Football's Future Has Updated it's 2007 Mock Draft

And we're not drafting 1st and getting Brady Quinn!

Apparently they are actually paying attention to the standings, since we're now picking 10th.

Unfortunately, they aren't actually watching the games however, as they have us drafting Drew Stanton. "Losman is not the QB that will lead this team to the playoffs." Interesting.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

Depending on what happens with Takeo or if we can re-sign London Fletcher, I'd love to see us go after Paul Posluszny, the LB from Penn State in next year's draft.

I see us picking in the 8-14 area, which is probably where we could nab him. Something about this guy just screams dominant NFL linebacker for the next decade. Intense, a true leader on the Defense...would be a great addition to our faster, younger Cover 2.

Depending on what happens with Takeo or if we can re-sign London Fletcher, I'd love to see us go after Paul Posluszny, the LB from Penn State in next year's draft.

I see us picking in the 8-14 area, which is probably where we could nab him.  Something about this guy just screams dominant NFL linebacker for the next decade.  Intense, a true leader on the Defense...would be a great addition to our faster, younger Cover 2.

795165[/snapback]

Disagree BGIM. i think he is grossly overrated. Buster Davis has been an absolute stud for the Noles this year and it sucks that just off name recognition he will get shafted. Pozlusny is soft. He got absolutely worked against FSU in the Orange Bowl, then he tore his ACL. The only reason he had the year he did was because of his supporting class last year. Hawk should have wo the Nagurski award, now thats a shafting.

I see us picking in the 8-14 area, which is probably where we could nab him.  Something about this guy just screams dominant NFL linebacker for the next decade.  Intense, a true leader on the Defense...would be a great addition to our faster, younger Cover 2.

795165[/snapback]

He seems like he has a high motor.

Early mock drafts are always funny, IMO its going to be a battle between Calvin Johnson and Brady Quinn for who's #1.

Dropping Johnson to #7 just means whoever wrote that up doesn't watch college football.

Jared Gaither is a top 15 pick right now at best and where is Gaines Adams from Clemson?

The Lber from PSU is still showing effects from injury, I think we could nab him in the low teens. If he recovers and plays like he did last year, then he could go top ten.

I completely agree about Davis. He's very very fast sideline to sideline and one of the best LBs in college football, but he is a Criminole.

795176[/snapback]

Thats ok. So am I. This guy is always around the ball and makes solid solid solid tackles. You wont see him get his hands on someone and miss. He reminds me alot of fletch. but he is an inch taller. I wouldnt mind having a guy like that around for 8-10 years. Would you?

I like Buster Davis, and he does actually have that London Fletcher mold...but come on, its not like Posluszny is a slouch. The guy is a beast and deserves the recognition he got. Just look at the numbers he has put up in his college career, even before the 2006 season. 31 games played. 256 tackles. 26 tackles for a loss. 6 sacks. 7 passes broken up. 3 interceptions.

Compare that with Davis who has actually played one more game than Posluszny did before this 2006 season. Davis has 32 games played. 156 tackles. 19.5 tackles for a loss. 3 sacks. 6 passes broken up and 0 interceptions.

They are both good, but Posluszny is a step above the other LBs currently playing college ball right. He'll be even better as the season progresses the after effects of the injury wears off.

That being said...wouldnt mind the Bills drafting either...but I'd rather it be Posluszny if given a choice.

If we aren't going to make the playoffs we need to lose every game now so we can draft Calvin Johnson. He's is unbelieveable and we have no Red Zone threat whatsoever. We need a nice tall receiver.. Too bad this is all extreme wishful thinking.

Pozlusny is soft. He got absolutely worked against FSU in the Orange Bowl, then he tore his ACL.

795170[/snapback]

:devil:

The game was 16-16 at the end of regulation (Posluzny was injured late in the 4th.) FSU had 26 rushing yards on 26 attempts. Their two TD's were an 87-yard punt return and a 57-yard reception. FSU was 3-17 on 3rd down and punted nine times. Posluzny was coincidentally injured on the drive and off the field when FSU managed to move the ball enough to kick the tying FG. But he got worked???

The game was 16-16 at the end of regulation (Posluzny was injured late in the 4th.)  FSU had 26 rushing yards on 26 attempts.  Their two TD's were an 87-yard punt return and a 57-yard reception.  FSU was 3-17 on 3rd down and punted nine times.  Posluzny was coincidentally injured on the drive and off the field when FSU managed to move the ball enough to kick the tying FG.  But he got worked???

796149[/snapback]

One thing I've learned about TBD...when someone needs a fact to make their case, they make one up.

Works too, because most of us are too lazy to look things up. :lol:

Thats ok. So am I. This guy is always around the ball and makes solid solid solid tackles. You wont see him get his hands on someone and miss. He reminds me alot of fletch. but he is an inch taller. I wouldnt mind having a guy like that around for 8-10 years. Would you?

795178[/snapback]

I completely agree! IMO, he's much better than Poluzsny ever dreamed of being. I see the next London Fletcher written all over him! Now, would you rather have the next Fletcher or Zach Thomas?? Give me Fletcher!

The game was 16-16 at the end of regulation (Posluzny was injured late in the 4th.)  FSU had 26 rushing yards on 26 attempts.  Their two TD's were an 87-yard punt return and a 57-yard reception.  FSU was 3-17 on 3rd down and punted nine times.  Posluzny was coincidentally injured on the drive and off the field when FSU managed to move the ball enough to kick the tying FG.  But he got worked???

796149[/snapback]

Yeahs stats are great but I was at the game and Puzlusny got worked. Gee stat wiz where are Pozlusnys stats for the game. Numbers go a long way but not all the way. Watch a few PSU games this year and then watch buster and tell me who is the better player.

Yeahs stats are great but I was at the game and Puzlusny got worked. Gee stat wiz where are Pozlusnys stats for the game. Numbers go a long way but not all the way. Watch a few PSU games this year and then watch buster and tell me who is the better player.

796194[/snapback]

Buster is the fuggin man! Altho i may be a bit biased. Watch him tonite against NC St. The guy is all over the field. In the loss to clemson, one of their WR's caught a pass and burned our CB. While their WR was tring to outrun our safety, buster came running down the field and caught him from behind. Hes a hell of a 'backer.