Football's Future Has Updated it's 2007 Mock Draft

Drew Stanton :lol: What the :lol: That would be a effin retarded decision. We honestly need to consider the possibility that McGahee might leave after next year and draft Marshaun Lynch. Or the best OL if there is one available worthy enough when we get our pick. Posluszny would be a solid LB, but we're not bad off or in need at that position right now. We need our own version of a young "Warren Sapp" in our Tampa 2 scheme, a possible Willis replacement, some OL help, a consistent pass rushing DE to wreak havoc in the backfield a la Freeney or Abraham, and a receiving threat that can also block at TE. And the Bills are going after a choke artist QB like Stanton with their first pick in the draft after the improvement JP has shown from last year to this? :w00t: Yeah. :devil:

And we're not drafting 1st and getting Brady Quinn!

Apparently they are actually paying attention to the standings, since we're now picking 10th.

Unfortunately, they aren't actually watching the games however, as they have us drafting Drew Stanton. "Losman is not the QB that will lead this team to the playoffs." Interesting.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

795162[/snapback]

I was surprised they ranked OT Sam Baker so low but to me he might be a guy to keep our eye on. As think Mike Gandy is due to be an UFA and although we drafted Butler and Pennington last year I don't see either being a long term solution at Left OT. I think Baker could be just be that.

I like Stanton, I think he might just possibly end up as the best QB in this draft.

That being said, if JP continues his progression the rest of the season as he did the first four weeks, no way we're drafting a QB.

I'd have to consider taking Blalock there, as we could really use a tackle to go with Peters.

Depending on what happens with Takeo or if we can re-sign London Fletcher, I'd love to see us go after Paul Posluszny, the LB from Penn State in next year's draft.

I see us picking in the 8-14 area, which is probably where we could nab him.  Something about this guy just screams dominant NFL linebacker for the next decade.  Intense, a true leader on the Defense...would be a great addition to our faster, younger Cover 2.

795165[/snapback]

Really? I get the feeling this guy is the next Trev Alberts.

I'm actually OK with our LB future... sure one would be nice next year, but I still think wehave Line issues to take care of in the 2-7 rounds, I say a first round pick goes to a nickel corner or LB, but with Ellison showing his style and smarts, I think him and Crowell will be hawking the ball in Buffalo for a long time.

Go Bills.

Obviously, either most of us who are Bills fans have our homer blinders on and can't see that JP is a bust, or the rest of the country hasn't figured out that he can be pretty good right now, and just might become a great one. I vote for the latter.

I like Stanton, I think he might just possibly end up as the best QB in this draft.

That being said, if JP continues his progression the rest of the season as he did the first four weeks, no way we're drafting a QB.

I'd have to consider taking Blalock there, as we could really use a tackle to go with Peters.

796701[/snapback]

If the Bills are disappointed enough in JP to look elsewhere I really incredibly doubt they will look to the draft for a replacement. From Michael Vick to Leinarty, to Pennington (to arguably even Peyton Manning who as a rookie QB brought his team from the 3-13 record which got him all the way up to a 3-13 record) a drafted QB unless their is a team around him to carry him like Pitt and RoboQB is merely another development project who will condemn the Bills to yet another playoff less year that lines up behind the 5 loser years under TD.

If JP fails then I think we get serious about an FA QB who can some uin and produce more immediately and put nutts om tje seats fpr this franchise. Regardless of how good Stanton is or is not, picking a QB in the firs would be psychotic.

If the Bills are disappointed enough in JP to look elsewhere I really incredibly doubt they will look to the draft for a replacement.  From Michael Vick to Leinarty, to Pennington (to arguably even Peyton Manning who as a rookie QB brought his team from the 3-13 record which got him all the way up to a 3-13 record) a drafted QB unless their is a team around him to carry him like Pitt and RoboQB is merely another development project who will condemn the Bills to yet another playoff less year that lines up behind the 5 loser years under TD.

If JP fails then I think we get serious about an FA QB who can some uin and produce more immediately and put nutts om tje seats fpr this franchise.  Regardless of how good Stanton is or is not, picking a QB in the firs would be psychotic.

796816[/snapback]

Bit drunk last night? :D

Yeah, I think that if JP does seriously disappoint the rest of the way (hope not), we might end up with Matt Schaub.

Yeahs stats are great but I was at the game and Puzlusny got worked. Gee stat wiz where are Pozlusnys stats for the game. Numbers go a long way but not all the way. Watch a few PSU games this year and then watch buster and tell me who is the better player.

796194[/snapback]

Okay....so, I saw Buster get worked last night. NC State ran all over them. :devil:

I'm not being a prick, I do like Buster as a player and would love him on the Bills. I just took exception to you calling Posluzny overrated and soft, and I'm no PSU fan. If he's overrated, then Hawk is overrated too. I agree, stats don't make up the whole story, but they matter. It's hard to say Posluzny got worked in the Orange Bowl last year when you consider FSU's offensive output that I included earlier in this thread. An offense doesn't gain 26 yards on 26 rushes when they are 'working' the other team's MLB.

NC State's RB's, on the other hand, rushed for 163 on 31 carries. Buster had 3 solo tackles and 7 Zach Taylors (some statisticians call them 'assists', but not me.) Sounds like Buster was soft....

Any stud Offensive Guards? A solid Ruben Brown would be great.

I saw that there were plenty of Offensive tackles, so what are their qualities? Is the footwork good enough to make it in the NFL? Are they mainly run blockers or pass blockers? Injuries? blah blah blah...