Some 2007 Free Agents

If you haven't visited Fin Heaven yet do it. It's a real thing of beauty. While I was enjoying the doom I came across this list of 2007 FA's. How about moving Peters to LT and signing Davis at RT? I think we miss a true power RT. Peters is getting very good but he still plays high in the run game and would be a decent fit at LT. Another thing I noticed was the plethora of cover 2 talent available. Freeney, Briggs, and June all play in the cover 2. How those guys fit in with our needs remains to be seen, but it wouldn't shock me to see Buffalo go after one of these three.

Partial 2007 FA list

---------------------------------

QB Matt Schaub, RFA, ATL

RB Michael Turner, RFA, SD

OT Max Starks, RFA, Pit

OT Leonard Davis, UFA, Arz

OT Mike Gandy, UFA, Buf

OL Nat Dorsey, RFA, Clev

OG Chris Gray, UFA, Sea

DE Dwight Freeney, UFA, Indy

DE Jared Allen, RFA, KC

DT Darnell Dockett, RFA, Ariz

DT Vonnie Holliday, UFA, Miami

OLB Lance Briggs, UFA, Chi

OLB Na'il Diggs, UFA, Car

LB Cato June, UFA, Indy

OLB Adalius Thomas, UFA, Bal

CB Nate Clements, UFA, Buf

CB Asante Samuel, UFA, NE (young and cheap)

S Tyrone Carter, UFA, Pit

S John Lynch, UFA, Den

S Lance Schulters, UFA

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One guy I'd want the Bills to take a look at, depending on his physical, is C Dan Koppen of the Pats.  You KNOW that the Pats won't pay him a lot of money.

794535[/snapback]

Yeah, then they will pick up some UDFA or someone off the streets and they will be in the pro bowl........ bastards

I dont know the colts salary cap situation, but I can't imagine they'd let Freeney walk. Pass on Leonard Davis. He's a turnstile, that whole cardnials line is brutal. If Tim Anderson doesn't work out at dt Darnell Dockett would be a nice guy to look at. I dont think the rookie class for dt's next year is all that good. I'll eat my shoe if freeney hits the open market.

I've been completely satisfied with Fowler at center. We could use an upgrade at RG and at a tackle spot (but we're not really desperate). Probably will need a capable starting CB, FB, and maybe another LB to throw in the mix. What can be addressed in the draft, also a little early to say

I highly doubt Asante Samuel will be someone that will come cheap. I'm sure there will be quite a few teams interested in his services.

794597[/snapback]

Asante Samuel has his moments, but he's not overly good. If we lose clements it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but he's not someone I'd be all that excited to see here.

Here is the only list of 2007 free agents I could track down. It's not complete or up-to-date with recent resignings, but it's fairly useful. Might as well not even bother thinking about guys who are restricted free agents.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagents.html

I'd go after Asante Samuel if the price was right. He'll certianly come cheaper than Nate, and it's unlikely that Youboty will be anything more than a nickel CB next year.

Besides at CB, I don't see any standouts at our need positions for next year (#2 WR, FB, LT, RG). Most likely will just have to build through the draft once again.

Asante Samuel has his moments, but he's not overly good.  If we lose clements it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but he's not someone I'd  be all that excited to see here.

794601[/snapback]

Neither was Dre Bly a couple years ago.... And the salary cap has only gone up. Samuel will get a big payday from someone.

There is approximately a 97.8% chance that Nate will be gone next year. I wouldn't mind Youboty or Greer getting the spot.

Neither was Dre Bly a couple years ago.... And the salary cap has only gone up. Samuel will get a big payday from someone.

There is approximately a 97.8% chance that Nate will be gone next year. I wouldn't mind Youboty or Greer getting the spot.

794630[/snapback]

Youboty hasn't played a down in the NFL and you'd be cool with having him as your #2 CB? Or Greer who currently rotates with Thomas as our nickel corner because each has a glaring weakness?

We'll need a vet to replace Nate until Youboty is ready to start, whether it's Samuel or someone else.

Youboty hasn't played a down in the NFL and you'd be cool with having him as your #2 CB? Or Greer who currently rotates with Thomas as our nickel corner because each has a glaring weakness?

We'll need a vet to replace Nate until Youboty is ready to start, whether it's Samuel or someone else.

794652[/snapback]

Neither did McGee (besides KOs, and whatever else, a limited role). Marv drafted Youboty and was very high on him. He should get reps this year.

I don't think we need to break the bank to get a satisfactory CB, and the way the draft and signings went, ML was planning for the short-term future. We are rebuilding. Might as well rebuild there too with talented guys we've already got on the roster. Cap $ needs to go to the DL, OL, LB and other core areas.

Neither did McGee (besides KOs, and whatever else, a limited role). Marv drafted Youboty and was very high on him. He should get reps this year.

I don't think we need to break the bank to get a satisfactory CB, and the way the draft and signings went, ML was planning for the short-term future. We are rebuilding. Might as well rebuild there too with talented guys we've already got on the roster. Cap $ needs to go to the DL, OL, LB and other core areas.

794656[/snapback]

actually McGee did he played in 14 games in 2003 and had 2ints, I believe he split time at nickle with kevin thomas. He started out at nickle in 2004 until Vincent's injury forced him into the starting lineup. I like Youboty's potential a lot I'm just tired of seeing very good corners get away for nothing in return. I also dont want to see Jabari greer as a starting corner. If he is I definitly hope we go de with our 1st pick in next years draft.

Yes it's early, week 5 might seem a little early to think about the offseason, but it's harmless. Steinbach would be a good addition, move tuten to RG.

I feel we might want to address the Nose tackle position too, Tim Anderson is not the answer.

2007 free agents in week 5 of the season.... this is ridiculous <_<

794664[/snapback]

True, us fans should be focusing on Chicago. If we look ahead we might not be able to cheer or criticize as effectively come Sunday. Lighten up Francis. :lol: