in the league in yards per attempt allowed, so they can be run on

3. Manage the game- I dont know why people so get so offended at this. The best qb in the nfl is a game manager (Tom Brady).  Substain long drives, put ourselves in manageable down and distance. Convert key 3rd downs.  We're not gonna win against the bears if we're facing constant 3rd and longs they'll tee off on Losman and The run game will become a quick non factor. Hopefully Losman takes what the defenses gives him when its there.  Managing the game does not mean Marty Ball conservative football.  It simply means limiting game killing mistakes, and keeping the team ahead on the clock and tire out the defense so taking  shots downfield becomes easier.

4. Pressure/Pressure/Pressure-  I know the bears offense has performed well, and while they will run the football their rush offense ranks 3rd in attempts 27th in yards per attempt and 17th in yards I'm not saying completly ignore the run, but if we can get the bears in passing situations and force grossman to beat us I think we can expose the bears offense, and create turnover opportunities.

All in all while the realist in me doesn't think we will win.  The Bears are not an invincible machine and can be beaten.

Prediction- Bears 20- 14

795842[/snapback]

Good post except the Bills will come out on top !

What do we have to do to pull it off?

Besides scoring more points than them. I already see that coming.

795776[/snapback]

Given Da Bears have given up a total of 13 points in 2 games at home, I think the Bills defense will have to score a TD to have a chance.

795776[/snapback]

Whoever plays a mistake free game wins it. Right now I think the Bears are better poised to do this then our Bills.

795776[/snapback]

On Offense we need to attack the end zone outside the 20. I see no chance of us winning a goaline battle with the Bears defense. We also should be looking to get JP outside the pocket as much as possible. Tommie Harris is the real deal, and he will eat our interior alive. I hope Fairchild also implements some no huddle to keep Chicago on its heels. Maybe mix it in on a few drives and see how it’s working. I noticed when Seattle did this they rushed a little slower then when they huddled.

Defensively I make Chicago beat us on the ground. We can't let them get cheap points in the passing game. We can't let them complete a deep pass, they have to earn points. They look a bit pass happy, probably because they're so enamored with what they can do with Grossman compared Orton, Krenzil etc. We should play off that, and look to create turnovers when they get over aggressive.The Bears run game by itself is not scary, but if Grossman gets going we will have problems stopping both.

When Carolina beat Chicago last year, they were able to pound the Bears with their running game and beat them deep with the pass using Steve Smith's speed (Roscoe? Evans?). On the other side of the ball, you would hope that Buffalo's cover 2 scheme can take away Grossman's long gains with the pass, and Chicago would not seem to be one of those teams that can pound our small defensive front with the run. This game also has letdown written all over it for the Bears. I fully expect the Bills to cover the 11.5 point spread. A victory will depend on turnovers and whether the Bills can score on one or two big pass plays downfield, imo.

Beat cover 2? Run it between the tackles. If you can't do that, you won't beat the Cover 2. I think we have as good a chance as anyone to do that with Willis and Thomas and the trick will be using that as the base with some screens (careful on those with those particular linebackers) and once or twice just hauling back and stretching the ball downfield. Control the clock with the running game, and its time for special teams to show that they are the best in the league (next to the Chicago Bears who are the best team that has ever played any sport in the history of the world, and whom we should be humbled to be allowed to be standing on the same field with.)

Beat cover 2?  Run it between the tackles.  If you can't do that, you won't  beat the Cover 2.  I think we have as good a chance as anyone to do that with Willis and Thomas and the trick will be using that as the base with some screens (careful on those with those particular linebackers) and once or twice just hauling back and stretching the ball downfield.  Control the clock with the running game, and its time for special teams to show that they are the best in the league (next to the Chicago Bears who are the best team that has ever played any sport in the history of the world, and whom we should be humbled to be allowed to be standing on the same field with.)

796280[/snapback]

Another way to beat the cover 2 is to beat them over the middle, in between the LBs and safeties. Lets line up Lee Evans in the slot and use him as a decoy and complete passes to Roscoe, who I think, is going to be an intrical part of this offense beating the Bears.

When Carolina beat Chicago last year, they were able to pound the Bears with their running game and beat them deep with the pass using Steve Smith's speed (Roscoe? Evans?).  On the other side of the ball, you would hope that Buffalo's cover 2 scheme can take away Grossman's long gains with the pass, and Chicago would not seem to be one of those teams that can pound our small defensive front with the run.  This game also has letdown written all over it for the Bears.  I fully expect the Bills to cover the 11.5 point spread.  A victory will depend on turnovers and whether the Bills can score on one or two big pass plays downfield, imo.

796257[/snapback]

Everybody remembers the playoff game da Bears lost against Carolina 21-29 but they forget that a month or so earlier da Bears beat the Panthers 13-3 in the regular season. What was the crucial difference? In the playoff game our Strong Safety Mike Brown was out with an injury. He's the vet that calls out all of the alignment changes in the Secondary. Without him back there, Steve Smith was able to do what he wanted.

But don't worry, Mike Brown is very healthy now and will be playing this Sunday... :devil:

Dennis, the only thing is, in the NFL, the more desperate team usually wins. After your big W vs. Seattle, you had better find something to get desperate about cause we're coming.

I see it...Bills 16 Bears 9, McGee takes a KO back for a TD, Whitner sacks Rex for 2, and McGahee controls the clock, getting 30+ carries and a TD.

When Carolina beat Chicago last year, they were able to pound the Bears with their running game and beat them deep with the pass using Steve Smith's speed (Roscoe? Evans?). 

796257[/snapback]

One difference between that Carolina team and the Bills team.....OL...They had

a much stronger OL than ours. However, we could use that same recipe to beat

the bears.

Put pressure on Grossman and make him turn the ball over.

Max-protect Losman and avoid turn overs.

One difference between that Carolina team and the Bills team.....OL...They had

a much stronger OL than ours.  However, we could use that same recipe to beat

the bears.

Put pressure on Grossman and make him turn the ball over.

Max-protect Losman and avoid turn overs.

796371[/snapback]

All of our opponents this season have seen Grossman as a virtual "rookie QB" and so have all tried to pressure him into making "rookie QB" mistakes. But he's only thrown 3 INTs so far this season and only been sacked 3 times. Our front four are pretty good at keeping the pressure off of Rex. Last year at this same point in the season our true "rookie QB" (Kyle Orton) had thrown 6 INTs and been sacked 9 times. We were 1-3 at that point as well...